BOUND & GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG (M+/M+) *UPDATE JAN 08*

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.

WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SAGAS HAVE YOU FOUND YOURSELF RE-READING OR GOING BACK TO THE MOST? (2 VOTES)

BOUND & GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG
45%
TEACHING BRAD A LESSON
5%
EASY PREY I-IV
24%
THIRTY-SIX HOURS OF HELL
5%
HOUSE ARREST I & II
6%
HOW I BECAME A COLLEGE DORM SLAVE
14%
OTHER (SPECIFY)
1%

Total votes: 111

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

This is a busy time for most of us, so I'll give everyone a bit more time to catch up before moving on to Act IV.
There are a LOT of readers following this, so I'm hoping to see more of you commenting over the weekend.

bondagefreak wrote: 5 years ago A HUGE THANKS for all the support and comments, guys!
We've broken past the 600 post mark!

Can we make it up to 750 posts by the end of the year?

Guys, can you believe it?
Thanks to your regular support, we've made it to 750 and still have two weeks to go before the start of the new year! YOU GUYS ROCK!

And for my second time readers who are wondering what this remastered version will mean for the fourth Act, I can assure you that the vast majority of it will remain intact and stay true to the original. Not to fear, no major changes up ahead.

As for those of you who's special requests I've accepted but haven't fulfilled yet ([mention]TiedNW[/mention], [mention]Tickler1079[/mention], etc) I've not forgotten, but simply decided to move them up in the timeline (for strategic reasons). Your patience will be rewarded.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Trainedsub
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Trainedsub »

I'm so glad I'm finally caught up!!!! The chapter after Nick finally popped Steven is amazing! We finally get to see the Daddy side of Nick and not just the hard alpha facade he wanted his friends to see! Next was the chapter in the cottage. It's so nice to see Steven becoming more comfortable with Shawn, but sad to see he can't tell his fellow sub about his amazing experience. Lastly.... yikes. I remember reading this chapter on the old site, but it's still not any easier. So many subs get stuck with these awful people playing dom and never know what they're missing. I feel so much for Jeremy and I'm so happy he's out of this toxic relationship. (Just out of curiosity, I wonder if a certain event surrounding Brad and Jeremy will return in this story?)
Please sir... Not that again, I promise I’ll be good-
TiedNW
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TiedNW »

bondagefreak wrote: 5 years ago And for my second time readers who are wondering what this remastered version will mean for the fourth Act, I can assure you that the vast majority of it will remain intact and stay true to the original. Not to fear, no major changes up ahead.

As for those of you who's special requests I've accepted but haven't fulfilled yet (@TiedNW, @Tickler1079, etc) I've not forgotten, but simply decided to move them up in the timeline (for strategic reasons). Your patience will be rewarded.
I know Sir. I’m waiting patiently and loving the new version in the meantime.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

A huge thanks to all my readers for the comments, messages and support shown this past week.
Here's to us making 2019 an even more productive year on this forum!

This fourth installment of Bound and Gagged in a Sleeping Bag will present the readers with a brand new set of moral dilemmas, and force our story characters to contend with a number of "grey zone" predicaments.

I encourage all of you to debate and discuss morally questionable issues when you come face to face with them, and also encourage you help the characters by finding solutions to the different problems they'll each have to face.

Eventful times are ahead!
So without any further ado, I present to you:

BOUND AND GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG: PART IV

Last edited by bondagefreak 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

BOUND AND GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG: PART IV

Chapter 101 – An Expeditious Retreat

Saturday, April 22 (11:15 PM)

The urgency in Nick's voice combined with the grim expression displayed on his face, left no doubt in my mind as to the seriousness of our situation.

We had to leave. Now.

As I scrambled to my feet, my mind started racing.
Nick taking Jeremy away from Brad was probably the LAST thing I expected to happen this weekend.

Yes, I had wanted him to act and yes, I was relieved to see my friend being carried into the relative safety of the guest bedroom. But still, it was hard to get over the fact that Nick had suddenly taken such drastic measures
to end his friend's cruel reign over the boi.

In any other circumstance, I would've been swept off my feet by Nick's actions.
But everything had happened so fast and so unexpectedly.
There was no time for questions. No time for talk.

I couldn't quite believe it, but here Shawn was, carrying the poor boi in his arms after having helped his older cousin beat Brad up and knock him out cold.
I had no idea how much of a role he actually played in the brawl that had just taken place, but I was really grateful for his presence.

Brad may have been a bit smaller and lighter than the two cousins, but he was definitely the craftiest of the three and was probably a really nasty fighter as well.

Had Shawn not barged in on time, who knows what might've happened?!
Brad could've taken Nick out, either with brute force or with a blow to the head.

The mere thought of it sent shivers through my spine.

It took me a few seconds to finally get up and collect myself, but Nick really wasn't satisfied.
He clenched his jaw tight, huffed in frustration and walked right up to me before clamping one of his hands behind the back of my head and using the other one to smack me on the cheek and raise my chin up.

"Look at me." he growled, frowning deeply while attempting to keep his voice calm. "Focus! I need you to get dressed and pack our things up, now." he told me, holding my face tight so that I was staring straight up into his eyes.

I looked up into my handsome lover's angry blue orbs and quickly nodded my head obediently before getting to work.

Ignoring the fact that Jeremy didn't seem quite as cooperative as I would've hoped, I immediately started getting dressed and scrambled like mad in the hopes of quickly gathering our stuff before Brad managed to regain consciousness.

I ended up packing myself up like a mule, carrying not only my bag of clothes, but also Nick's pack and both of our grooming kits.

I swear, my hands were moving as fast as my heart was beating.
In less than two minutes, I had everything packed together and ready to go.

By the time I ran to the guest bedroom to alert Nick of my progress, the blond hunk was already fully dressed and had his massive parka and thick leather gloves on.

I opened my mouth, but instead of speaking up, I just stood there and suddenly found myself dealing with a pretty serious moral dilemma...one that still bothers me, even to this day.

Not only was Jeremy now fully alert and quickly regaining his senses, but he was also putting up much more of a struggle now. Something wasn't right.
The underwear-clad nineteen-year-old twink was struggling to break free and didn't seem the least bit interested in going along with Nick's plan.

"Mmmno! Stop! Let me go! What are you guys doing!?" he cried out.

I watched in horror as the small, heavily-battered teen was pinned down and expertly rolled up into the moderately thick guest bedroom comforter. His scrawny, 130-pound body was no match for the two muscular giants, and his pitiful cries were promptly muffled up by my beefy lover's huge, leather-clad hands.

I felt torn in half.

As much as I hated the toxic relationship Jeremy had going on with his abusive Dom, and as much as I wanted to drag him out of it, we couldn't ignore the fact that he was an adult and couldn't just take him away by force.
Doing so would've been wrong.
Yet, that was EXACTLY what Nick and Shawn appeared set on doing!

Jeremy was screaming and struggling to be let go, but the two muscular brutes had no trouble pinning him down and wrapping him up real tight to stop him from escaping.

I just wanted to run up to my friend, hug him and tell him that everything would be alright.
I would've talked him into coming with us, would've convinced him that Brad was a danger to his health and sanity.
But there was no time for that.

"Hurry up!" Nick growled, keeping a tight grip over the puny prisoner's face while his hunky cousin tore the pillowcase off one of the pillows and quickly knotted it up into a sizeable ball.

My blue-eyed lover let go of Jeremy's face and clamped his big, gloved hands over the boy's throat and forehead.

"Stop! No! I don't wanna gmmmpphh!" was all the kid managed to cry out.

My heart just sank and my legs suddenly felt too weak to support the weight I was carrying.
I actually had to rest my weakened body against the bedroom doorframe as the gruesome spectacle unfolded before my eyes.

My friend clearly didn't wanna be taken away.
The fact that he was struggling so much and was calling out for his incredibly abusive Master to come save him, really tore at me and left a bitter feeling in gut.

This wasn't right.
But neither was leaving him here and letting the abuse go on.

The kid yelled and tried to scream his Master's name out, but Shawn forced the large knot into the protesting sub's mouth and roughly pulled the ends of the pillowcase down. Nick immediately followed suite, grabbing the boy's hair and yanking his head up off the mattress, allowing his younger cousin to secure the gag.
Shawn lost no time in doing so.
His huge pecs and biceps bulged as he pulled the pillowcase taut and knotted it up real tight behind Jeremy's head, securing the balled up wad deep inside his prisoner's mouth.

I watched my friend's panicked face contort into a look of fear and anger.
His struggling increased and his muffled cries became more violent and urgent.

Even as Nick wrapped the comforter over his face and lifted the tightly mummified form up over his shoulder, my heart ached at the sheer wrongness of what we were doing.

The blond hunk gave me a grim look as he turned to exit the room and saw me standing by the doorframe.
He seemed just as deranged as I about Jeremy's frantic struggling. But the look on his face betrayed a sense of unwavering determination.

Whatever he had seen in the Brad's bedroom...
Whatever he had caught his buddy doing to the kid...he was putting an end to it and that was final.

If that meant kidnapping the boy and taking him away for his own safety, then so be it.

Shawn quickly barged past me and ran to the living room so that he could gather his belongings and get dressed.
Nick gave me a cold, meaningful look before grabbing my upper right arm and hurrying me towards the front door.

Brad would be waking up and regaining his senses any second now.
And neither of us wanted to be here when that happened.

Should a second conflict ensue between the temperamental brute and my lover, I'm pretty sure blood would've been drawn, and I certainly wouldn't put it past Brad to pull out a knife or a blunt object during the fight.

This was no time to ponder the moral implications of what we were doing.
This was a time for urgency and a time for immediate action.
We'd deal with the consequences later.

Right now, our top priority was to get everyone out in one piece, and that included Jeremy.
Everything else came in distant second.
Last edited by bondagefreak 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

GoBucks
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GoBucks »

While Jeremy technically should be able to choose to stay with Brad, I don't think he in the right mental state to make that kind of decision. Brad's abuse has definitely warped his mind. Nick and Shawn are doing the right thing getting him out of there.
ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

You went straight in there with the moralistic dilemmas. But I agree with [mention]GoBucks[/mention] . Yes, Jeremy is an adult and thus has the right to make his own choices. It is well advised that you should not forcefully remove a person from their abusive relationship. But there are times where you are choosing between someone's life or your relationship with them. And it can be extremely hard because they can reject it.

I believe that Jeremy has deluded himself, as seen multiple times previously. He has hopes and ideals, like any person. But the type of person Brad is, it just isn't safe for him. At this moment, a lot of things could be going through his head: fear; confusion; anger; delusion; love; hate; etc.

What needs to be done in my opinion is: Jeremy needs to be taken to a safe place and speak to someone without bias and who is specialized to deal with these matters. At this point; Shawn, Nick, and Steven will do nothing for him. At the mental state, I believe he is in, trusting them, or believing them is the last thing he'll do. It's an extremely difficult situation as he would have no one else to fall back on due to abandoning his family.

My best solution to this would be to seek a professional to help with the problem as it is a much more serious issue than Steven's was. If still, he cannot deal on his own and he is able to understand the life-damaging or life-threatening impacts that Brad had on his life. I would hope that he may get a second chance with possibly Shawn. But I do believe there is a chance that if he realizes, it may traumatize him for life.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Yeees! A debate! :mrgreen: Interesting moral dilemna and reactions to it so far.
I see things the exact opposite of [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] and would argue that in such states of shock, you're not receptive to the kind of quiet, rational help professionals offer. Friends involved in the situation and taking action because they know - or feel, that's the same in the end - you can't are exactly what you need. You know they like or love you and they're seen as equals offering spontaneous assistance.

( Huge bias warning against therapists here. Subjective, personal experience tells me they don't understand their subject, they're too 'polite' with us; YET the argument used is one based on human emotivity and lack of rationality in moments of tension )

I know I'd listen more to a Steven with a devastated look on his face sending a " I know what it's like" silent message than to a shrink with their unatural quietness, "I know it all" look and badly hidden pitty... In emergency situations, pros look at you as a subject to their expertise , no matter how commited or emotionaly involved they are; it's their job and it shows, despite their best efforts to appear friendly and caring...

However 'brutal' or partial your friends/lovers/partners may seem, your friends are not 'acting' they're 'reacting' and that's closer to your own perceptions in such circumstances...

On a lighter note, such questionable interventions make for exciting TUG scenes...
don't run ! I'm friendly ...
ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

LK3869 wrote: 5 years ago Yeees! A debate! :mrgreen: Interesting moral dilemna and reactions to it so far.
I see things the exact opposite of @ShadowHusky and would argue that in such states of shock, you're not receptive to the kind of quiet, rational help professionals offer. Friends involved in the situation and taking action because they know - or feel, that's the same in the end - you can't are exactly what you need. You know they like or love you and they're seen as equals offering spontaneous assistance.

( Huge bias warning against therapists here. Subjective, personal experience tells me they don't understand their subject, they're too 'polite' with us; YET the argument used is one based on human emotivity and lack of rationality in moments of tension )

I know I'd listen more to a Steven with a devastated look on his face sending a " I know what it's like" silent message than to a shrink with their unatural quietness, "I know it all" look and badly hidden pitty... In emergency situations, pros look at you as a subject to their expertise , no matter how commited or emotionaly involved they are; it's their job and it shows, despite their best efforts to appear friendly and caring...

However 'brutal' or partial your friends/lovers/partners may seem, your friends are not 'acting' they're 'reacting' and that's closer to your own perceptions in such circumstances...

On a lighter note, such questionable interventions make for exciting TUG scenes...
I completely understand your point of view but I completely disagree. Multiple studies have shown that those who come from abusive relationships show distaste to those insisting they leave or force them to. Without repeating myself, Jeremy seems to be under a state of delusion (Common with most victims of an abusive relationship), he believes either Brad can change; that he will do better; that what Brad's doing is right; etc.

However comforting friends can be, (And it is absolutely possible, though unlikely, for Jeremy to trust them after they explain the situation) it is always best to seek an unbiased professional opinion. A therapist, psychologist or other professionals are trained in certain ways to deal with certain types of situations. It is extremely common for a therapist not to connect well with the patient. So it is recommended to keep searching until the right one is found.

The reason an unbiased opinion is needed is due to the already existing and well-known bias of the three kidnappers, Jeremy who shares the opposite opinion may feel attacked and become defensive and stubborn. He believes what Brad says is right, and going against that would be going against everything he worked to achieve his "dream".

Professionals do not work for everyone, but there are a multitude of different types that specialize in certain subjects and methods. Unfortunately, I really doubt that the three kidnappers are well-equipped with the knowledge to truly help Jeremy the way that he needs.

As I briefly mentioned above, it is perfectly possible that you are right [mention]LK3869[/mention] and I am not invalidating your argument in any way. From experience, I truly believe that this matter is bigger than friend's words can fix.
Ossassin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ossassin »

This is a devilishly tricky issue. If they let this go on quite frankly I don't think they could live with themselves, if they seperate an unwilling Jeremy from Brad they have kinda stomped over Jeremy's right to self-determine (unwise direction though it may have been). Their best option, though correct me if I'm wrong, would have been to either interrogate Jeremy about it away from Brad or alternatively throw Brad under the proverbial bus and call the police. Honestly this is an issue I just don't have enough experience to judge accurately myself.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Ossassin wrote: 5 years ago Honestly this is an issue I just don't have enough experience to judge accurately myself.
No one really does - even when you've lived rough moments, because there's so many possible interpretations of it - which makes it interesting :| I like your views on self-determination and free will, BTW...
You got valid points [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] - and well explained. And our host made it tricky by adding the emergency and violent confrontation. Plus it's not any kind of friends we're dealing with here; a strange mix of friends and lovers. Just to confuse things a little more. :D
Outta.this.place
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Outta.this.place »

I remember how you wrote those last two chapters in your last story so it is interesting to me to see the similarities/ differences on how it is playing out. I think I prefer a bit more of the psychological aspect in the new story. It's great! :)
Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

I know I'm a pretty light commenter these days but I'm glad to see part 4 up now and over a 100 chapters. Keep up the good work!
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Some very interesting comments and answers so far!
I look forward to hearing from the rest of you guys, especially about whether you think Nick did the right thing or not.

[mention]hotgom[/mention] [mention]Msueta@2[/mention] [mention]lengban[/mention] [mention]socjuc[/mention] [mention]Valimure[/mention] [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention] [mention]TiedNW[/mention] [mention]Pup[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]sniffingyoursocks[/mention] [mention]Tsuhaya[/mention] [mention]Trainedsub[/mention] [mention]handovermouth[/mention]

Trainedsub
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Trainedsub »

So without going into much detail, I've been Jeremy. You love a person so much you can't see how little you mean to them. To you, they're a god. To them, you're a toy. It took me someone else ripping me out of the situation kicking and screaming to see he was destroying me. Nick did the right thing.
squirrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by squirrel »

It's hard to tell, since I don't know what Brad did to Jeremy... But, as Brad always seemed to be a terrible asshole, I guess Nick, Shawn and Steven did well to take Jeremy away :)
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: SQUIRREL'S STORIES

ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

Trainedsub wrote: 5 years ago So without going into much detail, I've been Jeremy. You love a person so much you can't see how little you mean to them. To you, they're a god. To them, you're a toy. It took me someone else ripping me out of the situation kicking and screaming to see he was destroying me. Nick did the right thing.
I'd say "the right thing" is rather subjective. I would agree in saying that Nick's actions were the ones with the best outcome. But that doesn't always mean it's "right".
Trainedsub
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Trainedsub »

ShadowHusky wrote: 5 years ago
Trainedsub wrote: 5 years ago So without going into much detail, I've been Jeremy. You love a person so much you can't see how little you mean to them. To you, they're a god. To them, you're a toy. It took me someone else ripping me out of the situation kicking and screaming to see he was destroying me. Nick did the right thing.
I'd say "the right thing" is rather subjective. I would agree in saying that Nick's actions were the ones with the best outcome. But that doesn't always mean it's "right".
He did what was best in the long term without taking into regard the burden it'll place on him. Sounds right to me.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

At the risk of spilling a few plot beans and creating a spoiler alert, I just wanna remind you guys ([mention]ShadowHusky[/mention], [mention]Trainedsub[/mention]) that speaking about Nick's actions as being "best outcome" and "best long term solution" for Jeremy, is hugely premature.

I know it's been almost a year since our last forum crashed, so our memories of the last published original chapters are pretty fuzzy. Keep in mind that we never got even close to the point of reaching any resolution to Jeremy's crisis, let alone a good one. Even by the end of what I'd managed to publish before the old board crashed, the consequences to Nick's actions and the impact they'd have on Jeremy were still unknown to us.

ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

bondagefreak wrote: 5 years ago At the risk of spilling a few plot beans and creating a spoiler alert, I just wanna remind you guys (@ShadowHusky, @Trainedsub) that speaking about Nick's actions as being "best outcome" and "best long term solution" for Jeremy is hugely premature.

I know it's been almost a year since our last forum crashed, so our memories of the last published original chapters are pretty fuzzy. Keep in mind that we never got even close to the point of reaching any resolution to Jeremy's crisis, let alone a good one. Even by the end of what I'd managed to publish before the old board crashed, the consequences to Nick's actions and the impact they'd have on Jeremy were still unknown to us.
I was using the term "best outcome" as more of a compromise. I didn't really get far in the old version due to the fact that things just were way too harsh for me, where I had to stop. So I have little knowledge of the previous version. I just wanna clarify: I did state that it was a dangerous and potentially harmful path to forcefully remove a person from an abusive relationship. Sure it may work sometime, as Trainedsub mentioned before. But in this case, it seems as if it did more harm than good. Another big no to me was the bondage when they were kidnapping. That is a massive "No" on the list of things to do.

Listen, I've worked with people and have had friends very seriously involved in these types of situations. It took losing a close friend of mine to understand that it's a very delicate situation. But like most situations, it's one that you need to understand and observe before acting. Some, are easy. Some are a dark consuming web that grabs onto anyone venturing near.

This is a very sensitive topic, and it's one that has so many pros and cons on all sides. But I really do think what the three did was irrational. Whether in the end, it's all happy and rainbows, or it devolves into something much darker. The choices the three of them made that night were... Stupid. And I'm sorry for being harsh, I was trying my best to be compromisable and I may have pre-existing bias, but I can't get over it.
socjuc
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by socjuc »

I think I am reading an array of responses worth pondering over that I believe all have merit. I think in this particular case Nick walked in on something that he could not live with (and perhaps without understanding the full situation), but it must have crossed his threshold, and he acted on it. Perhaps also he had Steven's attempts to do something or say something hanging over his thought process too. Dunno, just thinking aloud here. Look forward to how the next chapters unfold, now also with an additional alpha in the picture which will change the story.

All the best to you Bondagefreak and to the readers for the holidays ;)
This story can be found HERE.
Banner by Bondagefreak
Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

I think that when Nick entered Brad's room, he saw something happening that was so terrible, that it left him with no other choice than to fight with Brad and to take Jeremy away from the abusive brute by force.

I think that a certain basic sense of morality and righteousness kicks in when we are faced with such a situation, when we have to decide in just a few seconds without the chance to clearly formulate your thoughts. In that regard, I don't think Nick took a wrong decision.

Jeremy is certainly not able to make decisions in the state he presently is in. Anyway, Brad didn't give him any freedom of choice at all, so things could only get better where Jeremy's freedom is concerned. He needs to feel loved before he can start to love others again. That will take a very long time, if he is not too traumatised that he'll never dare to love someone again.
ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

Sniffmyfeet wrote: 5 years ago I think that when Nick entered Brad's room, he saw something happening that was so terrible, that it left him with no other choice than to fight with Brad and to take Jeremy away from the abusive brute by force.

I think that a certain basic sense of morality and righteousness kicks in when we are faced with such a situation, when we have to decide in just a few seconds without the chance to clearly formulate your thoughts. In that regard, I don't think Nick took a wrong decision.

Jeremy is certainly not able to make decisions in the state he presently is in. Anyway, Brad didn't give him any freedom of choice at all, so things could only get better where Jeremy's freedom is concerned. He needs to feel loved before he can start to love others again. That will take a very long time, if he is not too traumatised that he'll never dare to love someone again.
Yes, I agree that impulsive decisions are based on your own levels of morality. And yes, in Nick's eyes, he made the right choice. But; Was it the right choice for Jeremy? I can agree in saying an abusive relationship is one you should get out of. But the way Nick handled it, (Whether it was an impulsive decision or not doesn't matter) was the wrong decision.

Whether Jeremy was in a certain state of mind or not, he was IN that state of mind at the moment. And he will continue to be in that mind set. The question should not be whether he'll love again. It is way too early for that. There are a multitude of questions, eg. Can he live with himself? Will he trust these people ever again?

Jeremy's state of mind is fragile at this time. And what Nick did was the equivalent of using a sledgehammer to remove a window pane.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

ShadowHusky wrote: 5 years ago And what Nick did was the equivalent of using a sledgehammer to remove a window pane.
Well... that does the trick :mrgreen: ( that was just for fun...)

I'm more or less in line with you about long term solutions, but sticking to the scene described, what would the alternatives be? Stay in your room like nothing's happening nextdoor, or knock on their door and say " Hey, that's not cool, we're leaving..." Knowing Brad would most probably vent his anger on Jeremy when you're gone...
You may have noticed I'm not opposed at all to treating yourself like shit from time to time - or let someone else do that for you - because we all need it, and I do believe in free will and personal responsabilty for your own actions. But self-destruction is a 'technical bug' too and it can be adressed by allowing others to step over your bondaries. I'd say that's the greater thing they can ever do for you. Abusive relationships are fueled by inaction, until it gets too late and everyone is really sorry and there's nothing left to ponder about. ( Defence rests :) )

Good tricky case [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] , I hope you're enjoying yourself ! ;)
ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

LK3869 wrote: 5 years ago
ShadowHusky wrote: 5 years ago And what Nick did was the equivalent of using a sledgehammer to remove a window pane.
Well... that does the trick :mrgreen: ( that was just for fun...)

I'm more or less in line with you about long term solutions, but sticking to the scene described, what would the alternatives be? Stay in your room like nothing's happening nextdoor, or knock on their door and say " Hey, that's not cool, we're leaving..." Knowing Brad would most probably vent his anger on Jeremy when you're gone...
You may have noticed I'm not opposed at all to treating yourself like shit from time to time - or let someone else do that for you - because we all need it, and I do believe in free will and personal responsabilty for your own actions. But self-destruction is a 'technical bug' too and it can be adressed by allowing others to step over your bondaries. I'd say that's the greater thing they can ever do for you. Abusive relationships are fueled by inaction, until it gets too late and everyone is really sorry and there's nothing left to ponder about. ( Defence rests :) )

Good tricky case @bondagefreak , I hope you're enjoying yourself ! ;)
Did I ever say that inaction was okay? My whole point was not the idea of leaving or not leaving an abusive relationship, but how it is handled.

I defended Nick for acting on his own morality, because to him, what he did was right. If someone was is in a bad situation, take them out of it. But abusive relationships are a sticky, dark, consuming web. Nick's actions, while they are morally accurate, were impulsive and irrational.

Inaction is not okay. But impulsive, harsh actions are just as bad. It is documented and well recommended that pulling people out of abusive relationships forcefully not only damages your relationship with said person but can have very serious effects on their mental state and trust of others. I think a lot of people are really struggling to understand the immense grasp an abusive relationship has on the recipient, in emotional, mental and physical ways.

Actions like these are double-edged. And the complexity of these types of situations causes immense distress in all that are involved.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic