Halloween Hijinks (MMM/F) (redux)

Start Date: October 1, 2018
End Date: October 31, 2018
Deleted User 769

Halloween Hijinks (MMM/F) (redux)

Post by Deleted User 769 »

Twas' s a dark and stormy night,..
I have always loved Halloween, in many ways I consider it my favorite holiday of the year, better even than Christmas. Overnight neighborhood lawns become haunted graveyards, cobwebs are strewn across every doorway and children (of all ages) are encouraged to don fancy dress and consume their own body weight in candy.
However, best of all has been the fact that the 31st of October has become synonymous with a particular type of teen detective mystery in which I thwart the evil machinations plots of various small time crooks in spooky (if ill-fitting) costumes.
Of course, meddling in such cases is not without an element of personal risk, however as a budding journalist this seemed like a small price to pay to get my name in the paper again:

“Teen sleuth thwarts pirates
“Schoolgirl unmasks Swap monster”
“Pupil saves school from Witches curse!”

And so it was, that I was spending All Hallows locked in the church basement a helpless prisoner of a cabal of sinister, hooded monks.
And, as with all the best parties, my captors insisted on tying me up before the festivities could begin in earnest,..
Having fully recognized the futility of struggling against my two, far more powerful captors I displayed my usual stoic grace and poise as I was stretched across the stone bench where my hands and feet were locked into heavy steel chains. As the clasps were secured I gave no indication of any degree of discomfort, or inconvenience, but simply stared up in mild curiosity at my hooded captors.
Of course, as an amateur detective/ cub (school) reporter this was far from an unexpected plot development, indeed I fast becoming a veteran of such ceremonies, in fact hardly a week went by that I wasn’t being plucked off the streets, bundled into the back of a van and offered as the sacrifice to some unholy deity or another,..
Only last week I had been lashed to a post as an offering to a giant gorilla, the month before I’d almost been slowly lowered into a giant cooking pot with an apple shoved in my mouth,.. such were the hazards of a career in investigator journalism,..
I supposed I should be flattered by all the attention, after all, Murderous Satanic Death cults don’t select just anyone the be (Their) Chosen One.
Of course, had I known I was going to spend the night strapped to a sacrificial altar (which, in hindsight was always a distinct possibility) I might have selected a more practical costume. As it is, Columbia’s hot gold sequin tailcoat jacket and tube top shorts offered little protection against the cold. Still, at least I would earn points for style over substance,..
Once all parties were satisfied that I was locked in place the ceremony started up around me in earnest, with a packed artistic program that largely consisted of several, long winded speeches lifted from the Satanic Bible accompanied by a ghostly choir singing glorious hymns to Evil.
After thirty, interminable minutes of listening to my captors drone on about He of the cloven hoof I was beginning to grow more than a little bored with proceedings.
Worse than that, I was feeling ignored.
Well, Mrs Harris’s baby girl was not going to allow herself to be demoted to the status of mere footnote at her own execution,..I demanded to speak to their manager.
“Hey! You in the goat mask! Yes, you! Do you have a line manager, or a supervisor I could talk to?”

“You mean the Unholy Father?” the squeaky voiced teen replied nervously.

“That sounds like the guy. Can you see if he’s busy?”

“Erm, I guess,..”

After a few moments of strained conversation backstage the High Priest finally emerged from his lair in a blaze of smoke and noise.
My first impressions were that he was a giant. 
In fact, he could probably consume an entire village and still have room for the dessert trolley. 
In short, if I were looking to describe his appearance to a police sketch artist I would simply say that he "looked like a wall with hair" 
It was only when he came closer that I was able to see that, in addition to his animal skin cloak and skull mask, the High Priest was also tottering on a pair of platform shoes that would have shamed Elton John.
Despite the gravity of the occasion I chortled to myself as he walked past. It was hard to retain any degree of fear for a man who felt the need to wear lifts in his boots.
“Why is the prisoner not gagged?” He bellowed angrily, trying (and failing) to appear more intimidating than his 5’3 frame.

“Never mind that now” I replied dismissively, “Is this going to be too much longer,.. some of us have dinner plans”

“Silence! Brother Rattus, muzzle her!”
Moments later I found myself gagged with a black silk cloth tied cruelly tight between my teeth.

“There! That’s all we’ll hear from her”
The congregation cheered wildly.

Wow! ‘Tough crowd’ I thought to myself, in the story of Snow White they’d probably root for the huntsman.

Drinking in the ovation the High Priest began a series of ritualistic chants whilst I found myself being doused with strange potions, whilst a succession of candles were swung over my head, their thick, acrid fumes drifting across my face almost choking me.
And still the infernal communal chanting continued on,..
And on.

Meanwhile I lay there, bound and gagged and largely ignored.

‘Who said the Devil had the best tunes?’ I opined to no-one in particular as the endless, drone of the chanting continued to wash over me like a gentle breeze.

It was a strange complaint to make of your own sacrifice, but I found I was becoming increasingly bored with the whole show.

What’s more the incense was making me drowsy, not to mention the strange, rhythmic chanting,.. 

In fact it was getting hard to hold my eyes open,.. 

I was feeling so drowsy,..

so, very,.. tired,..

I think I just need to rest my eyes for a moment,..

“Chet! The sacrifice has fallen asleep”

“What?!”

“Listen, you can hear her snoring”

”For Christ’s sake Gerald, why did you have to use so much incense? That would have been enough to subdue a bison”

“I was trying to create an ATMOSPHERE!!” He snapped back hautily.

“Lay off him Simon! Have you ever considered that maybe you caused her to doze off with all your endless droning on about Satan,..” apparently this had been a long standing bone of contention between the two of them,..

"Maybe she just couldn't stand to listen to anymore of your 'singing'" The High Priest snapped back using a full deployment of air quotes.

The childish bickering continued long into the night and showed no sign of stopping as I slipped free of my restraints and snuck off to alert the authorities. In fact the three school friends were still fighting with one another even as they were loaded into the back of the police van hours later.

"So, how was your night?" My Mother asked as we sat around the kitchen table the next morning.
"Suprisingly quiet" I replied happily between mouthfuls of breakfast cereal "In fact I can safely say that was the best night's sleep I've had in ages"
Last edited by Deleted User 769 5 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

Amazing! I love how she falls asleep!!
Check out my DeviantArt page!
https://www.deviantart.com/empoleon666
Deleted User 769

Post by Deleted User 769 »

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 5 years ago Amazing! I love how she falls asleep!!
Ha, ha! Apparently, brevity is key when it comes to attempting to summon a demon ;)
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

A third great Halloween story. My good luck wishes to you and the others. You can never go wrong with a teenage captive/reporter
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic