A collection of (very) short stories looking for a home (FM/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.

Which story would you prefer me to write next?

Stockholm syndrome:
32%
Treading the boards:
5%
Rag week:
42%
Marriage counseling:
21%

Total votes: 19

Deleted User 769

A collection of (very) short stories looking for a home (FM/F)

Post by Deleted User 769 »

Plans and schemes:

In a shameless attempt to elicit feedback I’ve jotted down the rough sketches of the ideas for 4 (count em’ four!) new stories all of which is all but guaranteed to feature the usual low octane, dialogue laden nonsense that I’ve been pushing for the last year (and change) to various degrees of success.
All I ask from you, loyal reader, is that you let me know which, if any, of these stories would be your preference (with a brief explanation if possible)
The idea with the most votes wins.

So, in no particular order,..

Stockholm syndrome:
Jess, a young shop assistant enrolls on a creative writing course at night school. When she the course tutor suggests that her latest short story (about a heroic young school girl detective) lacks realism she elicits her best friend to help her to ‘act out’ the climactic scene in which her heroine is tied up in an old abandoned saw mill. In the interests of realism Jess is persuaded (by her rope happy friend) to spend the night bound and gagged. Perhaps inevitably, sparks fly.

Treading the boards:
Christina has recently joined a local am dram theater group and as one of the few cast members under fifty (and with her original knees) she is corralled into accepting the role of the hapless police officer in their next production, a bedroom farce. Amanda quickly discovers that this role requires a great of dexterity, not least of which when her character has to hop around the set with her hands and feet tied. One night Christina wears her costume home in order to surprise her husband and spice up their marriage only to find herself having to thwart a robbery in real life. Oh, the hilarity!

Rag week:
Lola, a young teachers assistant on her first school placement volunteers to be ‘kidnapped’ by her class of drama students so they can hold her to ransom and thus raise money for the theater department. As per her suggestion Lola spends most of the day bound and gagged being frog marched around the school by a gaggle of students dressed in pirate costumes from their latest production (Peter Pan) carrying collection buckets. A jolly day was had by all. Lola was even interviewed for the local news.

Marriage counseling:
Alice, a young actress (most famous for once playing the part of a high-kicking secret agent in a children's adventure serial) is woken in the middle of the night by the unmistakable sounds of a burglar with two left feet. A brief scuffle ensues, during which the robber is quickly subdued and unmasked revealing himself to be a former teacher (now down on his luck) Feeling sympathetic to his plight Alice offers to give him some money to fix his car (so he can attend a job interview) providing he agrees to mend his ways, and leaves her bound and gagged for her husband to find the next morning.

Please note, none of these details are set in stone and I am happy to hear any and all suggestions
Last edited by Deleted User 769 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

Definitely “Rag Week”!!!
Check out my DeviantArt page!
https://www.deviantart.com/empoleon666
Deleted User 769

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 5 years ago Definitely “Rag Week”!!!
I always fancied being a school teacher one day ;)
Any suggestions as to how I should be taken prisoner?
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Definitely gagged so that u can’t try to get ur lesson plan out while being held captive. ;)
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

I'm going for the Stockholm Syndrome. Nothing like a good love story with ropes and gags.

But here's the thing: It'll be a great read whichever plot is chosen.
Deleted User 769

MaxRoper wrote: 5 years ago I'm going for the Stockholm Syndrome. Nothing like a good love story with ropes and gags.

But here's the thing: It'll be a great read whichever plot is chosen.
Aww, shucks! Thank you so much.
I'm blushing the colour of my red bandana ;)
I shall do my best not to disapoint.
Deleted User 769

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 5 years ago Definitely gagged so that u can’t try to get ur lesson plan out while being held captive. ;)
Ha, ha! Hmm, well it might be fun trying to recite Shakespeare with a bandana tied between my teeth ;)
lasse672000
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by lasse672000 »

Rag week!!!
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Stiletto Amore wrote: 5 years ago
TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 5 years ago Definitely gagged so that u can’t try to get ur lesson plan out while being held captive. ;)
Ha, ha! Hmm, well it might be fun trying to recite Shakespeare with a bandana tied between my teeth ;)
That would be pretty dang funny. Maybe it’ll help your students (particularly the males) remember his work!
Deleted User 769

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 5 years ago
That would be pretty dang funny. Maybe it’ll help your students (particularly the males) remember his work!
"Hmf thnf h dhggmr whngh Hm fmm bmfhrm mm, thm hhndlm thwhrd mn hhnd?"
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

“Hmm...I see. Ms. Amore, can you repeat that last line? I couldn’t really understand what Shakespeare was trying to communicate there?”
Deleted User 769

“Hmm...I see. Ms. Amore, can you repeat that last line? I couldn’t really understand what Shakespeare was trying to communicate there?”
Ha, ha! Sadly, being of a theatrical bent myself, superstition prevents me from repeating the name of the Scottish play out loud (hence the gag)
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Very clever! Self restraint!
Deleted User 769

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 5 years ago Very clever! Self restraint!
Right?! I like to think that's very much my calling card :D
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Self restraint...sometimes w/help...
Deleted User 769

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 5 years ago Self restraint...sometimes w/help...
Hehe! Union rules. I’d hate to see any of these villains unemployed,.. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic