Nathraq : 17 - Alvin gets captured (mf/m)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Nathraq : 17 - Alvin gets captured (mf/m)

Post by Canuck100 »

Nathraq's stories
17 - Alvin gets captured
Story index at the bottom

By Nathraq

Friday April 13th 2001 09:42:57

This is a story for which many details (such as the setting) stand out in my mind, but some are rather sketchy. As you know, I played lots of TUG's (TiedUpGames) when I was young, and had two regular groups with whom I played. My brother, Alvin, 3 years younger than I, liked to play TUGs but rarely participated as he was more interested in baseball, basketball, or any other kind of neighbourhood sport. Here is a story where he got his rather unexpectedly.

I was I guess about 15 at the time, and Alvin was 12. There had been a girl in our old neighbourhood named Annie, whom I had years ago (she being very young) tied up at her insistance as part of a game.

Annie moved away a few years after that when her parents got a divorce; her father stayed in the same little 2-story house just across the street from where we lived. We had moved to another house not far away.

One afternoon late in the summer I was walking home from the store with a bag of purchases when I saw her. I almost didn't recognize her. Little chubby Annie was now eleven, almost 12, and had lost every ounce of her baby fat. Her short hair had grown to a shiny shoulder-length brown, and her long legs looked very pretty in the little stretchy shorts she was wearing (purple, I think).

Now Annie had been a playmate of Alvin's during their early grade school years and as we talked she asked several times about my brother. I perceived she still had a bit of a crush on him. Alvin, as many 12-year-olds are, was a bit shy around girls, though he would play with our female cousins. I finally got Annie to admit that she "liked" Alvin and we (or I) planned a particularly fun ambush for him.

I dropped off my purchases and rode my bike to her house, where her father was (as usual) sleeping. Annie's house is built on unlevel ground, so that if you face the front of the house the ground slopes from right to left, downward. The side door on the left side of the house (facing it from the front) is well above ground level, and there is a long porch running along the left side of the house with steps in the front. Walking around the house, under the porch, is enclosed by strong green-painted wooden lattice, with a door in the back, the perfect place to store lawn mowers and other outdoor tools, which were no longer in abundance. As young children we had occasionally played there. The floor was made of concrete blocks tightly fitted together.

I'll skip the long boring conversation concerning out plans, but "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." was one of our favourite TV shows (Annie had a thing for Robert Vaughn's character, Napoleon Solo; Alvin, with his blonde hair, always wanted to play David McCallum's character "Ilya Kuryakin", and we used this in our plan. I knew Alvin would be coming home from a ball game and we got ready with our toy pistols.

After a seeming eternity (at least to Annie), sure enough, here came Alvin, carrying a baseball glove, wearing his long pants and with his shirt unbuttoned. Annie giggled as we approached. He recognised her right off but before greetings could be exchanged, we pulled out our pistols.

"Don't try anything, Ilya Kuryakin, you're our prisoner. The forces of THRUSH will get the information from you." Alvin stammered for a minute, and put up his hands. We marched him around the corner and under Annie's dad's porch. We took his baseball glove and put it on a trash-can lid.

"Search him", Annie said. I did.

"It's not here."

"All right, Ilya, talk -- where is the device and where is Napoleon Solo."

Now neither Alvin nor I liked being the bad guy when we played "Man from UNCLE" and Alvin was rather pleased to be able to play the good guy to our villians. He told us to go fly a kite. I grabbed some of the prepared ropes (clothesline) and pulled his hands behind him, crossing and tying them securely. He looked at me as if to say "hey, this is only playacting" but said nothing, realizing I was using real TUG ties. After I got his hands tied, Annie walked over to him and said "OK, you can't do anything now, so you better talk, or we'll make you talk." Alvin pulled his wrists in the bindings, testing them, and said he would never talk.

Then, to Annie's delight and Alvin's embarrassment, I pulled his shirt down his shoulders so it was hanging on his bound wrists behind his back.

"Hey," he said.

"Rules...boys get tied with their shirts off," I reminded him.

Annie grabbed his arm and pushed him over to one of the thick metal poles to which the lattice was attached, and together we tied his arms to it. Annie had to go outside and get the ends of the rope as I pushed them through the lattice-work around the pole. It took us a good fifteen minutes to get him tied up, but when we were done, Alvin was standing with his hands tied behind him, his arms and legs tied to a pole (with knots on the outside of the lattice work) and his shirt hanging behind him from his tied hands.

Now Alvin is quite ticklish, so Annie began to tickle his sides and he began to squirm. I was glad that we'd used the pole, since the latticework alone might have broken or pulled loose (we had planned to tie him standing spread out on the latticework as sort of a torture-rack). Alvin squirmed and tried to get loose, but to no avail. Annie went easy on him, though.

Then I put the second part of my plan, a part I'd not yet shared with Annie, into effect.

"I'm going out to look for Napoleon Solo," I told her. "You stay here and persuade Ilya that it is in his best interest to cooperate."

She walked outside for a minute with me and we whispered...I told her I was going home and she could untie Alvin later.

She just grinned. I told her to untie his hands last, so that she could move him from place to place if she wanted to.

"As long as his hands are tied behind him, he's your prisoner," I told her. "You can do anything you want."

She giggled. I winked. Then I rode home to cut the grass.

Alvin came in a couple of hours later, with his ball glove and fading marks on his wrists. He pretended to be mad at me for awhile, but I knew he had enjoyed the adventure. I didn't find out until later that the THRUSH agent, as it turned out, was really a double agent on the side of U.N.C.L.E. and eventually released him, and they both escaped. Well, Annie and Alvin got to see each other again, anyway.

Nathraq
nathraq2000@hotmail.com