Vbob : 01 - summer of '88 (m/f, fff/mm)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Vbob : 01 - summer of '88 (m/f, fff/mm)

Post by Canuck100 »

Vbob's stories
01 - summer of '88
Story index at the bottom

By Vbob

Sunday July 9th 2000 02:50:40

Part 1

I was 10 years old in the summer of '88. My best friend Ben lived up the street from me, and my sister's friend Beth lived across the street. My sister, Janet was 11, Beth was 10.

That summer we decided it was going to be our summer of war. Me and Ben versus Janet and Beth. The rules were simple since we all lived on the same street, at any time either side could start the war. There were three things that could happen.
1. You could be killed( shot with a water gun.)
2. Taken prisoner( my personal favorite, and the one that frequently happened.)
or 3. Total surrender/victory.

The day after school was let out for vacation, my sister and Beth started the war. Beth came over to our house to talk to Janet. Knowing that they could get the first shot in, i easedropped outside my sister's window (lucky for me she had a room on the bottom floor of the house.) After hearing them making a plan to get us later that day, i got on my bike and rode up the street to Ben's.

After hearing what they were planning , we decided to strike first. We got the water guns we kept in his garage and filled them up. Then we packed some clothesline rope and duct tape in Bens school bag. Ben originally wanted to go back down the street and get them, but we decided it would be better to ste a trap.

Part 2

With my sister Janet and her friend Beth planning to get the first shots in my friend Ben and i decided to set a trap. I called my house, knowing my mom wasn't home. When Janet answered, I told her I was at Ben's and to please let Mom know. she said ok and the hung up. All we had to do was wait.

Ben's mother taught a summer semester at the local community college, so she would be gone all day. As would his dad who worked two towns over. We had the house to ourselves.

Afew minutes later, we watched as Janet and Beth walked up the drive way, carrying water guns, and Janet's backpack. I ran down into the basement knowing one try to get that way, Ben sat in waiting inside the hall closet near the front door. Those were the only two ways into the house.

I hid behind an old couch that Ben's parents hadn't had hauled away yet, and watched the screen door a few feet away. Sure enough, Beth came in silently. She was wearing a pair of denim shorts, sneakers with no socks, and a light blue tank-top.

She glanced around real quick, satisfied that no-one was waiting she walked in. As she went past i crept up behind her, clamped one hand over her mouth and jammed my water pistol on her back.

I told her to drop her water gun, which she did at once. I had her lay fave down on the couch and pulled some rope out of the bag. I bound her wrists together behind her back and sat her up. to avoid her yelling out warning to my sister, i gagged her with a couple of strips of duct tape. I then tied her legs together at the knee and ankles. To make sure she wouldn't get away, i tied another peice of rope around a low hanging support bean and looped it around her wrist bindings. Now that i had Beth as a secured prisoner, I decided to help Ben get my sister.

Part 3

As I left off last time, I had just left my nieghbor Beth bound and gagged in Ben's basement, and was creeping up stairs to help get my sister Janet before she got us.

When i got up stairs, i checked the living and dinning rooms, but no sign of either of them. So i snuck up the next flight of stairs to where the bedrooms and Ben's dad's home office was.

I checked Ben's room and his little sister's room ( she was in day camp for the summer.) But no Ben or Janet.

I walked down the hall and found Ben hogtied and cleave gagged in his parents bedroom. Apparently Janet had gotten the jump on him. I quickly checked the office which was located across the hall. Nobody there. Ben began to grunt at me, and wriggling his hands wildly. He kept sticking up two fingers. I walked over to him and began to untie him, when i heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see my sister and another one of her friends from school, named Carrie. Apparently Carrie had shown up at our house shortly after i left and Beth and Janet told her about the "war". My sister held her backpack that held her teams rope and gags. Carrie held the water pistol poiting right at my head.

" Too bad." Janet said." We never set a rule that won't let us enlist help."

Janet pulled a chair from the office into the room and had me sit in it. Her and Carrie bound my hands in front of me. Then they tied my ankles together. Carrie took another piece of rope and tied one end to my wrist bindings. She then tied the other end to my ankle bindings tying it tight enough to prevent me from lifting my hands. I'll give her credit she knew what she was doing. They then looped a long piece of rope around my arms and chest tying me to the chair.

Janet sat back and admired there handy work.

" Well boys, seems we win the first round." she smirked." Where's Beth?"

" She's tied up in the basement," I told her." And since you got more help, we can do the same for next time."

" Sure thing little brother." Janet said, gagging me with a bandana." We look forward to it."

Then the two of them went downstairs to the basement and untied Beth. The three of them came back up stairs and had a good laugh at our misfortune. Then they untied us, and we agreed they had scored the first victory.

" But." Ben said, as we all walked down to the corner store to get sodas." We'll get you next time."

And so the Summer of '88 began. And it would be the best summer than any before it.

Any comments on the story and if you'd like to hear of the other highlights of our little "war" let me know!

Vbob
kullen23@hotmail.com