Rope Salesman (M/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Rope Salesman (M/F)

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

I heard rumors around the town that Betty Credulo was the most gullible person in town. If I told her the sky was green, they said, she’d look up at the sky just to double check. Is what they said true?

“Let’s find out,” I told myself as I knocked on her door. Betty, with her blonde hair in pigtails wearing a white sweater with a blue and red collar, blue ripped jeans and black Nike’s, answered.

“Hi!” she greeted. “Who are you?”

”Shoot! I forgot to come up with a fake name!” I quickly looked around the area for ideas. “I’m...uh...Lamprent O’Bush!”

She smiled warmly. “Pleased to meet you, Mr. O’Bush! Come in!”

I stepped inside and she guided me to the kitchen table. After we both sat down, she asked, “So, what brings you here, Mr. O’Bush?”

“I’m a salesman. I’m selling rope and I was inquiring if you needed any.”

Betty furrowed her brow. “I don’t think I have any need for rope.”
I scoffed. “Nonsense! There are plenty ways one can use rope.”
“Oh? Like what?”
“For example,” I say, pulling a strand of rope out of my backpack, “Let's say that the seatbelt in your car was broken. Instead of having repairmen fix it for a pretty penny, you could just use rope to tie yourself to the chair.”
“Are you sure that that would work?”
“I’m positive! Shoot, I wish there was a way to prove this to you...”
“Well...I guess you could tie my waist down if you want to prove it to me,” Betty offered.
I smiled. “You know, that thought never crossed my mind.”

I took the rope and wrap it twice around her waist and the chair. I took another strand and tied her shoulders to the chair back.

“To keep you extra secure,” I explain.
“That makes sense,” she replied. She wiggled around the chair. “Huh, you're right! I can barely move around. This would make a perfect replacement seatbelt!”

“There are many other uses for rope,” I say, continuing my schpeel before she remembered to ask me to take off her “seatbelt”.
“Like what?”
“Well, when you’re at family reunions, don’t you do three-legged races?”
“Uh-huh.”
“Well, rope is perfect for tying legs together!”
“Prove it. Tie my leg to yours!”
“Now, Miss Credulo, you wouldn’t let a stranger tie his leg to yours, would you?”
“I guess not...”
“What about if instead, I tied your legs together? It’ll prove my point just as well.”
“Alright!”

I took a third long strand and wrapped her legs. When I was done, she was mummified from her ankles to her knees.

“Sorry for going a bit overboard there,” I told her.
“It’s fine! And you’re totally right! This is perfect for three-legged races! No one would be able to separate their legs! Any other uses for rope that you could think of?”

I was more than happy to answer that question. “Well...I can think of one more...”
“Lay it on me.”
“Well, have you ever been in a pie-eating contest and the rules dictate that you have to put your hands behind your back?”
“Yea.”
“Well, sometimes the pies are so delicious, you just want to grab the whole thing with your hands and shove it in your mouth?”
“Ohmygosh yea! Just last week, I was *this* close to grabbing this pie I was eating and shove it down my throat!”
“Well, if you had your hands tied behind you, you wouldn’t have to worry about giving into that temptation, right?”
“Right! So let me guess, you want to tie my wrists behind me to prove your theory, am I right?”
“You read my mind! Is it okay with you?”
“Of course! Anything to cure me of that nasty temptation!”

With her consent secured, I took a fourth strand and tied her wrists behind her. A fifth one was used to restrain her elbows. She tried moving her arms, but to no avail.

“You’ve convinced me, Mr. O’Bush! I’ll definitely be buying some rope today!”
“I’m glad to hear it! But before we seal the deal, I’m offering one more item that I think you’d find useful.”

I pulled a red sponge ball out of my bag along with a white scarf.

“What’s that?”
“It’s a sound-muffling device. Have you ever had one of those days where you want to scream at the top of your lungs?”
“Yes! But I just usually scream into a pillow.”
“You may think that’s a good idea, but when you later use that pillow to lay down on, you’re laying down on that saliva and germs you emitted earlier.”
“I didn’t think of that. How does your device work?”
“I’ll show you. Open wide,” I tell her. Once she opened up, I placed the ball inside her mouth.

“The ball muffles the sound. So that way, you can scream all you want, but no one will be able to hear you. And so you don’t accidentally launch the ball out of your mouth during your screaming, you tie the cloth around your mouth,” I tell her as I tied it over her mouth. “Now, since I’d never dream of selling you something without assuring you of its quality, I want you test it out. Yell as loud as you can!”

Betty nodded and did just that. Without the “device”, her scream might’ve shattered nearby glass. But with the “device” in place, her screams were absolutely muffled.

“So, will you be buying this alongside the rope?” She nodded. “Great!” I look around. “Ah shoot! I forgot to ask you to grab your wallet. Where is it?” She tried telling me its location, but I obviously had no clue where she said it was.

“Well, payment is required. Hmm...how about this: I’ll let you keep your cash. But, I’ll just take a few other things around here as payment. Is that fine with you?”

She nodded.

I grabbed my now-empty backpack and started stuffing things inside it.

”I wish all my victims were like this,” I thought to myself. ”Ah well, that’s the life of a burglar; some days are easier than others.”

The End
Check out my DeviantArt page!
https://www.deviantart.com/empoleon666
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

I hope you enjoyed this tale! This was based on the video discussed here:
http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1116

Tell me what u think of my new story! And let me know if i should write more stories like this!
Check out my DeviantArt page!
https://www.deviantart.com/empoleon666
DTbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by DTbound »

Great job! If only the bonds had been this good in the video!
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

A nice fun story :)
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

This was a great story to better the video. Now we know what everyone was thinking that day and how it happened, jokingly.
Beetlebailey13
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Beetlebailey13 »

Great Story
" No use to struggle, my dear, you're tied up much too tight for escape! However, I'd be in your debt if you would try... "
Sheriff
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Sheriff »

Great story, really enjoyed it!
Hands behind your back....

See what I'm up to on my blog! http://www.sheriffofknots.com/
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

An enjoyable fun little story
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic