Forrest Intruder (MF+/MF+)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Jeff K
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Forrest Intruder (MF+/MF+)

Post by Jeff K »

Hi all! I've been wanting to contribute to this site for awhile, but have been having some trouble getting over that initial hump of posting. I thought I would share a story that I wrote back when I was a teenager in which tying up plays a significant role. It's a fantasy action piece. Hope you enjoy!

I woke up, as usual, when the first rays of light burst into the woods, formed by the rising sun. I stood up and performed my morning stretches, preparing for another busy day. I donned by captain's armor, and left the tree house in which I lived, heading for the guard shack. I ran into my partner, Dorren, on the way.
"Sleep well?" he asked, cheery as usual.
"As well as ever," I replied briskly.
Dorren laughed. "I can see you're in one of your moods."
"Yep," I replied. "It's called 'early morning'."
Dorren spread his arms wide. "Cheer up, Cap'n. It's a new day ahead of us!"
As we neared the guard shack, I could see a commotion. I stepped forward to see what was going on. Four guards stood in a circle, surrounding a human man, who was lying down with his hands behind his head.
"This could be fun," Dorren remarked. Without responding, I approached the guards. "Who's in charge here?" I asked.
A tall, lanky elf saluted me. "Lieutenant Draven, at your service, ma'am." I remembered him now. He was a new hire. The other elves I recognized. There was a large, muscular one named Baynes, a short one named Krylle, and a female elf with sharp eyes named Felia. Lt. Draven continued speaking. "We caught this here intruder. Tried to turn him away from the forest, but he saw us."
"Well, what are you doing standing around him?" I asked. "Follow procedure. Wipe his memory and send him back to his kind."
"We tried that," stated Krylle.
"What do you mean, 'tried'?"
Baynes answered me "We made him swallow the memory wipe potion, but it had no effect."
That was odd. "Well," I said, trying to remain composed (after all, I was the senior officer), "we must go to the high council and see if they can make sense of this all."
"Very well," said Lt. Draven.
"What about him?" asked Dorren.

"Let's take him with us," I ordered. "Tie him up so he can't get away. And blindfold him so he can't see his surroundings.”

"Got it," said Felia. She ordered the man on his feet, then took a coil of rope and lashed his wrists together securely, leaving a lead ahead so the man could be pulled along. Dorren pulled out a cloth and blindfolded the man.

I approached my captive. "What is your name, human?"

"Steve," answered the prisoner.

"Well, Steve, we are going to take you somewhere. We don't want to hurt you, so you don't have to worry. Just don't be too annoying, or I'll have to gag you."

"Understood," said Steve, nodding his head.

"Let's go!" I ordered, and the group of seven--six elves and a bound-and-blindfolded human prisoner--began to head toward the council chambers.

Along the way, we could see a group of about a dozen schemey looking dwarves, all armed to the teeth. What they were doing in elf territory, I didn't know, but I feared there were too many of them for us to take in a fight. I looked to my left, towards the Brookside River, and saw a raft docked there.

Dorren looked at me unexpectedly. "What should we do, Cap'n?"

"Let's talk to these dwarves. We should see what they want."

"Are you sure about that?" asked Lt. Draven.

"Dwarves and elves haven't gotten along in decades."

"Exactly. Let's make sure they aren't out to do anything rash." I called out to the band, “Dwarves!"

The dwarves turned with a start. Upon seeing us, they grasped their weapons but did not draw. I motioned for Dorren to come with me, while Lt Draven and the others stayed with our prisoner. "What business do you have in elf territory?" I asked the dwarf who seemed to be the leader.

"We were hunting and we got lost," he answered.

"Do you always hunt with so many weapons?" I asked.

His eyes narrowed. "You may not know this, but there are many viscous beasts in our part of the woods. We don't want to be under-prepared."

"I suppose that makes sense," I admitted. "It that your raft, over there?"

"It is," stated the dwarf.

"Well, then, I suggest you climb on board and float back to your side of the woods."

"Very well," said the dwarf, bowing with respect or mockery, I could not tell.

As he bowed, I noticed a small vial on his belt, It was a very particular shade of red. "Nightblood!" shouted Dorren. Clearly he had seen it, too.

This was very worrying. Nightblood was a deadly poison that specifically worked on elves. It was said that mere contact with our skin left us bleeding and burning. If they had Nightblood, they must be here for an elf.

I drew my sword and prepared for a fight. I barely had time to think before the dwarves flicked my blade from my grasp. I was quickly thrust to the ground, where my arms and legs were tethered together, and a gag was shoved into my mouth. Looking to my right, I could see Dorren, pinned down and trussed up as I was. Upon seeing my predicament, then other elves drew their blades and rushed to assist. Unfortunately, the dwarves thought quickly and held blades to mine and Dorren's throats, forcing them to surrender. All four were quickly bound and gagged and then we were all huddled in a circle with four dwarves guarding us while the others went to fetch Steve.

The poor man gave a cry of relief when his blindfold was removed and his bonds cut, only to turn into a cry of dismay when his hands were re-tied behind his back, his feet tied at well, and he was gagged like the rest of us! The dwarves carried him over to the circle of prisoners and thrust him among us. After a brief discussion, the captives were stood up and forced to hop over to the raft, before we were loaded on board.

The whole process had taken about five minutes, but felt like less. I had drawn my sword, thinking that at worst, I would die a noble death and take a few of these dwarves out with me. Now, I was lying face down in a boat, hogtied with six other captives, gagged, helpless, and being rowed off to an unknown fate.

After a few hours of rowing, the dwarf leader signaled and the boat was docked on the shore. He asked which of the prisoners was the leader, and I muttered through my gag that I was. He snapped his fingers and the gag was removed, the bonds on my feet loosed, and I was made to sit up.

"What are you doing with us?" I asked.

The dwarf shrugged. "You saw the Nightblood. You must know we planned to kill your king. We just need to make sure you couldn't warn him."

"Grawn-Kellar!" barked another dwarf. "You just told them our entire plan!"

"Did not, Blax-Urich!" snapped the first dwarf. "It was super obvious! Right, prisoner?" He asked me.

"Sure, why not?" I answered, trying to work my hands loose.

"So, what now?" asked Grawn-Kellar. "Do we cut their throats or just tie 'em to a tree and leave 'em here, while we take out their king?"

"We could throw 'em overboard," suggested another dwarf, "Let 'em drown."

"You know what?" piped up Bax-Urich, "Why don't we ask them what they think?"

The dwarves laughed. I saw an opportunity. I had managed to slip my hands free, although I was still holding them behind my back as if they were secured. I could either get them to be distracted preparing to kill me and then attack them when they least expected it, or I could try and free us all when they left us tied to a tree. Of course, that ran the risk of them seeing what I had done and tightening my bondage.

"Well," I stated, making the dwarves turn to me, "If you'd ask ME, I'd say you should throw us overboard."

The dwarves laughed again. "Well, if you insist..." said Grawn-Kellar.

My fellow prisoners protested through their gags, except Dorren, who likely knew that I had something up my sleeve. The dwarves picked up Felia first and tossed her overboard.

"Ladies first," quipped Bex-Urich, then grabbed me.

I quickly brought up my fist and punched him. He recoiled in shock. The rest of my companions began fighting back against the other dwarves. A knife fell near me and I scooped it up. I could see Bex-Urich standing up.

I rushed at the dwarf and stabbed my knife into his chest. His eyes widened in shock as the life drained from them. I launched myself into the fray that was ensuing. My comrades were doing the best they could, in spite of their bonds, but they needed help. Fortunately, I was the help they needed, and before too long, my companions were free, six of the dwarves had fallen, and the remaining five (including Grawn-Kellar) had dropped their weapons and surrendered.

Dorren dove into the water and pulled Felia out, but it was too late. She had drowned.

I turned to the dwarves. "Well, it looks like the tables have turned. You're our prisoners now."

"Please, have mercy," begged Grawn-Kellar.

"Kill them," I ordered. Dorren nodded, and he and the other elves fell upon the dwarves, finishing them quickly. I heard a gasp from behind me and turned to see Steve. He was still roped up, and he looked aghast.

"Let's move!" I barked, and my companions set to rowing the raft down river. After a few more hours, we reached the elf court. Dragging our prisoner to his feet, we cut the ropes around his ankles and marched him to the council room of the elves.

The king ushered us in. We explained to him everything that had happened, and he sent one of his officers over to examine Steve. The elf gasped, then darted over to the king and whispered in his ear.

The king gave a start. "By the gods!" the king exclaimed.

"What is it?" I asked.

"He's a half-breed!" Everyone gasped and started muttering. The king continued. "He's half elf, half human. That's why the memory wipe didn't work on him!"

"That actually makes sense," I said. "Now that we know that, what's to be done with him?"

"His existence is a threat!" declared the king. "We must execute him!"

"Very well," I said aloud, already thinking in my head about rescuing him later. Dorren and the others bowed and exited with me as Steve was dragged away. As soon as we were safe, I gathered my elves. "So, we're all in agreement we should rescue him, right?"

"Oh definitely," said Dorren, and the others agreed.

That night, the five of us snuck into the dungeons. There were two guards, which Baynes and Krylle took care of. Unfortunately, the one Krylle struck managed to call out before a second blow knocked him unconscious. Soon, I heard alarm bells ringing.

"Let's get this door open!" I said.

Lt. Draven nodded, and quickly picked the lock. Steve was inside, chained at the wrists and ankles. Lt. Draven picked those locks as well.

"You came for me?" asked Steve, confused.

"Of course we did," I said. "I won't let you die just because some crusty old council rules it to be necessary. Besides, you can't spend three hours tied up next to another person and not bond with them a little."

"Did you just make a joke?" asked Dorren, proud.

"I guess so," I said, surprised at myself. "Now, everyone else get out of here. I'll take Steve to safety."

"Why?" asked Dorren.

"Because if you're seen with me, you're a criminal. This is your best chance to remain safe."

Draven, Krylle, and Baynes nodded and left.

Dorren did not.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked.

"Am I ever sure about anything?" was his reply.

I smiled. "Ready, Steve?"

"Sure, why not?" he answered.

"Then let's run!"

The three of us bolted out the door. Elf guards came pouring from every direction, firing arrows at us. We kept running as fast as we could, and eventually, we lost them. We reached the edge of the woods.

"I guess this is goodbye, Steve," I said.

"I guess so. Thanks for not letting them kill me."

I shrugged. "It was the least I could do."

"Goodbye, friend for a day," said Dorren. "It was real nice getting to know...well, getting to know very little about you."

"Same..." said Steve, clearly overwhelmed.

"And hey," said Dorren, "If you're ever back this way when Lessil and I are in the guard shack, stop in and say hi. You'll always be wel--"

His sentence was cut short as an arrow punctured his throat.

I looked back into the woods to see two elves pointing at us. They drew swords and charged. I unsheathed my blade and began to duel them. My years of combat held them both at bay, then I saw and opening and cut one down. The other kicked me in the side, knocking me to the ground. He towered over me, aiming his sword at my face.

Suddenly, a blade emerged form his chest, and he fell to the ground, dead.

Behind him stood Steve, bearing Dorren's fallen sword.

"Now it's my turn to thank you," I said.

"Well, I couldn't let them kill you," he said. "They wanted you to die for saving my life. That's not right. You should never die for saving lives."

With that, he drew back his sword and rammed it into my stomach.

"On the other hand, I did see you kill a bunch of surrendering dwarves, so I have a good reason to want you dead."

He pulled the sword out.

I gasped, searching for words but finding none.

"Goodbye, elf," said Steve, as he dropped the sword and ran from the forest. I watched him in disbelief.

Then all went dark.

And I felt nothing.

THE END
This conversation would go a lot smoother if you just gagged me already!
Ovi1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ovi1 »

Fascinating story, the age at which you wrote this shows a bit indeed, in the high pacing. But it looks very promising and I'm curious what you'll come up with when you write specifically for this site.

The amount of death might get this story removed at some point, but you've definitely made a start here.
I believe you would be a lot more comfortable in ropes
Jeff K
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Jeff K »

Ovi1 wrote: 1 year ago Fascinating story, the age at which you wrote this shows a bit indeed, in the high pacing. But it looks very promising and I'm curious what you'll come up with when you write specifically for this site.

The amount of death might get this story removed at some point, but you've definitely made a start here.

Agreed for sure, haha. At that age, I tended to go through my characters without mercy.
This conversation would go a lot smoother if you just gagged me already!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic