Sam and Vee Teen Detectives Extraordinaire (in training) F/F

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Sam and Vee Teen Detectives Extraordinaire (in training) F/F

Post by Stiletto Amore »

Like many of the best Hollywood blockbusters, our story begins with a cliffhanger,..

I struggled frantically against my bonds as I watched the LED timer continue to tick down.

My fingers strained to reach the series of knots that bound my wrists even as I cursed my propensity for biting my nails down to the cuticles.

Ironically, I only did this in times of extreme stress - of which being tied to a chair would almost certainly qualify.

I let out an almighty huff from behind my gag, only to feel the heavy ropes constrict themselves tightly around my chest like a languid boa constrictor toying with its prey.

Although I’d tried my very best to convince my captor that a gag would be wholly unnecessary,

“I won’t cry out. Pinky swears”

I nevertheless had found myself with a bright red bandana tied firmly between my teeth meaning that calling for help was not a realistic possibility.

Tick...tick...tick… Time was running out.

I needed to find a solution, and fast.

Think Vee, think. What would Nancy Drew do?

Of course, the first thing the literary heroine would do would be to check the area for any sharp implements she could saw through the ropes.

Then it occurred to me. There was a pair of scissors in the kitchen draw.

All I had to do was hop over to the counter and cut myself free before the timer reached zero.

I’d seen this done numerous times on TV.

It would be cake, I thought to myself.

Rocking the chair and kicking my heavy purple work boots against the floor, I heard a loud squeak as the chair moved!

Huzzah!

I may have shifted less than an inch, but I was finally travelling with purpose.

One small step for Velma,..

I repeated the process with renewed vigour.

The thudding and squeaking emanating from the legs of the chair were almost as tortuous as the timer - it sounded like a thousand fingernails being scraped along a blackboard - but I stuck rigidly to my task.

Ma Daniels didn't raise no quitter and I was well aware of the consequences if I did not free myself in time,..

Inch by inch I hopped, dragged and cajoled the chair forward towards the kitchen counter as I listened to the timer continue to count down.

Tick...tick...tick... Less than a minute left.

Progress was steady, but remained painfully slow.

If I didn’t do something drastic soon I was going to fall agonisingly short of my target.

She who hesitates,..

With the bit between my teeth (literally) I planted my feet firmly on the floor and began to lean forward, willing my body, and the chair it was tied to, to be carried forward with my momentum.

It worked - The chair lifted!

Huzzah!

I was Master of my domain.

But then, just as I was preparing to complete a hundred metre dash with a chair on my back, I heard the oven timer ping, closely followed by the maniacal laugh of my captor.

“Hard luck Vee” Sam, my best friend, and erstwhile jailor, said, not even bothering to try and conceal her amusement.

“Mmm mmph mmp mppp mmppphh mmp mmmp mpphhh mph!" (You don’t need to sound so smug about it)” I mumbled as I watched her retrieve an outsized pizza from under the grill.

“Don’t be such a sore loser” She teased, whilst tickling me under the chin.

"Mmm mpphh mpp mpphh!" (You tied it too tight!) I whined pathetically.

"Well, of course I did, silly. You think the villains would go easy on you. Besides, I don’t know what you’re complaining about - at least I didn’t stuff your mouth first"

She had a point.

In Sam’s mind, any gag that stopped short of five layers of duct tape was an act of generosity to which I should be eternally grateful.

“Mppph mpp mmphh" (You’re too kind”) I groaned

“Aren’t I though?” She replied with a wry smile.

“Mmpp phh, mpph mmm mph mpph mpp mpph mphhh mppph mppphhh mmpppphhhhh!" (In fact, I’d go so far as to say that you’re the very soul of beneficence”) I agreed, laying it on like treacle.

“Yes, well, that’s as maybe. But don’t think that means I’m going to cut you loose”

"Mpphh. Mpphhh?!" (Wait. What?!) I spluttered

“Would Lady Death Mask loosen your bonds if you asked? Mistress Bunny?”

“Mpp mpphhh mpph" (I guess not) I sighed.

“You better hurry. You don’t want your pizza to get cold - I imagine you’ve worked up quite an appetite thrashing about like that” She said as she set the table.

Perhaps I should explain. Samantha Ward and I happened to be amatuer sleuths who were also the very best of friends. Although we went to rival schools the two of us have been almost inseparable since we first met (when we teamed up to solve the case of the ‘missing Penny’)

And by inseparable, I mean we often found ourselves tied to one another.

You see, whilst we had aspirations of professionalism, the pair of us were actually fairy hapless detectives and through our bungling ineptitude we often found ourselves captured by the very villains we were chasing.

There was a running tally between the two of us regarding which of us was the more clumsy. (Although, truth be told we probably wouldn't have solved half our cases if one of us hadn't fallen through a trap door, or knocked over what turned out to be a secret switch of some sort)

When we first began solving cases together, we were constantly arguing about who was Sherlock and who was Watson.

Of course we've since come to the realization that we were both Watson.

(Heck - we even take turns writing up our case notes!)

Either way, it was fair to say that a considerable portion of our time was sleuthing time spent tied up.

Not that either of us minded all that much you understand, albeit for two, rather contrasting reasons.

Sam had been a huge fan of Houdini in her youth and she relished the opportunity to test her skills, and after hours of diligent study and practice, had perfected the art of escaping from any trap thus known to man. She loved the physical and intellectual challenge of being locked up and chained down, only to leap free in a single bound.

I, on the other hand, had no such aspirations - I simply enjoyed getting tied up!

(so shoot me!)

Oh, and did I mention the gags?

Yeah, see, Sam was never one to let a good damsel scenario go to waste. Even if our captors had not planned to, she always 'encouraged' them to gag us. Because of this, we could now easily understand each other, regardless of what was impeding our ability to speak. And we'd been gagged with pretty much anything you can imagine. Not just duct tape or bandanas, oh no. You can add ball gags, socks, rags, jawbreakers, and countless other items found lying around.

Sam had once dubbed this talk 'Gagese' and that's been its name ever since. According to her, she's been in talks with various dictionary companies to have it added, but hasn't heard back yet. Although, I believe she did try to make a Wikipedia page for it,..

Anyway, long story short, because we were spending so much time bound and gagged, Sam had taken it upon herself to teach me some of her tricks. So, it came to pass that once a week Sam would call by with a bag full of ropes and some rags and teach an escapology class.

Not that I was that bothered about escaping you understand - as you can probably imagine by now, I was perfectly content to wait out my captivity until I was inevitably rescued - but the opportunity to spend the evening getting tied up by my best friend was too good to pass up.

Sadly however, though the heart was willing, I remained thoroughly hopeless at getting loose - hence Sam had felt the need to raise the stakes by introducing an oven timer/ the threat of cold pizza.

Which brings us to now.

For those who are interested in such things, I was dressed in my multipurpose sleuthing outfit, a long sleeved checked shirt (to hide any potential rope burns) and a pair of ripped jeans, whilst Sam was dressed in a typically smart, lavender blouse, buttoned to the neck with black trousers and a pair of church shoes. In fact, come to think of it, in all the years we've known each other I don't think I'd ever seen my best friend dress in anything less formal than a collared shirt - I wasn't even sure if she owned any jeans, much less a pair of trainers.

“Mpph mmphh mmpphhh mphh mpp mpph mmmm mph mpph mpph?" (You’re not really going to eat all of that in front of me are you?”) I pleaded, sounding increasingly desperate.

“Well,.. those were the terms of our bet” She reminded me as she took her first bite.

“Mpp mppphhhh?" (You wouldn’t!?)

“Oh, wouldn’t I?”

“Mpp. Mpp. Mpph mppph. Mpph mmmp mpphh mpphh mphh mpphhhh,..?" (Ok. Ok. You would. But does that mean you should,..?”)

Sam appeared to consider this for a moment.

“Okay, but just this once” She said, wandered back over to me and, with what felt like a simple tug, the ropes holding me to the chair dropped away.

“My hero!” I said after pulling down my gag and rubbing my sore wrists.

"You shouldn't thank me too soon" She teased, producing a further length of white cotton clothesline from her trouser pocket.

"Is that strictly necessary?" I asked wearily, but I already knew the answer.

Feigning reluctance I held out my hands and allowed Sam to bind them together with a firm, but not excessively tight shank knot.

"Happy now?" I asked, holding up my (re)bound wrists.

"Much!" She said with a grin.

"Good - then let's eat!"
49% snooping detective, 51% Damsel in Distress.
Cub reporter and part time escapologist - They call me Houdini in heels
https://www.deviantart.com/samward18
smooth_talker45
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by smooth_talker45 »

Sam is now my favourite person
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

smooth_talker45 wrote: 2 years ago Sam is now my favourite person
Haha! I'm sure She'd be delighted to hear it! :D
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Brava! A new tale from the redoubtable Stiletto Amore is always reason for celebration.
DTbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by DTbound »

Great story!
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

MaxRoper wrote: 2 years ago Brava! A new tale from the redoubtable Stiletto Amore is always reason for celebration.
Yay!! That's very kind of you to say! So glad you enjoy reading about my (Sam's) adventures :D
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

DTbound wrote: 2 years agoGreat story!
Thank you kindly. So glad you enjoyed! :D
TimChimp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TimChimp »

Reall fun story, the dialogue in particular was pretty fun
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic