James : 02 - The Man in the Vampire Mask (?/f, f/m)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

James : 02 - The Man in the Vampire Mask (?/f, f/m)

Post by Canuck100 »

James' stories
02 - The Man in the Vampire Mask
Story index at the bottom

By James

Monday January 29th 2001 08:38:40

Hi, it’s James again. Like I promised, here is my third story.

Well, nothing much happened in the three weeks after my last adventure at Jodie’s house, we were all too busy studying for our exams. Exams finally finished, and our two- week term break began.

On the last day of term, Jodie asked me if I would like to join her in going shopping and ten pin bowling on the Monday with a few friends. I said that I would be delighted to join her if my parents said OK. She told me to arrive at her place at 10:00am on that morning and I agreed.

That night, my parents gave me the OK. It was agreed that my dad would drop me off at Jodie’s place and my mum would pick me up at 5:30pm.

The weekend passed quickly, and Monday was upon us. To be honest, the thought of playing another tie-up game hadn’t really crossed my mind at all; it had been such a long time since my last one that I’d completely forgotten about it.

Anyway, I got up early that morning, had a shower and got dressed. I decided to wear a striped short sleeve shirt and sort of baggy light blue pants. I decided to go without my socks that day.

I arrived at Jodie’s house at a couple of minutes after ten. I knocked on the door, and one of Jodie’s friends, Samantha answered the door. I greeted her and she let me in. Everyone had already arrived except for Luke who was late as usual. Mark was nowhere to be seen, so I asked Jodie about his whereabouts. She told me that he was at a birthday sleepover party at his friend’s house.

Luke finally arrived at 10:30am, much to the displeasure of the girls. There were five of us in total, two guys (Luke and myself) and three girls (Jodie, Samantha and Sarah). (Everyone was 14, except Sarah who was 15)..

To get to our destination, we had to walk to the train station, and then take the train to the shopping centre. That whole trip took almost an hour, because we missed the earlier train and had to wait another twenty minutes before the next.

We arrived at about 11:30, and it was decided that we would grab some lunch before going off to the ten-pin alley. I grabbed some Thai food (I think) from the food court which I didn’t enjoy that much, so I did a swap with Sarah, who equally didn’t enjoy her kebab.

Having finished our lunch just after noon, we headed to the ten-pin alley, but not before the girl’s took a peek at some of the clothing stores. Sarah bought herself a short sleeve white T-shirt that, in my opinion, was a few sizes too small for her.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the ten-pin alley, and we decided to have two games before doing some more snooping around in the shopping centre. The girl’s struggled to get the bowling ball down the other end, even with the lighter balls, to our amusement. It was pretty obvious that they’d never played this game before, as about half of their balls ended up in the gutter!

Luke won the first game, and I won the second, with the three girls lagging behind. We finished in just over an hour, and hung out at the shopping centre for another hour. We didn’t buy anything else and decided to head back to Jodie’s house where all of us were going to be picked up.

We just missed the train again, and had to wait another twenty minutes before the next. We arrived back at Jodie’s place at 3:30pm where Luke, Samantha and Sarah called their parents to get picked up.

We decided to play a few games of Blackjack while we were waiting for our parents. The girls were a little more accomplished at this game than ten-pin bowling, and proved to be more challenging. We’d only played a few games before Luke’s mum arrived and he left. Samantha had taken the overall lead in our Blackjack game before she had to go. Sarah was elevated to first position as a result and didn’t relinquish that position until she left at four.

Jodie and I were left, and we continued playing until she held first place. The thought of a tie-up game still hadn’t crossed my mind yet.

Jodie put the cards away and told me that she was going to the toilet. I looked around her lounge room display cabinet, which had a few baby photos of Mark and Jodie, some china, and a couple of bottles of port and whisky. None of the bottles had been opened, so I assumed that they were there for display only.

When I finished looking around, I sat down on the couch and waited for Jodie.

Gee, she’s taking a long time, I thought to myself after five more minutes of waiting. I decided to go check on her, and went to the upstairs toilet and gave it a small knock, but I received no answer.

I then thought of the downstairs toilet, which was broken when I was last here, and should’ve been fixed by now. So I gave that toilet door a knock too, and I still got no answer.

I called out her name several times, but I was met with silence each time. I was beginning to get a little worried, so I thoroughly searched downstairs, but found no sign of her. I clambered up the stairs, and did another search but with the same result.

There was only one other place she could be, the basement, I thought.

The door leading to their basement was between the kitchen and the laundry downstairs. I opened the door, and found it to be surprisingly bright down there. Our basement was very dark, with a small window providing the only source of natural light.

I walked down the very noisy stairs, and was met with a small and muffled yell. This was when the thought tie-up games came roaring back into my memory. I quickly ran down the rest of the way, and saw Jodie lying on her stomach on the floor. She was tied in a hog tie with the familiar looking white rope. She had a piece of with cloth tied over her mouth, hence the muffled yell.

She saw me, and yelled again in my direction, and tugged at the ropes.

The culprit must be Mark, I thought as I ran over to her.

I untied her gag and asked her, “Was it Mark that did this?”

She replied quickly in a very nervous tone, “No, it wasn’t Mark. There’s somebody else in the house, with a vampire mask over his face.”

Somewhat stunned by this response, I asked her again, “Are you sure it wasn’t Mark?”

“No, I told you, it wasn’t Mark,”. Her serious tone told me that she wasn’t lying.

I undid her hog-tie, much to Jodie’s relief. The knots on her feet were rather complicated and it took me some time before I could undo them. I turned her over, and untied her wrists. All this time, she had been watching the basement door, looking for any signs of the masked person.

She gave her wrist a good rubbing, trying to get some of the rope marks off. I helped her up, and she was stumbling all over the place before finding her feet.

Jodie and I stood there looking at the basement door, then at each other.

“What should we do?” I asked her quietly.

“I don’t know,” she replied nervously.

“Do you want me to take a little peek around the house first, to see if he’s still here.” I said, trying to be a gentlemen.

She replied very quickly, “No, don’t leave me by myself.”

She grabbed my right arm with both hands, and held it to her chest.

After a bit of silence, I asked her again, “Well then, what should we do?” She said nothing, and just looked at the door.

“How about we both go up together, and take a look around, OK?” I whispered. She again said nothing, just slowly nodding her head.

I slowly led the way up the basement stairs, with Jodie still clutching my right arm. We reached the top of the stairs, and I slowly turned the doorknob and opened the door.

I took a quick peak at both sides of the door, and found nothing. I turned and nodded to Jodie, indicating that it was safe. So Jodie followed me out of the basement, and I quietly closed the door.

That’s when it hit me, “Could it just be one of the other guys that were here before playing a prank?” I asked her.

“No, it definitely wasn’t them. He was a lot taller, than those guys.” was her reply.

We tiptoed across the hallway, and upon passing the toilet, nature called. This had to have been probably one of the worst times for nature to call, but it couldn’t be helped.

“I have to go,” I said, pointing to the toilet door.

“No, don’t leave me here by myself, please.” she begged.

“We can’t both go in the toilet at the same time, I’ll only be a sec,” I surveyed the area. “Just lock yourself in the laundry until I come out, OK”

“OK, but be quick.” she said. She tiptoed into the laundry, shut the door and locked it.

I must admit that I was just as nervous as Jodie. I felt more secure having a second person around, rather than being by myself. I walked into the toilet, and locked the door.

Midway through the call, I was startled by a scream, Jodie’s scream.

“Aaaaahhhhh! James, help me. He’s in here! James, help………” she broke off suddenly.

I heard footsteps rushing up the stairs and I finished the call as soon as I could, and quickly rushed out to the laundry. There was a basket of dirty clothes that had been knocked off the ironing board, and was spread all over the laundry floor.

I called out Jodie’s name, but no response was directed my way. I waited for a while, and after still not hearing anything, I quietly tiptoed up the stairs as quietly as I could.

I slowly crept my way along the hallway, and took a quick peek into the bedroom. I was just about to stick my head into Mark’s room, when I felt a great force on my back that propelled me forward, and ended up with me face down on the floor.

Before any reaction could be made, a blindfold was roughly placed over my eyes. My heart was racing, and I was beginning to feel quite scared. A knee was pressed against my back, and I struggled with the assailant. I managed to knock him off my back, but that was as far as I got, when I heard a small click, and something cool had been placed on the side of my neck.

I knew it was a gun, so I ceased my struggles, and lay still on the floor. My blindfold was fixed up, and I felt my hands being encircled with some soft thin rope. I was helped to my feet, where I was pushed into Mark’s room, and forced to stand near his bed.

Some more of that thin rope was wrapped around my arms, until I had very little movement available. I was helped down onto the floor, where my back was leaning on the side of the bed. I could feel my ankles and being rendered immobile by the same rope.

My heart was still racing at a million miles a second, and I was shaking like a leaf. I even shed a few tears behind the blindfold. That’s how scared I was!

I then heard the familiar ripping of the tape, and I knew very well, what it was intended for. My assailant ripped off about four or five pieces of the tape, before covering my mouth with each of them.

I was now bound and gagged, in my friend’s brother’s bedroom, not knowing what had happened to Jodie, and in a house with some lunatic whose goal I did not know.

A few more tears came out, as I heard footsteps walking out of the room. I dared not to struggle, for fear of having a bullet being lodged somewhere in my body. I sat there quietly, listening for any sign of movement around the house.

For about five minutes, there was dead silence, nothing. I was still shaking like a leaf, and I was starting to sweat a little. Finally I heard a soft noise, this was repeated a few times and gradually got a little louder, and I concluded that this was Jodie’s call. I yelled back a few times, and a yell was returned to me.

I knew then, that she was in a similar predicament to mine, being tied up and gagged, probably blindfolded like myself. Then I heard some footsteps returning and Jodie’s calling stopped. I ceased my calling as well.

The footsteps stopped short of the room I was in. Then I heard a couple of very long and loud, but muffled yells from Jodie. My heart was beating faster than ever, as I thought of what could be happening to poor Jodie. At worst, I thought that this lunatic was a sexual predator and was about to rape Jodie. I then thought of what he was going to do to me.

My worst fears were put to rest, and replaced with an even more terrifying one, when I heard a loud noise, and the yelling stopped.

Oh my God! He’s killed Jodie. I thought. This thought ran back and forth in my mind, as I frantically struggled to free myself from the ropes that bound me. This wasn’t a game anymore, it was life or death.

The footsteps started again, and drew closer and closer into the room. I continued struggling with all my strength, but in the end, it was a wasted effort.

The footsteps stopped at my side. I was yelling through the layers of tape, begging him not to spare my life, as I shed more tears than I had in my entire life. But all this was in vain, as I felt the cool metal barrel of the gun being placed at the side of my head.

My struggling, begging and crying didn’t cease until I heard the bang.

This is it, I thought. I’m dead.

I was then met with a blinding light. This must be heaven, I thought.

But after my eyes had recovered from having the blindfold taken off, I found that I was not in heaven, but still in Mark’s room. I looked at my legs, and they were still tied at the ankles and knees. I tugged at my hands, and they too, were still bound. I looked around the room, and I saw something that was the last thing I expected to see, kneeling down beside me on my right..

It was Jodie! That explained why a blindfold was put on first, and why my ‘assailant’ never spoke a word. She stood there, with a very big smile on her face. I saw a small cap gun at her side. She was holding my blindfold, which I saw to be nearly soaked.

“Finished crying yet, baby?” she taunted.

I tried to wipe the tears from my eyes, but found that my hands were still tied. She tipped the tape of my mouth. “Was it you all along?”

She gave a few quick nods, and laughed. “Yep. It was me all along.”

“So there’s no one in the house besides you and me?”

“Uh huh. Just you and me.”

I cursed her several times, but she didn’t mind, she just laughed.”

Just then the doorbell rang. I looked at the clock in Mark’s bedroom, it was only 5:15pm, and so it couldn’t have been my mum.

“Hang on, I’ll go see who it is.” she said, getting up from her kneeling position.

“Hey, untie me first. What if it’s your mum or dad.” I said quickly.

“If it’s my mum or dad, why would they ring the doorbell?” she rebutted.

She left the room, and went to answer the door. I was a little annoyed about the fact that I couldn’t have enjoyed being tied up, but rather had to endure nearly an hour of panic and fear.

After a few moments, Jodie came running back up the stairs.

“Shit, it’s Emma!” she said quickly. Emma was my sister, whom I mentioned in my first story.

My heart began racing again. “What’s she doing here? I thought my mum was supposed to pick me up.”

“Your mum’s here too, she’s waiting in the car?” she said, as she turned me over, and tried to undo the knots that bound my wrists. “Damn, they’ve tightened up, and now can’t undo them.”

“Go get some scissors or something,” I told her.

I don’t think she was too keen on cutting the rope, but then again, she didn’t want to be caught playing these games, so she quickly ran into her room to get a pair of scissors.

She came rushing back in, with scissors in hand. She bent down at my feet, and took some time in cutting them loose. She had almost cut the rope off my knees, when I saw something that I didn’t want to see. Emma, standing outside Mark’s bedroom door. She was looking on eagerly with a big grin on her face.

Jodie didn’t notice as her back was to the door, I looked at her, and motioned with my eyes for her to look behind her. She looked at me, and realised what I was trying to say. Her eyes widened, and she slowly turned her head towards the door.

Emma gave her a little wave with her hand, still with that big grin on her face.

“Um, err, we’re um…..just err…..playing around.” she managed to stammer out.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. I used to play tie up games as well.” Emma cheerfully said. She thought for a moment. “God, I can’t remember the last time I played one. It must’ve been a long time ago.”

Hearing this made me feel a little more relaxed than I was when I first saw her at the door. I think Jodie felt more relieved as well.

“Really? How come you never told me about them?” I asked her.

“You never asked, besides, I didn’t think that you were interested in this type of thing.” Emma said.

“Well, I wasn’t until a couple of weeks ago, when I was here.” I replied.

Jodie then explained how I had caught her and her brother playing their tie up tournament, and how I had become involved.

This was halted by the sound of a car’s horn going off.

I panicked, fearing that my Mum would eventually walk into the room and find me tied up as I was. “Quick, hurry up and untie me.”

Jodie picked up her scissors again, and finished cutting up the rope that held my knees. She quickly cut off the remaining pieces of rope, and the two girls helped me up.

I found it difficult to walk; my legs were almost numb from the struggling, and I managed to stagger down the stairs, with the assistance of Jodie and Emma. I stretched out when I reached the bottom of the stairs, and after walking a few paces by myself, I finally found my feet.

I quickly put my shoes on, and walked out behind Emma. Mum was in the car, and looked very annoyed. I turned round to Jodie and said goodbye. She gave me a wave, and disappeared into the house.

Back at my house, Emma and I had a good long talk about her tie up experiences. Apparently, she used to play when she was about 7 or 8, with a small group of friends, playing cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers and so forth. She told me that usually they would just tie each other’s hands and feet, and that they weren’t very good at it back then either. Everyone could get free in a couple of minutes, but it was still fun nonetheless.

I then told her about my few experiences, but I was a little reluctant to tell her about what happened that day. It was a little embarrassing telling her how I’d cried, but after I told her my stories, she let out a little laugh, and gave me a small cuddle.

She said that she would like to renew her interest in tie up games, and asked me whether she could join our little playgroup. I said that it was fine with me, but I’d have to ask Jodie first.

Seeing as she was very keen on playing tie up games, I decided to give her a refreshing session on the Wednesday.

That’s a story for next time, thanks for reading.

James
Australia