Love Of Family M/M (Chapters 11-15)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Ticklishguy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Love Of Family M/M (Chapters 11-15)

Post by Ticklishguy »

11. Where's Levie

The Hospital

The light brown-haired man, dressed in nurse's scrubs, paced back and forth outside the hospital room door. In his mind, he knew this was a bad idea, but he told himself there was no other way. The brunet didn't mean any harm to the young man he shot the previous evening, but until he was far enough away to start a new life where they don't have an extradition treaty with the U.S., he had to make sure the witness didn't testify against him. He planned to leave the redhead somewhere in a remote location, then call and let someone know where he was once the plane touched down on foreign soil.

Rhett Anders slowly walked into the room and saw the blonde guy from the parking lot. Even though he'd seen Rhett shoot Levie, he wasn't the one the clerk was concerned with because he didn't shoot him. He reached into the scrubs he'd stolen and pulled out his revolver.

Brandon was on the phone with Greg and had just ended the call. He sat in the chair, held Levie's hand, and closed his eyes.

Rhett raised the gun above his head and brought it crashing down on the back of the blonde man's head. He quickly dragged the limp body into the bathroom and shut the door. The brunet had to act fast because the redhead started coming around. He used the butt of his revolver and knocked the young man back into unconsciousness.

Rhett wheeled the bed into the room that was sitting outside the door. He rolled the redhead onto it and wheeled Levie out of his room. They got in the elevator, and Rhett pressed morgue. From there, he wheeled Levie's unmoving body out the bay doors. He left the bed outside, hefted the redhead over his shoulder, and carried him to the van he'd stashed in the alley. Rhett closed the doors, jumped into the driver's seat, and drove off.

Linda and Tom arrived at the hospital and walked up to Levie's room. When they walked inside and saw no one there, the first thought was the guys were getting more tests run on them. Tom walked over to the bathroom and knocked. When he didn't get a response, Tom opened the door and saw Brandon's body on the floor. He ran over to his fallen son, checked for a pulse, and called out to his wife, asking her to get a doctor. Linda jumped into action and did as requested. Then, she was right beside her son's limp body cradling him in her arms.

Stuart ran into the room. He looked around and saw the couple cradling his patient. "Folks, I"m Dr. Stuart Blankenship. I'm assuming you're Brandon's parents."

"Doctor Blankenship, we are Brandon's parents. I'm Tom, and this is my wife, Linda. We just arrived and didn't see anyone. Linda and I just figured Levie and Bran were taken for more tests. I opened the bathroom door and found my son lying there. I've checked for a pulse, and we haven't moved him."

"Tom, can you please help me get my patient onto the bed?"

Tom nodded and assisted Stuart in getting Brandon onto the bed. Linda looked at her son and wiped her eyes.

It was then that something Tom said hit Stuart. "Where's Levie? He shouldn't have been taken for any tests after his fainting spell earlier." The doctor's eyes closed, and he shook his head. Stuart was trying not to lose it.

Linda picked up on the man's distress. "I've got to say, you've got an amazing bedside manner, Doctor Blankenship. I've never seen anyone more caring."

"Please, call me Stu or Stuart, and I appreciate the compliment. However, it's more than just a bedside manner." Stuart paused and wiped his tears. "I was one of Mark and Stacy Stillman's best friends. I delivered Jayce, Troy, and Levie. They're my honorary nephews, and Levie's added Brandon and Greg to my list of nephews." His comment brought smiles to Linda and Tom's faces.
Stuart excused himself and headed to the nearest phone at the nurse's station. The doctor called the security guard's station and had them go over footage from the cameras around Levie's room and gave them the time frame. It took a few minutes for Stuart to get a response, and what he heard made the seasoned professional almost lose his balance.

Linda and Tom looked up from their places by Brandon's side when they saw Stuart, holding onto the wall as he walked back into the room. In an instant, Tom was up and had his arm around the doctor, supporting him.

"Stu, what did you learn?" Linda hesitantly asked as she clasped her hands around Brandon's.

"Lev's..Lev's been kidnapped." Stuart had to pause. His tears streamed down his cheeks, and he fought hard to hold back his sobs.

Tom and Linda gasped and started saying a silent prayer for his safety.

"Mmm! Wh...what happened?" Brandon's soft raspy question made the three individuals turn and look at the blonde young man. "Ow! Why does my head hurt? And...why am I in this bed?" Brandon sat up and grimaced from the pain of moving too quickly.

"Son, you were hit in the head," Tom said gently. "Do you remember anything?"

"Someone hit me?" Brandon asked as he gingerly rubbed the back of his head. "Umm, the last thing I remember was sitting in the chair and holding Lev's hand. I just... Wait! Lev, where's Lev?" He asked and started trying to get to his feet.

"Calm down, Bran. You've just woken up after being unconscious. Please, son, lay back and rest." Linda sat beside her son, kissing his forehead.

"The police are on their way. I'm sure they're gonna want your statement, Bran." Stuart walked over and hugged the teary-eyed young man.

"Police, statement?" Brandon asked in confusion. Fear started consuming the twenty-year-old. "Uncle Stu, what's going on?"

"Brandon, someone came in here. He knocked you out and kidnapped Lev." Stuart couldn't hold his painful tears back any longer. He lowered his face and let his tears fall.

"Please, tell me this is not real, and I'm still asleep." Brandon's voice quivered, and his lip trembled as he got up and pulled the other three people into a group hug. "M...My brother's missing. I failed to protect him again."

Tom placed both hands on his son's shoulders. "You listen to me, Brandon. You couldn't have prevented this, even if you knew what was happening. The man hit you from behind and dragged you into the bathroom. Then, he rolled Levie out of the hospital on a gurney." Tom wrapped his arms around his son and kissed his forehead. "Lev's gonna be okay. We've got to believe that. We'll find our lost son and brother."

Stuart gasped. "Has anyone thought about contacting Troy and Jayce?"

"Contact Troy and me about what, Uncle Stu?"

Jaycen's sudden appearance made everyone in the room jump. Linda, Tom, Brandon, and Stuart looked at the newcomer, unable to speak. Jaycen stood in the doorway, gazing at the somber expressions on everyone's faces. Then his eyes glued to the empty bed. His hand flew to his mouth, and tears fell down his cheeks. "Oh, no. Please, tell me it's not..."

"Hey, why's everyone looking so serious and concerned?" Greg asked as he slid past Jaycen. He looked around the room and, like Jaycen, gazed at the gathered body's expressions. "Umm, where's Lev?"

Brandon's tears streamed down his cheeks. The blonde broke away from the other three and launched himself into Greg's arms. "Bro, I don't know how to tell you this." He laid his head on his brother's chest and sobbed.

Jaycen walked over, took hold of the blonde man's arm, pulled him over to the bed, sat down, and guided Brandon onto his lap. Tears fell from his light blue eyes as he hugged the younger man. "Take your time, Bran. Tell us what happened." The redhead wiped his eyes as he desperately wished his husband were with him to lean on for strength.

"Jayce, Greg, what Bran's trying to tell you is...Lev's been kidnapped." Stuart wrapped them in a hug and softly kissed each guy's forehead.

"Kidnapped?" Greg closed his eyes. "Who would ever want to kidnap Lev?" Tears fell from the brunet's eyes, and he sobbed.

Jaycen couldn't cry. He couldn't feel. The redhead kissed Brandon's cheek, got up, walked into the bathroom, closed the door, and started throwing up his breakfast. Vomit and tears stained his face as he sat on his knees over the toilet, afraid to move. He closed his eyes and asked the Goddess to watch over his precious son. Also, to bring his husband to him.

"I'm worried about him, Stuart," Linda said as she stared at the closed door.

"Me too, Linda. I've never seen Jaycen Stillman look so weakened and helpless. Troy and Lev are that man's kryptonite.

"What's that about Lev and me being Jayce's kryptonite?" Troy walked into the room. He immediately stopped and looked at the unknown faces.

"Troypop, I'm Brandon." Brandon wiped his eyes as he walked over and embraced the brunet.

"Ahh, so you're my new Brokid." Troy softly smiled and kissed Brandon's head as he returned the embrace.

"I like that, Brokid." Greg smiled for the first time since getting to the hospital. He went over and embraced the older man and kissed his cheek. "Please, Troypop, Jaycepop needs you more than ever" Greg broke down and cried on Troy's shoulder.

"It's okay, baby bro. Let the feelings out." Troy looked around the room as he comforted Greg. "I have a strange feeling that I'm not gonna be okay with what I'm about to hear."

"Troy, I'm Tom, and this is my wife, Linda." Tom approached the brunet and shook his hand. He gasped when he was pulled into a hug.

Troy looked at the one lady in the room and smiled as he opened his arms for a hug. "I remember you. I'm very sorry for how Levie spoke to you yesterday. I promise, Jayce and I never once badmouthed you. Your views about us weren't to our liking. However, you were thorough, professional, and treated us like human beings."

"Troy, you've got nothing to be sorry for. It's me who needs to be apologizing." Linda embraced Troy.

"It's all in the past, and we're family." Troy looked at Stuart. "Uncle Stu, what's going on?"

"You might want to sit down first." Stuart walked over for his hug and kiss.

"Our boy's been kidnapped."

Jaycen stumbled out of the bathroom and headed straight for his husband's open arms. Together, the men comforted each other as they soaked up as much love from the room as possible in this trying time.

"Jaycen Blake Stillman. I want you to open your eyes and listen to me."

The redhead nodded and did as he was told.

"You need to get it together and be strong. Not just for yourself, but for everyone in this room and Lev." Tears welled in Troy's eyes as he tenderly placed his hands on Jaycen's face. "You and I raised that boy to survive and be tough. He's gonna come back to us."

"I know, my love. I'm just scared as fuck right now." Jaycen stared into Troy's quivering eyes. "Despite your vibrato, I know you're scared too."

"Of course, I am. Our son's been kidnapped, and our family is hurting. I just hope the cops find him and whoever's taken him before we do." The dam finally broke in Troy as tears flowed from his eyes. The brunet wrapped his arms around Jaycen.

"I love you, Troy. As always, you're my strength."

"Love ya too, ya big lug. Now, let's focus on finding our kid."
Ticklishguy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ticklishguy »

12. The Heart Of Levie

Levie & Rhett

The constant movement stirred the redhead. He slowly sat up and managed to keep from moaning or alerting the driver of the strange van to his awakening. Levie cautiously looked around and noticed the direction they were going. He knew they'd be passing the ranch if they continued in this direction. Looking down, he saw the man's gun and cell phone. The redhead pocketed them and made an escape plan.

Many thoughts ran through Rhett's head. The most prominent being how the hell he could be so stupid. Now to make things worse, he was a kidnapper. The brunet's eyes teared up as the possible consequences of his actions finally hit him. Rhett continued cursing himself for his idiocy. "Fuck! and on top of everything else, I'm almost out of gas. Just great, Rhett. What the fuck else are ya gonna fuckin' screw up in your life? I wish I'd never been born. Maybe I'll be killed during all this, then everyone else would be spared my wasting their space." Rhett pulled into the first gas station he saw. After making sure his wallet was in his pocket, Rhett got out of the vehicle, walked inside to use the bathroom, and get gas.

Levie came to a quick decision and giggled to himself. He got out, walked behind the van, and waited. The redhead resigned himself to trying to help this guy, and if he was a hopeless case, at least he could now protect himself and get home.

The Hospital

With the entire blended family assembled, the hospital room was much too crowded, so Stuart had everyone move to the family waiting room. Greg, Linda, Tom, Jayce, Brandon, Ev'lynn, and Lyle huddled together, physically touching a hand or embracing one another for emotional support and strength. Tears glittered in everyone's eyes as the family silently sent the same prayer to the higher power/being they believed in to carry them through the family's storm.

"Troy, Jayce, may I ask you guys something?" Linda softly asked.

"Of course, you can, Linda." The couple moved and sat beside the Wilmont matriarch.

"Greg started to tell me how you guys raised Levie. I had no idea you two did that. I was just curious about it."

Linda's question brought everyone's attention to the trio. Greg and Brandon looked at each other they smiled and chose a Bropop's lap to sit on. Brandon sat on Troy's lap and Greg on Jaycen's. The brothers giggled and laid their heads on the older men's shoulders. The innocence of the young men's actions made everyone chuckle. Jaycen smiled and hugged Greg as Troy hugged Brandon.

Jaycen wiped his eyes and started the story. "Mom and Dad were sick and older parents. They couldn't handle the midnight feedings, so we helped them out." He paused and gazed lovingly into Troy's soft eyes. "The two of us fell in love with Lev before he was born."

"We used walkie-talkies to communicate and alternate the feedings." Troy continued. He reached over and took hold of Jaycen's hand. "I still remember waiting in the maternity ward for Lev's arrival." He said and leaned over, kissing Jaycen. "Do you remember what I said to you when our boy was born, babe?"

Jaycen nodded. Greg and Brandon sensed the couple's need to touch and moved off the men's laps. The couple smiled at the brothers, and Troy moved over, taking Greg's place. Greg giggled and sat beside Jaycen, with Brandon sitting on him.

"You stood beside me, held my hand, and laid your head on my shoulder." Jaycen paused to collect himself. "You told me, "Jaycen Blake Stillman, I've met the two people I don't ever want to be separated from." Jaycen wiped his eyes and kissed Troy's forehead.

"I remember the fear in your eyes." The brunet said after he'd returned the kiss.

"I was afraid you'd met someone that wasn't me." Jaycen blushed.

"You looked into my eyes and asked me. "Who..who'd you meet?" Troy smiled.

Jaycen chuckled and continued. "You said. "You, Jaycen Blake Stillman, I met you and that beautiful baby in the nursery."

Linda gasped. "The two of you had feelings for one another and Levie that deep, at ten years old?"

"Yeah, we did." The couple responded in unison and then giggled.

"Linda, from the time Lev was born, Troy and I felt drawn to his spirit," Jaycen said, clasping her hand.

Troy continued. "He chose us, I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's true."

Linda, Tom, Ev'lynn, and Lyle giggled.

"What's so funny?" Greg asked as he looked at Brandon, and the two shrugged their shoulders.

"It's funny and amazing to see the chemistry and extremely rare bond between these two," Tom said, pointing at Jaycen and Troy.

"Rare bond?" The subjects of Tom's statement asked in unison.

"Tom's referring to how you guys can continue a story exactly where it was left off and how you can answer and question things in unison," Ev'lynn stated.

"Oh!"

Jaycen's and Troy's unified answer caused everyone to start chuckling and shaking their heads.

"Guys, I came as soon as I could." Sherrif Jackson came rushing into the room.

"Jacks, do we know who the guy is and why he kidnapped Lev?" Lyle asked as he held his wife's hand and kissed her cheek.

"Not yet, the guys are circulating the photo we have, but it's sketchy at best." Jackson paused and looked at Brandon. "I was hoping you could take a look at the picture and see if you could possibly id the perp."

Brandon gulped and slowly nodded. "I didn't even know anyone was behind me, but I'll do my best." The blonde broke down again. He still kicked himself for letting his brother get kidnapped.

Greg stood behind Brandon. He wrapped his arms around the blonde and kissed his cheek. "Brando, you've got five seconds to stop beating yourself up." He smirked when he saw Troy and Jayce approaching.

Brandon sighed. "I'll try, but..." He couldn't finish the sentence because he was now getting tickled by his red-haired and brown-haired brothers while being held in place by his raven-haired brother.

"Hey, soooo not fair." Brandon squealed and cackled as he wriggled and tried breaking free from his brother's grip.

"Just stop kicking yourself for something you couldn't stop or change, Brokid." Jaycen chuckled and kissed his husband. He and Troy continued their playful tickle assault on the helpless blonde's sides and ribs.

Brandon squirmed and stomped his feet against the floor while struggling and trying to jerk side to side. "Okay, you guys win. I'll stop beating myself up." He hollered and continued giggling as he was wrapped in a three-way brother's hug. "You three are sooo gonna get it when my brother comes home." Brandon squirmed and squeaked as Jaycen put him in a chokehold and noogied him.

"Lev's just as ticklish as you are, Bran." Jaycen chuckled and hugged the younger blonde.

Brandon sighed and wiped his tears as he let himself get lost in the older man's embrace. "I love the feel of your heartbeat, Jaycepop. It makes me feel safe and secure, just like Greg's and Dad's do."

Brandon's statement made Jayce, Troy, Greg, and Tom smile and beam with pride and love for their loved ones.

Looking over to Jackson, Brandon nodded his head. "I'm ready to look at the photo, Sherrif." He gasped when he saw the picture. "Th...That's the cashier from last night."

Levie & Rhett

Rhett walked back out of the store and started pumping the gas.

Levie quietly snuck up behind the brunet and stuck his index finger into the young man's ribs. "Reach for the sky, punk. No sudden moves." He said with a husky voice. He doubled over giggling when Rhett let out a high-pitched scream and jumped with his hands up. "Holy shit, I can't believe that worked. I've always wanted to say that." Levie said once his giggles subsided.

Rhett's breathing returned to normal. He turned to face his jovial attacker and gasped as he jumped again. "Holy fuckin' shit. How'd you get out of the van? When did you wake up?" He started reaching for his gun.

"Umm, ya looking for this, Rhett?" Levie asked as he produced the revolver.

"H...how'd you get that without my knowing?" Rhett asked in total confusion. "And, how'd you know my name?"

Levie started giggling again and made a show of emptying the gun. "If you're gonna continue with a life of crime, you should invest in a better gun, dude. This model sucks, it's known for the way its trigger sticks, and the ammunition chamber has a manufacturer's flaw, so the bullets don't really fit well. The chamber's just a bit too big. No offense, but this gun is just a pathetic joke." He paused and smirked. "I'm actually surprised you didn't shoot your eye out with this thing. Not that it's got that much power anyway." Levie threw the bullets in his pocket along with the empty gun.

Rhett sighed as he put his hands behind his back. "So, you've got me, now what are ya gonna do?" The brunet blushed as his tears started falling. He gasped and cried harder when he was on the receiving end of a signature Levie hug.

"Well, that's up to you, Rhett. What happens depends on if you want to turn your life around." Levie opened the van's passenger side door, then returned to the driver's side. "The first decision is probably the hardest. It's us, trusting one another." He paused and stood at the van's door.

Rhett took a deep breath and stared off into space. He closed his eyes and replayed every one of his bad decisions in life thus far, then compared his gut feeling to this one. Immediately, Rhett noticed a difference. With this situation, he didn't have a bad vibe to ignore. The brunet opened his eyes and, for the first time that day, or in a long time for that matter, genuinely smiled. He approached the redhead, pulled the slightly shorter redhead into an embrace, and cried on his shoulder.

Levie smiled, raised his eyes, and thanked the Goddess for using him and this situation to help turn this guy's life around. "Shh! It's okay, Rhett. Let the tears fall and your pent-up emotions out." He paused. "My Bropop's always saying that." Levie giggled when Rhett raised his head and looked at him quizzically.

"Umm, what's a bropop?"

"It's not a what, it's a who, and bropop is the nickname I gave my older brother and his husband because they're also my Dads. They basically raised me since I was born. Jaycepop and Troypop were ten at the time."

"That's a kickass name, and they sound like amazing people." Rhett's tears started falling again.

"C'mon, get in." Levie smiled and kissed Rhett's forehead.

"Where are you taking me?" The brunet asked as he climbed in and buckled his seatbelt.

"The ranch the Bropops and I own is just down the road, about two minutes away."

Levie buckled his seatbelt, started the vehicle, shifted it into drive, and drove toward the ranch. Rhett gasped when he saw the sprawling acreage and the horses.

"Holy shit! you guys truly own this place?"

Levie couldn't stop giggling. "Yes, we do." The redhead parked beside Troy's Sonata and shut the van down. He turned and faced the would-be kidnapper. "Look, from this point forward, you never kidnapped me. We took a road trip." He giggled when Rhett's mouth fell open in shock.

"I just realized I don't even know your name," Rhett informed his driving mate when he could speak again.

That was all he could take. Levie doubled over, leaning on the steering wheel, lost in hysterical laughter. "Wait!" He had to stop cause he was laughing so hard. "You kidnapped me, and you didn't know my name?"

Rhett blushed, and he even started to giggle. "Umm, all I knew was I shot you last night while chasing after the robber. I freaked out and couldn't go to jail. I was afraid of you testifying at my trial and that I'd be in prison for not meaning to shoot someone.

"Well, that explains a lot." Levie got out of the van. "Come with me, Rhett. We're gonna make sure you don't go to jail and that you start your new life part of the Stillman Ranch family."
Ticklishguy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ticklishguy »

13. The Family Grows

The Family

It took a while for everyone to get on the same page once everyone got to the ranch after Troy fielded the call from Levie, informing them he was fine and at the house. After hearing everything from how he got there to the decision to make Rhett a member of the ranch family, no one had a dry eye from all the laughter.

"You know, he gets that from you, right, Jay?" Troy smirked.

"Oh, sure, the kid gets kidnapped, then kidnaps the kidnapper, and suddenly, he's my kid, but when he's all sweet and innocent, he's your kid." Jaycen shook his head.

"See, was that so hard to admit?" Troy asked as he cracked up laughing.

"Just wait, Troy, you're soooo dead." Jaycen snickered as he leaned over and kissed his husband. "I love you."

"I love you too, my big soft teddy bear." Troy squealed and giggled as he was lifted over his husband's shoulder, tickled, and smacked on the ass before being set back down.

Jaycen and Troy walked over and wrapped their arms around Levie. The three young men cried on each other's shoulders as they filled one another with as much love as possible.

"Levie Michael! Only you could ever pull something like this off." Troy said as he gazed into his boy's eyes.

"Yeah, we're glad you're safe, but next time, can ya please, just get away?" Jaycen kissed Levie's forehead.

"At first, I was scared and sad cause I didn't know if I'd ever see my family again. Then, after hearing Rhett talking to himself and saying he wished he were dead well, I couldn't just leave him." Levie wiped his tears and kissed his Dad's cheeks.

"I think we taught you to be too loving." Troy snickered and ruffled Levie's hair.

"I'll let that slide, Troypop." The redhead grinned. "I'm glad you weren't hurt too badly." Levie cuddled closer to the brunet. "I don't know what I'd do without you." He paused. "You're my Mom/Dad/Brother rolled into one being."

Jaycen smiled and kissed his guys. "See, I told ya, babe."

Troy soaked up all the love and affection he received as the tears fell down his cheeks. "C'mon, guys, the rest of the family wants some time with Lev, and I know there's a certain horse out in the stables who's been going crazy."

Levie spent the rest of the day relaxing and showing off the livestock. He saved three horses for last. The redhead opened up the three stalls. "Greg."

Greg walked up beside his mate. He gasped when he saw the Blue Valentine Stallion.

"Tri, I want you to meet your Papa Greg." Levie kissed the proud horse's nose. "Go on, give him some love."

Greg smiled and giggled as Triton nodded his head, then walked over and hugged him. "Hey, boy. You're too cute." Greg hugged Triton and kissed him.

Levie giggled and looked at his blonde brother. "Brandon."

Brandon walked up and smiled.

"Tri, this is your Uncle Brandon."

Just like with Greg, Triton gave Brandon a hug.

"There's no doubt this is your horse, Lev. He's just as cute and loving as you." Brandon chuckled and kissed Triton's cheek.

"He's not just my horse anymore." Levie paused. "Are ya boy?"

Triton softly whinnied and shook his head no.

"Who's horse are ya?" The redhead asked.

Triton snorted and hugged Levie. Then he hugged Brandon and Greg. When he saw Jaycen and Troy watching from the entrance, he trotted over and hugged his Pap-Paws.

"We love ya too, baby boy." Jaycen and Troy hugged the adorable horse.

"Did that horse just hug you two?" Linda asked in disbelief as she and Tom entered the stables.

Everyone nodded and burst out laughing. Lev walked Triton over to the couple. "Tri, this is your Mam-Maw Linda and Pap-Paw Tom." Levie stepped back as Triton gave the astonished couple a hug.

"So, what does his giving us a hug mean?" Linda asked while stroking Triton's mane.

"It means that he considers you one of his parents... well, grandparents, just like he does Troy and Jayce, and that he'll let you ride him, even if I'm not around." Levie proudly stated.

Linda shook her head and looked at the Stillman men. "Even your livestock are loving and affectionate. I've never seen anything like it." She chuckled.

"Triton's one of the exceptions," Troy said, wiping his tears as he hugged his husband.

"Tri's the one Lev saved from being killed just after his birth, so they're bonded for life." Jaycen wrapped his arms around the emotional brunet.

Levie went to the other two stalls. He walked a brilliant reddish-brown Chestnut stallion towards Brandon. "Dusty, this is your Papa Brandon."

The horse whinnied and hugged Brandon.

The redhead retrieved a stunning golden Chesnut stallion. "Dawn's Light, this is your Papa Greg."

Greg was speechless when he was hugged by the gorgeous majestic steed.

Rhett stood back and watched the beauty of this loving family and wished he'd had that growing up.

"Rhett? I... I don't believe it. Is that really you?"

The young man turned around when he saw the man calling him the tears fell from his eyes. "Uncle Bill?" Rhett cried.

The brunet ran towards the older man. They wrapped their arms around one another. Rhett giggled and squealed as he was lifted off the ground and twirled in a circle. Bill set his nephew back on his feet and pulled him into a loving embrace as he kissed his forehead.

"Your Aunt and I have missed you, kid," Bill said.

"I've missed you guys too. Mom and Dad didn't keep me. I've been shuffled through foster homes, and no one wanted to keep me." Rhett broke down and sobbed on his Uncle's shoulder.

"I'm gonna kill my brother and sister-in-law if I ever lay eyes on them again. We told them to turn custody over to us if they didn't want you." Bill embraced and comforted the emotional young man in his arms.

The Stillmans and Wilmonts watched the touching scene and embraced each other. The pride Jaycen and Troy felt for Levie's amazingly loving spirit shone in their eyes, brighter than the late morning sun.

"Bill, you've got the next week off with pay," Jaycen said as he placed his hand on the older man's shoulder.

"Jayce, are you crazy? I can't do that. Not to mention, my nephew needs training."

"We didn't say you couldn't be here. We just said you're off duty, with pay. You can still train Rhett. It'll be considered bonding time that you both get paid for. Besides, you and Sarah need to reconnect with your long-lost nephew." Troy stated as he kissed his husband and Levie.

"You guys are the most amazing and big-hearted family I've ever known." Bill paused and wiped his eyes as he hugged Rhett. "Boys, your folks are looking down with immense pride."

"Lev, I can't..." Rhett started to say but stopped short when the smiling redhead giggled and wrapped him up in his signature Levie bear hug.

"You're family, Rhett. We take care of our family and friends." Levie paused and kissed the brunet's cheek. "I'm just thankful you've got an Uncle and Aunt who've wanted you." Levie smiled. "Go on, enjoy your reconnection with Uncle Bill and Aunt Sarah."

Rhett giggled. "Sir! Yes, Sir! Levie, Sir."

"Hey, ya little runt, I gave you and Bill the time off. I've got seniority over the Brokid." Jaycen protested. His statement and the accompanying pout had everyone laughing their asses off.

"Sorry, Jayce. I've already seen enough to know this red-haired boy can probably kick everyone's ass on this ranch. Then make them feel sorry for him with his giggles and hugs," Rhett said. The brunet squealed and jumped behind Bill when Jaycen playfully growled at him.

Over the next month, Levie continued getting his strength and energy back as he healed. The redhead was slowly working back up to his usual duties around the ranch. He worked with Jayce and Troy, teaching Brandon, Greg, and Rhett gun safety and ownership. Linda and Tom decided to refresh themselves and sat in on sessions when they weren't involved with their new project.

Brandon decided to work on the ranch full time and trained alongside Rhett. Everyone was proud of the ranch family's newest members. Working together wasn't the only relationship Brandon and Rhett shared. A couple of weeks after meeting one another, the pair announced they were officially boyfriends.

Greg was gaining more respect at the bank. Lyle noticed how sharp his brunet grandson was and decided to test his skills with investing. The older man took Greg aside, taught him the basic parameters to work between, and gave him some imaginary funds to invest, then let him go at it. Greg found the new task enjoyable and challenging as he navigated the market and learned what to look for in a successful investment. He was eager and asked questions when needed. After a month, Lyle was more than happy with his choice of a protege. He set Greg up with the classes he'd need to obtain his license and made sure he was available when Greg had concerns and things to ask.

An interesting development occurred a couple of weeks after the Thanksgiving Day parade. Greg and Levie were hanging around the apartment. The couple was packing up Greg's things in preparation for the move to Oakridge. Over the holiday, Greg, Levie, Brandon, and Rhett had a "Brohuddle," as Levie called it. They decided to live together at Oakridge, and Levie had their names added to the deed.

Greg was nervous. The brunet kept looking over at Levie, and he continuously fingered the ring box in his pocket. Tonight was the couple's six-month anniversary. Finally, he took a deep breath and worked up his nerve. The brunet walked over to his mate. He gently took hold of the redhead's hand and led him over to the sofa. Greg sat and motioned for Levie to sit beside him. "Lev, I..." He paused and gulped. "I've never done anything like this, and I'm nervous as fuck."

Levie gazed into his soulmate's eyes. Instantly, he realized what was about to happen and was of two mindsets. One part wanted to let Greg know what he suspected, and the other part wanted to let his mate work through his nerves and do what he started. "Take your time, Greg. I"m not going anywhere." He said and kissed the brunet's lips.

Greg closed his eyes and shut his mind down, letting his heart lead his actions and speech. "Six months ago, I met the most unique and beautiful red-haired angel. Since that day, this ethereal being somehow became more exquisite and breathtaking." Greg paused and let his tears fall. "This angelic lifeform is outwardly gorgeous, but his inner beauty is so awe-inspiring that it's impossible to describe." Greg had to breathe and calm himself as he pulled the square box from his pocket.

Levie sat, breathless, his tears trailing down his cheeks as he listened to Greg's words and felt his innermost feelings.

Greg got on one knee and held the box out toward his mate. "Levie Michael Stillman. Would you please, give me the honor and pleasure of being my husband and soulmate?"

Levie gasped at the ring in the green plush velvet box. His eyes widened as he picked up the tri-colored band of white, pink, and light yellow gold woven together in a Celtic knot. The redhead knew the ring looked familiar. However, Levie couldn't place where he'd seen it. Finally, he looked into Greg's quivering tear-filled eyes. "Greg, I couldn't imagine a better match for my husband than you."

Greg whooped and hollered as he jumped up and down like an excited little boy. "I promise, sweet boy, I'll make you the happiest man alive."

Levie giggled and jumped into Greg's arms. "You've already done that."

The pair shared a passionate kiss and loving embrace, then Greg giggled as he slipped the ring on Levie's finger.

"What's so funny, babe?" Levie asked as he started giggling just because of Greg's giggles.

"I can see the wheels turning in your head. You're going crazy trying to figure out where you've seen this ring." Greg broke down in hysterical laughter.

"I'm literally going out of my mind. It's so familiar, and I know I'm gonna kick myself for it when I find out where I'd seen it." Levie flopped down on the couch.

"Do you want me to tell you, or do you want to figure it out, loverboy?" Greg asked as he wrapped his arms around Levie, lightly tickling the redhead's sides.

Levie jumped and squealed as his giggles filled the living area. He finally nodded his head yes, just before he buried his face in Greg's muscular chest.

"It was your Mom's. I asked the Bropops to help me find a way to recreate your parent's wedding rings. I knew that was gonna be the most meaningful and sentimental to you." Greg smiled and kissed Levie's head.

Levie sat up and gasped. "You had them recreated? How'd you get the weathered look?"

Greg giggled. "Umm, they're not recreations, baby boy. I've got Mark's ring, and you've got Stacy's. Jaycepop and Troypop had them in the safe since your parent's death." He paused and wiped his tears. "They knew you'd get married, and the Bropops wanted you to have the originals. Jayce and Troy had replicas made for your parents when they were buried.

Levie was speechless. He couldn't fathom how much forethought that required. The redhead got up, kissed his fiancee, and picked up his phone.

"Well, hey, Brokid." Jaycen giggled.

"Jaycepop, you and Troypop are the most amazing brothers and parents I could ever have." Levie started breaking up as his emotions got the better of him.

"Refresh me, kid. What's this about?" Troy asked.

Greg walked over and placed the phone on speaker. So he could speak for his emotional future husband. "I proposed, and he accepted." Greg paused as he heard Jaycen and Troy yelling their congratulations. "I also told him where the rings came from cause it was driving him crazy. Now, I've got one speechless and happily sobbing fiancee to take care of." The brunet giggled.

"I... I can't believe you two thought that far in advance." Levie managed to say. "Dads, I don't have the…"

"You don't have to say anything, baby boy. We love you, always have, and always will." Troy said.

"Mom and Dad would've wanted you to have them, Lev," Jaycen added.

The four men talked a few minutes more, then ended the call. Greg and Levie took a few minutes to compose themselves and began making calls to the family. Four hours later, the couple was talked out. The guys got themselves together. They were about to go to dinner when the doorbell rang.

"Who is it?" Greg asked.

"My name is Thelonias Godfrey. I'm looking for a Gregory A. Wilmont."

Greg looked to Levie and shrugged his shoulders as he opened the door. The young men stood side by side, assessing the grey-haired suit-wearing gentleman. Greg stood aside and motioned for the visitor to come inside. "I'm Greg Wilmont. This is my fiancee, Levie Stillman."

"Please, sit down, Mr. Godfrey. May we get you something to drink?" Levie said as he gathered the papers resting on the chair cushion.

"Thank you, but I'm fine. If previous visits are any indication, I don't imagine I'll be here long."

Levie and Greg sat on the sofa, holding hands, and waited for their guest to continue.

Thelonias opened his briefcase and retrieved some papers. "Gregory, I was told you have not had contact with your birth family since age fourteen. Is that correct?"

"That's correct, sir. Please, call me Greg."

"Very well, Greg." Thelonias shuffled some of the papers. "Greg, this is a sensitive matter. I don't wish to disclose anything you might not want your fiancee to be privy to…"

"Thank you for your concern, but Lev's my soulmate and has a stake in anything there is to discuss." Greg kissed his mate.

"Fine, I'll get down to business." Thelonias paused and gazed into the young men's eyes. "Greg, your birth parents have passed away. Also, your Grandparents have passed away. You are the only relative who's not slammed the door in my face after learning you were the only beneficiary in your Grandparent's Wills."

Greg's and Levie's mouths fell open.

"The estate is worth about two hundred and fifty thousand dollars." Thelonias paused and let that sink into the young men's heads.

"Umm, okay. Please continue." Greg said with Levie nodded his agreement.

"Six months ago, your mother died after giving birth to a healthy boy. As I've stated, no one wants the child. If you're unable or unwilling to take custody of and raise the boy, he'll be placed in foster care."

Levie and Greg gasped and looked at one another. "Sir, we need three days to a week to discuss this child's future." Levie calmly stated.

Thelonias smiled, verified Greg's identification, and then handed him the papers containing the information about his inheritance and set an appointment for later in the week to finalize everything. The trio shook hands, and Thelonias left them with their thoughts.

Greg stared at Levie. "I... can't even." Tears rolled down his cheeks. "Thinking about that poor baby, my defenseless brother." He paused and, with his eyes, silently asked Levie for his input.

"I think you know I've already made my decision. It does involve adoption. However, this requires a family meeting."

"I'll call everyone." Greg smiled and embraced his soulmate. "I think I know what your decision is. I'm all for it. I just hope everyone else is too."

It took close to an hour for everyone to gather at Greg's apartment, except for Linda and Tom, who were in Tennessee, tuning in via video chat. After everyone calmed down, Levie and Greg addressed the gathered family.

"Guys, Levie and I have just been given some life-changing decisions we have to make." He paused and took hold of Levie's hand. "We want you to know that your input is welcome and appreciated. However, this meeting is just a formality because Lev and I have decided what we're gonna do."

"The only thing we don't know is if you'll all be on board." Levie giggled when he saw his Bropop's and Brandon's impatient expressions.

"For God's sake, kid. We're not getting any younger here. Get on with it before I take my wooden spoon to both of your asses." Ev'lynn's thread caused everyone's boisterous laughter.

"You don't have a wooden spoon here, Mam-Maw." Levie giggled and hid behind Greg.

"Oh hell, the fuck no, baby boy. I'm not getting between you and Mam-Maw. She's scary as fuck." Greg grinned and pulled his mate in front of him.

"Greg, language," Linda said from the monitor, causing more laughter.

"Fine, here goes." Greg paused. "First of all, we were visited by a local lawyer, Thelonias Godfrey..."

"Godfrey? Was here? I manage his investments." Lyle stated.

"Yes, Pap-Paw, Thelonias was here. He said that the people who gave birth to me are dead. My Grandparents have also died." Greg held his hand up to pause the sympathy. "There's much more. The woman who gave birth to me died giving birth to a healthy baby boy, and I'm the only beneficiary of my Grandparent's Wills."

The silence was deafening.

Levie stepped up and embraced his mate. "If we don't adopt this defenseless innocent child, he'll be put into foster care."

Jaycen and Troy looked at each other and then at Levie and Greg. "What's the name you've come up with, and how can we help?"

"Jayce, Troy, are you two really just jumping in without playing devil's advocate?" Linda asked.

"Linda, no offense to you or Tom, but I know my kid. He's already got a name picked out and what horse the boy’s gonna learn to ride on." Everyone burst out laughing at Jaycen's statement, even Linda and Tom.

"Lev and Greg are gonna be freakin' kickass parents. It's in their blood and raising." Troy added.

Tom looked at his wife. "They're right, babe. I don't know of any other family like this one, and given their history, there's no other choice to make." He smiled and kissed his wife. "Besides, the boys are more financially stable than most other people their age when they become parents." He chuckled. "There's another upside to this."

"What's that, love?" Linda asked as she smiled.

"We're amazingly young Grandparents and can actually enjoy watching our first Grandchild grow up in a loving environment."

"Holy fuckin' shit. Troy, we're Pap-Paw's to a human child." Jaycen stated as he fell back on the sofa, causing everyone's outburst of laughter.

Brandon and Rhett rushed to their brothers encasing the pair in a double bear hug. "We're gonna be the best Uncles in the whole galaxy," Brandon said as he kissed Levie and Greg.

"So what's my new Great Grandchild's name, Lev." Lyle chuckled as he got his chance to embrace the couple.

Greg giggled and looked at his mate. "Yeah, I haven't even heard this."

Levie smiled and looked at everyone. "I've got a crazy idea. I came up with this when Greg proposed. I didn't want to keep Stillman, and I didn't want a hyphenate either."

Greg gasped and looked at Levie. "What are ya talking about, babe?"

Levie gazed into everyone's eyes, saving Greg's for last. "I created a new hybrid for our last name."

"What's the name, Lev?" Jaycen asked.

"Stillmont. We're gonna be Levie, Greg, and Tracey Thomas Moore Stillmont."

The four parents and grandparents gasped.

"It's the combination of Stillman and Wilmont. Then Tracey for Troy and Jayce, Thomas for Papa Tom, and Moore for Pap-Paw and Mam-Maw." Levie held his breath.

"I love it, bro." Brandon was the first to embrace Levie and Greg. He then turned to his parents on the monitor.

Linda and Tom looked at each other. "You're thinking of changing your last name?" Linda asked.

"Is that okay?" Brandon sheepishly asked.

"We think that's an awesome idea, Son." Tom held his wife's hand and smiled. "I'm honored, Levie. That you'd include my name in our Grandson's name."

"I can't believe he managed to get all the family names in." Troy was still in awe of his kid's genius at creating a name filled with family pride.

Greg picked Levie up off the ground, spinning him in a circle. Then he embraced his giggly mate. "I love the name, angel boy. It's perfect for our first son. I also love the hybrid last name. It fits this blended family.
Ticklishguy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ticklishguy »

14. Preparations

The Family

Once everyone calmed down after the news, Linda clasped her husband's hand and asked. "Lev, Greg, are you planning on adopting Tracey before you two get married?"

Levie and Greg looked at one another, then Greg responded. "Umm, yeah, about that." The pair smiled at one another, held hands, and addressed the gathered family. "We'd like to start our new life's path as Dads, being husbands." Levie paused, then continued. "So, we'd like to get everyone's help in getting us hitched on Christmas Eve."

The room was deathly silent as the family digested this new request. Lyle was the first to voice his thoughts. "Guys, that's a tall order to fill in only a month."

Levie stepped forward. "I know it is, Pap-Paw. However, we both believe it's more than doable. Between all the family elders gathered here, there are more than enough contacts in the right places to accomplish this celebration." The redhead looked at the monitor. "Mama, would you please work with us so we can pass all the inspections and interviews needed to ensure our success in adopting Tracey?"

Linda's hand flew to her heart as tears streamed down her cheeks. Never in a million years would she have thought she'd ever hear those words coming from the Stillman men after their past. "Boys, I'd be more than honored to help you two get us our first Grandchild." She and Tom shared a loving embrace as they wiped their tears. "I'll make calls first thing in the morning before I get on the road to come home."

"I love you, Mama. Thank you." Levie laid his head on Greg's shoulder.

"We need to find someone to officiate the ceremony, a place for the wedding, and the reception," Ev'lynn noted.

"Mam-Maw, that's covered, except the person marrying us." Greg offered. "The ranch is the perfect and most available place."

Jaycen smirked as he rubbed his chin with his thumb and index finger. "Hmm, I don't remember anyone asking the two senior owners if they could use the ranch in that capacity." He was going crazy, trying not to laugh and keep his straight face.

"Yeah, I don't either, not to mention, we do require at least a year in advance to make sure it's not gonna interfere with a previous booking." Troy didn't last more than a second before he was doubled over with laughter.

As soon as his husband cracked, so did Jaycen. The pair's laughter increased when Brandon stood between them, tickling their sides. Jaycen wrapped the blonde in an armlock. Troy smirked and tickled the younger guy's ribs. A few seconds later, Brandon voiced his surrender. He continued giggling as he was wrapped in a double Bropop hug. The antics had everyone cracking up.

"Don't forget, Bropops, you're no match for my most adorably cute pout and trebling lips." Levie giggled as he ran up to the two men and jumped into Jaycen's arms. "Pwwweeeeeeeaaaaasssseee, Bropops? I'll love you forever." The redhead kissed Jaycen's nose and laid his head on the older man's shoulder.

"He gets that from you, ya know." Troy giggled and jumped away from his husband's attempted swat.

"Damn it. Why are you sooo cute and irresistible?" Jaycen shook his head and sighed.

"Cause, I just am." Levie giggled and slid down to the floor, continuing to cling to Jaycen.

"We've got no freakin' defense against this kid," Troy said as he lovingly embraced Jaycen and Levie.

"Nope." Jaycen giggled. "So, I guess we'll have to let the brat have his way."

Levie giggled and pumped his fist in the air. "Oh, yeah, and the cute adorable kid wins again." The redhead squealed and jumped around as he burst out in wild laughter because Jaycen and Troy launched a unified tickle attack on his ribs from both sides.

The pair chuckled and ended their playful assault. The men wrapped their arms around Levie and kissed him on both cheeks. "We love you, Lev." Jaycen and Troy said in unison. They giggled and opened their arms when Greg appeared beside them, pouting.

Levie composed himself and stood with Troy's arms around his chest, with Greg in the same position in front of Jaycen beside them. He looked at Ev'lynn. "Mam-Maw, we can do a mixture of catering and home cooking. Between the two of us, we can have an unbelievable menu."

"We'll get together and work on it tomorrow." She said as she started listing ideas on her phone.

Finally, everyone was talked out and left for home. All except for Brandon and Rhett, who stayed behind and spent time with their brothers. The young men got comfortable and sat around in their underwear and barefoot. Rhett leaned his head back and sighed. He softly giggled when Levie's finger tickled his right foot while Brandon tickled his left one. The brunet squirmed and boyishly giggled as the brother's tickles increased. Greg chuckled and stood in front of the trio. He knelt down, leaned forward, and blew raspberries on the newest addition's stomach while kneading his fingers between Rhett's ribs. The living room filled with the sounds of male laughter and squeals as the ticklish brunet squealed that he surrendered.

"That was amazing. I love you guys, but I'm still getting revenge." Rhett giggled and cuddled into Brandon's warm body.

"We love you too and would expect nothing less from our newest Bro." Greg leaned over and kissed Rhett's head.

"So, are you guys really ready to be parents?" Brandon asked as he sipped his beer.

Levie and Greg looked into each other's eyes and smiled. "Yeah, we are. We know it's gonna be challenging, but the rewards will be epic." Levie squirmed and giggled when Greg kissed and nibbled his neck and ears, then continued. "Besides, we've got four Pap-Paws, two Mam-Maws, and two of the world's greatest Uncles to help us raise Tracey that we're wondering if we'll ever be able to even hold this kid for five seconds." Levie's statement had everyone laughing and nodding their heads in agreement. "Oh, I need one of you guys to ride with me to the bank, then to the Jeep dealership." The redhead giggled when he saw the look on Greg's and Brandon's faces.

"Babe, why do you need to go to the dealership? I thought you loved your Eagle."

"I do, but I need something safer and less open to drive our son around in."

Greg smacked his forehead. "Oh, shit, I never even thought about the safety or ease of carting a baby around." He then started thinking. Maybe I should look into getting a new vehicle."

"What are ya gonna do with the Eagle, Lev?" Brandon asked.

Levie sipped his beer and grinned. "Well, I seem to recall there was a brother of mine who kidnapped a very innocent and angelic defenseless redhead. I'd like him to have the Golden Eagle. That way, it's still in the family, and I can still drive it if he's not using it."

Rhett almost choked on his beer. "Defenseless, my ass. You kidnapped me." He paused and joined his brothers and mate in their boisterous laughter. "Lev, are you sure?"

Levie giggled and nodded. "Rhett, you need a better vehicle. It's gonna be snowing soon, and you won't be in the city anymore. You'll need something with a four-wheel drive. Besides, I'd rather my son not be riding in the kidnap mobile when he's with his deviant Uncle Rhett."

Rhett giggled and pounced on the redhead, tickling him into hysterical oblivion. Not wanting to be left out, Brandon and Greg joined in. Brandon wrapped his arm around Levie's ankles and tickled the redhead's feet. Greg chose to pin Levie's arms above his head to tickle his boy's exposed pits. Levie shrieked and howled with wild laughter as he wriggled and tried to get free. It didn't take long for him to holler out his surrender.

The next few days were crazy for the family. Everyone was scrambling to get everything in place that was required to pull the wedding and arrival of the newest family member. To say that Troy and Jaycen were excited was an understatement. The pair got together with the ranch hands and had Oakridge brought up to the current century. They got the house fitted with Smart technology and set up security cameras on the house, barn, and various areas around the property. They also baby-proofed the house and placed rubber coverings on all the sharp edges that could possibly hurt a baby or toddler.

Levie and Rhett went to the Jeep dealership after closing out the "Bropop" account Levie set up to do something special for Jaycen and Troy. After they didn't see anything, they went to a used car lot across the street. The two parked the Eagle and walked around checking out the different vehicles. They were about to leave when Rhett spotted a sparkling SUV towards the back of the lot. He pointed it out to Levie, and they headed for it.

The vehicle turned out to be a fully loaded Twenty-Twenty Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was dark green with tan leather heated and cooling seats. The SUV had a sunroof and a camera for backing up. The gas mileage was standard for the type of vehicle it was. The horsepower was decent. It had ten thousand miles and was in pristine condition. All they needed to know was the price. Levie and Rhett headed inside to find a salesperson. They were in the showroom for almost fifteen minutes and were getting impatient. Finally, a very disinterested salesman approached them.

"Hi, how may I assist you two boys?"

Levie looked the unkempt man up and down. His shirt was wrinkled, and the buttons looked like they were about to pop open. In fact, he was wondering if he and Rhett would have to duck if the guy inhaled too deeply. His pants had seen better days, and his hair was askew.

"First of all, you could be more respectful and not refer to us as boys. It's very disrespectful. You're not my Dad or family. Second, we've been standing here for almost fifteen minutes before you took your time coming up to us. I'm not used to receiving such awful service. If I treated the people who do business at the ranch that I'm part owner of, we'd never have any business."

Rhett's jaw almost hit the floor. This was not the playful brother he'd gotten used to. This Levie was all business and wasn't to be messed with.

"Why, you little snot-nosed fuckin' brat. You, sure as hell, don't look like you've got any business to do with us, and I'm not wasting my time being insulted by you." The man huffed back to his desk and returned to his paperwork.

Levie smirked as he located the number of the dealership, walked out of view of the detestable man, and called. He watched as another agent answered. Levie explained everything that had just happened and asked to see the manager. Not a second later, he saw the man who answered the phone approach him.

"Mr. Stillman, how may I help you?" The manager was dressed more professionally and was very pleasant.

"I'm interested in the Grand Cherokee you've got in the back of the lot. How much is it?"

"I believe it's Thirty-two thousand, but I'll have to check my papers on it."

The man motioned for them to follow him. He glared at the salesman as they passed and whispered something in his ear. The salesman grunted, threw his papers back on the desk, walked out, got in his car, and squealed tires as he drove off the lot.

"I'm sorry for causing trouble. I didn't mean to get the man fired." Levie hung his head.

"He was on his last chance anyhow, and it was just a matter of time before he screwed up. Now, back to the Cherokee." The manager shuffled his papers. "I was correct on the price. Let me get the keys for a test drive."

After an impressive test drive, Levie negotiated the price down to Twenty-five thousand. He paid Twenty-Thousand in cash and financed the other five thousand. Levie left the lot in the Cherokee, and Rhett drove back to the ranch in the Eagle.

"If I hear one more person ask where the wife is, I'm gonna bite their nose off." Levie fumed as he and Greg were turned down by another so-called open-minded minister.

Greg cracked up laughing and shook his head as he kissed Levie's cheek. "You knew this was gonna be difficult, babe."

Levie sighed. "I know, Greg, but it's just that I'm so used to people actually being open-minded."

The two men got into Levie's Cherokee and drove to the last place on the list for the day. Greg loved driving the SUV. They pulled up to the Nondenominational church in town and walked inside. As soon as the pair entered, they felt a peacefulness the other houses of worship didn't possess. A sharply dressed and energetic woman around Jaycen and Troy's age approached the couple. Levie and Greg noticed she walked in her six-inch stiletto heels like she was born in them. Levie couldn't shake the feeling he'd seen her somewhere before.

"Hi! I'm Maureen, the pastor here. How may I help you, gentleman?"

"Wow! you certainly give a much warmer greeting than anyone else we've encountered today." Levie smiled and gave her his signature hug, with Greg following suit. "I'm Levie Stillman, and this is my fiancee, Greg Wilmont. We know this is really last minute, but wondered if you'd be able to officiate our wedding ceremony next month on Christmas Eve."

Maureen stood back and assessed the young men, and her eyes widened as she snapped her fingers. "I'll be fuckin' damned." She paused and looked heavenward. "Oops, sorry God, I've fuckin' done it again." She shook her head. "Shit, I give up on not cussing for the day. You made me God. I know you'll forgive me."

Maureen's conversation with God and her personality had the young men doubled over and leaning on the pews with laughter.

"I don't suppose you're the same Levie Stillman that Jayce used to bring to football practice and the games, are you?"

Levie smiled. "Yeah, I am." He paused. "I kept thinking you looked familiar."

Maureen giggled. "I used to watch you at the practices and when Troy wasn't available. You were our biggest and most vocal supporter. I still remember when a linebacker tackled Jayce, and you stood up and yelled out, "if you hurt my brother again, I'm coming down there and kicking your shins."

Levie tried to shrink into the background as Greg almost hyperventilated laughing.

"That sounds like my angel boy," Greg said when he finally composed himself. "How old was Lev?"

"Five." Maureen and Greg had to hold themselves up as they laughed like hyenas.

The trio finally got down to business and planned everything for the nuptials. Levie and Greg left the church happier than when they walked in. The next day, Lyle accompanied Greg and Levie to Thelonias's office to finalize Greg's inheritance. They were pleasantly surprised to see Tracey was present in the office. The trio was captivated by the baby, and while Greg and Lyle chatted with Thelonias, Levie drove the Cherokee to the nearest Walmart and bought some supplies, including a baby seat for the car. At the end of the meeting, a happy and excited Levie and Greg left the lawyer's office with Tracey. They were also given a court date to change their and Brandon's last names and finalize the adoption. This was all thanks to Linda and Tom pulling every string they could to speed up the process.

As soon as Levie and Greg walked into the ranch house with Tracey, they were bombarded with the family pushing each other out of the way to hold the new baby boy.

Levie giggled and looked at Greg. "See, what'd I tell ya. We'll never see this kid again until he graduates from college."

Jaycen and Troy shook their heads as they kissed the soon-to-be-married couple. "Oh hush, kiddo," Jaycen said and giggled. "Of course, you'll see Tracey again. He'll eventually need to be changed." Troy cackled as Levie and Greg glared at the brunet.

A week later, the entire family sat in the courtroom, waiting for the hearing. Judge Mario Shapiro entered, and the session was called to order. He put on his glasses, read over the paperwork, and gasped. "I don't believe it. This is the first time I've ever had the honor of having the same person in my courtroom ten years or so after his first visit, and now he's adopting his child." He looked over the happy faces. "Well, I'll be, Linda Wilmont. You were the one opposed to this young man staying with his family. You're not here to oppose the adoption, are you?"

"No, your honor. I'm actually here as the proud and excited Mam-Maw." Linda smiled and kissed the baby's forehead.

Everything proceeded according to plan, and close to an hour later, the Stillmont family was established and leaving the courthouse.
Ticklishguy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ticklishguy »

15. A Rocky Week

The Ranch

Everyone gathered outside the ranch house for lunch. Ev'lynn, Linda, Troy, and Levie worked together, bringing the food to the four picnic tables that had been put together. On the other side of that sat three tables in a line for the food to sit on. For the moment, Greg was the one watching over Tracey while everyone else pitched in. Levie paused and smiled as he pulled his phone out to take the first picture of the new Dad and son bonding time. Tears fell from his eyes when Levie saw the look of love and pride shining in his soulmate's eyes as the brunet looked down and cooed at the tiny life they were now responsible for. The redhead slightly jumped when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his chest from behind and another pair around his waist.

"It's breathtaking, isn't it?" Jaycen softly asked as he kissed Troy's cheek and the top of Levie's head.

Levie let the tears fall as he pressed himself against the most loving and protective men he'd ever known, aside from his mate and brothers. He couldn't will himself to speak yet, so the redhead just nodded and sighed.

"We know exactly how you feel, baby boy." Troy smiled and laid his chin on the younger man's shoulder. "Jayce and I felt the same way about you." He had to pause and wipe his tears.

"Were you scared?" Levie finally asked as he cuddled as close as he could against the muscular bodies that provided his comforting and safe feeling.

"We didn't really think about that. We prayed to the Goddess that we didn't screw up." Troy stated.

"Yeah, we were hoping you didn't become a taxidermist or serial killer." Jaycen's comment had the three of them cracking up, laughing. "I mean, both occupations are kinda eeeewwwwww."

"I love you two more than I could ever tell you in words." Levie turned and wrapped his arms around both men's waists.

"We know, baby boy." Troy leaned his head down and kissed the emotional redhead.

"We couldn't be prouder of you and Greg than we are right now. You two worked together and decided to give this boy the best life he could ever hope for." Jaycen softly chuckled. "Just remember, Troy, and I will kick both yours and Greg's asses if you don't give that boy enough love."

Levie smirked. "Like that could ever happen." He paused. "On both parts of your statement. I can sooo kick your asses."

Jaycen growled and lifted his boy over his shoulder as Troy snickered and tickled Levie's sides and ribs. Everyone looked when the redhead's screeches and boisterous laughter pierced the air and enjoyed the playful antics.

Greg giggled and turned Tracey around so he could see his other Dad. "Pay attention, Trace. That's how you can win in a fight against your Papa.

"It works on your Daddy too, baby boy," Levie said between his giggles. As soon as he was back on the ground, the redhead was by his husband's side and had his son in his arms. "You're gonna be the most loved and protected kid in the state, Tracey." Levie's tears fell on the baby's head as he held the boy against his chest. He looked up and smiled as the family surrounded the new dads, snapping pictures.

"We're not too late, are we?" Bill asked as he, Sarah, and Stuart walked up to the gathered bunch. Bill stopped and whispered something to Jaycen and Troy, who smiled and nodded their heads.

"We didn't miss the food, did we?" Leon and Rusty asked as they joined the growing group.

"I hope not cause I'm starving," Maureen added as she followed behind the sheriff and deputy.

"Just in time. Not that we're not glad to see you, but who got you over here, Reenie?" Jaycen asked as he and Troy walked over to hug the new arrivals.

"Didn't Lev tell ya? I'm performing the wedding." Maureen giggled. The pastor held her hand up and gasped when she heard the blending of two voices. She looked toward the sound and saw Levie and Ev'lynn singing The Last Unicorn to Tracey as Greg recorded it. "I had no idea he could sing like that."

"He's definitely our angelic boy," Troy said as he wiped his eyes with Jaycen following suit. Suddenly, the brunet burst out in laughter.

"What's so funny, Troypop?" Brandon asked as he walked up to the trio and introduced himself to Maureen.

"I just remembered the first time Lev went to a swim meet."

"Oh, shit. I'd forgotten about that." Jaycen chuckled.

"What happened?" Brandon asked.

"Levie was about six or seven, I think. He managed to get away from Mom and Dad, and they were about to start the competition. The little bugger somehow got onto the block to my right, and he jumped into the pool when the pistol went off and raced with us." Troy's recollection had everyone in stitches.

"He was so used to swimming laps with me that he thought that's what you were supposed to do.

The funniest thing was, if they hadn't stopped the race and pulled Lev out of the water, he'd have won third place."

Greg was cackling his head off as everyone listened to the memory. "Babe, you sure do find a way to make sure you're in the spotlight."

Levie giggled. "Yeah, I guess now I'll have to share it with this little guy." He smiled and kissed Tracey's cheek.

Everyone stopped reminiscing and turned to the sound of the clinking glass and Lyle's voice. "May I have everyone's attention, please? I'd like all the gathered friends and family to get closer." He paused for the family to do as asked. "I'd like to say something before we enjoy this incredibly delicious meal." Lyle paused. Ev'lynn and I are proud and happy to see the smiling faces gathered here today. First, I'd like to acknowledge two exceptional young men that I've enjoyed having as my shared sons. Jaycen and Troy, it's been a pleasure watching the two of you grow and mature into the amazing men you are today. You've both been the source of love and inspiration for your family and countless others. Then, you extended that love and shared it with the boy who you've always seen as a combination of your brother and son. The selfless act of pure love and devotion you showed at ten years old was only overshadowed eight years later when you became full parents to Levie. Under your guidance and teaching, Levie has grown to be just as loving as his Dads, proving time and time again that he took your lessons of love and family to heart."

Jaycen and Troy were speechless and couldn't keep up with the tears streaming down their cheeks.

"Mark and Stacy are not physically present here today, but their love, sense of civic duty, and family pride are alive and continuing to be passed on. I know they're proud and resting peacefully, knowing their torch continues to be passed on and is burning as bright as when they lit it." Lyle paused and wiped his tears. "Levie, Greg, Ev, and I wish you nothing but a life filled with joy and pride in your current and future accomplishments. We know you're gonna be just as good at parenting as Troy and Jayce, Linda and Tom, Ev'lynn and I, and Mark and Stacy were. Always know that this family was born from love and strength. Everyone assembled here is considered family to each other." Lyle smiled. "Let's raise our glasses and toast the individuals who've been tasked with carrying on this beloved family tradition of acceptance, inclusion, and most importantly, love. To Levie, Greg, Brandon, Rhett, and the first of our next generation, Tracey Thomas Moore Stillmont."

There wasn't a dry eye after Lyle concluded. The patriarch was hugged and kissed by everyone he'd mentioned in his speech. He turned to Maureen. "Reenie, we don't usually say grace before eating. However, this is a special occasion, and I think it calls for one to be said." Lyle's statement was backed up by everyone's head nods.

"I'd be honored, Papa Lyle." Maureen stood and had everyone join hands.

After everyone finished eating. The family worked together, cleaning up and putting food away. Jaycen and Troy smiled at each other and managed to get everyone's attention.

"Guys, we've got a surprise for our five youngest family members. If everyone would meet up next door at Oakridge, we'll continue celebrating." Troy said as he and Jaycen drove Bill and Sarah over to house.

Levie, Brandon, Greg, and Rhett were not allowed to set foot on the Oakridge property. So, today was the first time they'd be seeing their new home after the work was done to upgrade it. The young men jumped into the Eagle, and Levie drove them over. He took the dirt road that connected the two properties and drove across the field. The young men gasped when they saw the security cameras and the new paint job on the exterior of the barn and house. They parked the Eagle beside Troy's Sonata.

"Dads, what the..." Levie started to ask but had to stop. He was too overcome with his emotions. The only thing he could do was launch himself into the older men's arms and hug the stuffing out of them.

Jaycen and Troy smiled as they were given the same treatment by the other young men. "This was not just us, baby boys. The entire ranch family got together and worked on this project." Jaycen stated.

"You four are very loved and deserving of the respect and devotion you receive," Troy added.

The tears, hugs, and astonished reactions continued as the family was given a tour of the renovated home. Levie and Greg were speechless over the upgrades, and fully stocked fridge, freezer, pantry, and the extra freezer in the basement. After more partying and enjoyment of family time, finally, the four homeowners were alone and relaxing with their new baby. Levie, Greg, Brandon, and Rhett took a page from the Bropop's playbook and used baby monitors to take turns getting up with little Tracey for the midnight feedings and changes. They were taking the occupations of being Dads and Uncles very seriously.

Levie

Everything was going smoothly. The wedding was a week away, and Levie found himself sharing a day alone with his son. Greg was at a seminar with Lyle. Brandon was helping Linda and Tom with something in Tennessee. Rhett was helping Troy repair some fencing close to the mountain at the back of the property. Jaycen was a few hours away, looking at a prospective horse for a friend.

"So, what ya wanna do now, little man?" Levie asked as he picked up Tracey from his nap. The redhead was still in awe of the life he held. He chuckled as he thought about how his parents and Bropops must have felt when they held him for the first time. "You're the only thing that freakin' scares me to death." He softly said. "It scares me to think I might make a detrimental mistake and ruin your life." Levie cradled his son and smiled when the boy opened his eyes and talked to him in his baby language. "Despite being scared, Tracer, I love you. Your Papa loves you more than life. I promise, baby boy, I'll die to protect you." The redhead sniffled and started singing softly to the hypnotized child.

Levie got up, put Tracey in his bassinet, then went to the kitchen and fixed him some formula. He heated the food, tested it like he'd been shown, then retrieved his son. He sat in the rocking chair and fed Tracey. After the boy finished, Levie burped him and placed him back in his bassinet. He'd just sat down when his phone rang. "Hello!"

"Is this Mr. Stillmont?"

"Yes, it is. What can I do for you?"

"Sir, your suits are ready to be picked up."

"Thank you for calling. I'll be there in a few hours or so. I've just put my son down for his nap."

"Very well, sir. I'll look forward to seeing you."

Levie ended the call and threw a load of laundry in the washer. He started cleaning the house and getting things done while Tracey slept peacefully. After an hour, the redhead grabbed his travel essentials, placed Tracey in his car seat, and headed to the Cherokee. He checked the glove box, made sure his Glock was loaded, then put it in the shoulder holster under his jacket. He wasn't expecting any trouble, but he wasn't taking any chances, especially not with Tracey. Levie started the SUV and buckled his seatbelt. "Well, baby boy, let's go for an adventure." He smiled as he watched his boy in the rearview mirror, then backed up and headed down the long driveway.

Father and son made it to the alterations shop without incident. Levie smiled with fatherly pride as the staff gazed at the infant and congratulated him. He laid the clothes on the car's roof as he put Tracey in and buckled his seat. Then Levie put the clothes on the door hanger and headed back home. They were driving along a forest-lined part of the two-lane road when the Cherokee suffered a blowout.

"Hang on, baby boy," Levie said as he did his best not to lose control of the vehicle. He aimed the SUV for a space that didn't have any trees. The Jeep ran into the ditch, and the impact caused Levie to hit his head on the steering wheel. Levie shook his head, and the first thing he did was get out and check on his son. "Well, we're both fine, I think. At least you are. That was scary, huh." Levie leaned down and kissed Tracey's forehead. When he straightened back up, he felt slightly dizzy but choked it up to moving too quickly. The redhead closed the door, pulled out his phone, and carefully inspected the vehicle's tires. He was about to call Troy when Levie noticed he didn't have a blowout. The tire had a bullet hole in it.

The redhead suddenly cried out and doubled over in pain when he felt a sharp kick to his side. Before he could recover, someone grabbed his hair and rammed his head into the side of the Cherokee. "Don't touch my kid." Levie croaked out before blacking out. His unknown assailant pocketed his victim's phone and grabbed Tracey. The attacker placed Levie and his son in a pickup truck and sped down the road.

"Don't worry, kid. Unless I miss my guess, this will all be over soon." The driver said as he chuckled and smoothed Levie's hair.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic