SpiderGwen and the $25,000 Bounty (various/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

SpiderGwen and the $25,000 Bounty (various/F)

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

The office building of The Daily Bugle, one of the top-selling newspapers in the city, stood tall in New York City. And inside the office, J. Jonah Jameson, the paper’s publisher, was fuming.

“Damnit!” JJ shouted in his office to Joe Robertson, his Editor-in-Chief. “Did you see what that wall-crawling freak Spider Lady did to my billboard on 14th Street? She ruined it! Practically mangled it during that fight with Electro last night!”
“And not one of our photographers got a good shot of her,” Robertson added in.

“You think I need a reminder of that?!” Furious, JJ slapped a manuscript of his soon-to-be best-selling book “Spider Lady: Criminal or Menace?” off of his desk, spilling the papers onto the floor. “As if the dwindling sale of our papers wasn’t enough of a profit-killer, we’re out ten grand on that billboard!”

The publisher growled. “I need a way to kill two birds with one stone: to boost paper sales and to expose that costumed creep for who she is: a criminal! Robertson, gimme ideas!”

Joe thought for a minute. “I dunno...maybe...uh...ahh, I got it! Announce in the papers that you’ll offer money to whoever can expose her secret identity.”
“That’s dumb! Stupid, even!”
“Okay...maybe hire the Avengers, and-“
“Already tried that. Stark said no.”

The publisher stroked his chin before it hit him. “I got it: I’ll announce in the papers that I’ll give out money to whoever places Spider Lady’s hogtied body on my desk!”

The Editor-in-Chief thought about reminding JJ whose idea that was in the first place, but thought better of it. “Great idea, boss! So, how much are you gonna offer? $100,000?”

JJ balked. “A hundred grand?! Are you actively trying to make me declare bankruptcy, Robertson?!”
“No! I-“
“Nah. We’ll it twenty-five grand.”
“Are you sure people will go for that if it’s only $25,000”
“Sure! It’s a cash value over three digits.”
“Well, I’m not-“
“It’s settled! What’s the first page story?”
“Page one? I believe that’s-“
“Doesn’t matter! Bump it to page two and run my story on the front page.”
“Alright. If you’re sure-“
“Of course I’m sure! Now, what are you waiting for? Chinese New Year? Get outta here and make sure my announcement is on tomorrow morning’s front page!” JJ shouted, ushering Robertson out of his office. He turned to head back to his desk, but stopped when he saw the mess he caused.

“Brant!” the publisher cried into his intercom to his secretary, Betty Brant. “Get someone in here to re-organize these papers. And tell ‘em that if a single page is out of order, they’re fire, goddamnit!”

TBC
Check out my DeviantArt page!
https://www.deviantart.com/empoleon666
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

A fine opener!
Amm1973es
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Amm1973es »

A good start, the truth is that I hardly know that heroine since in my country is not as popular as spider-man.
I am a man with the role of Rope top/Rigger, I have been attacked by the Tugs since I was a child. Both without sexual components, and with them within my limits.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

A nice start, look forward to more :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic