Kevin J : 02 - Ronald Ticks Us Off (mmf/m)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Kevin J : 02 - Ronald Ticks Us Off (mmf/m)

Post by Canuck100 »

Kevin J's stories
02 - Ronald Ticks Us Off
Story index at the bottom

By Kevin J

Saturday May 6th 2000 04:46:40

If you have enjoyed the stories involving my cousins Karen and Chrissy in "Cowboys and Indians," then allow me to share one with you involving Sharen and Ronald, cousins from my mother's side of the family.

As I have said in "Genesis" Sharen and her brother Ronald were the same ages as Karen and Chrissy. At the time of this story I was about nine, which made Matt and Sharen about seven and Ronald about six. There are a few differences that I need to point out that distinguish these two from the others.

The sister-to-sister relationship that Karen and Chrissy had was quite peaceful; I cannot remember an incident where the two bickered or fought (at least in my presence.) By contrast, I have no difficulty recalling cross words (or sometimes clenched fists) between Sharen and Ronald.

And did I mention that Ronald was a brat? Oh yes! Every time he went to town with his mother, he would throw a tantrum in the store and come back with several toys. When he was a toddler (please pardon this example), I saw his dad give him a sip of brewski (that's correct: beer) because he threw a hissy-fit for it in an upscale restaurant. Spoiled he was - and spoiled rotten!

Sharen and Ronald and their parents Carolyn and Ronald, Sr. had come to visit on this occasion. While the parents were chatting in the den, all of us kids were playing in our bedroom. We were having a good time playing 'Monopoly,' despite Ronald's constant complaining about paying rent when he landed on an opponent's properties. His sister, however, kept him in check most of the afternoon by responding, "Shut up, you baby!"

About an hour later, Ronald was getting creamed at this game; he only had about $150 left to him at this point and was starting to resent the rest of us for gleefully placing houses on the board. He abruptly stood up and announced, "I want to play something else!"

"Sit down and shut up," his sister replied, "the rest of us are having fun!"

Ronald did not sit down and he certainly did not shut up. "I want to play something else! This is no fun!"

Matt always had a penchant for pushing just the right buttons. He replied, "That's because you're losing." Ronald put his hands on his hips and stuck out his bottom lip in a pout as everyone else laughed and resumed the game.

Then Ronald upped the ante. Determined to get his way, he repeated the demands in a shrill crescendo, "I want to play SOMETHING ELSE!!!"

We all sprung to our feet, pursing our lips with our fingers. "Be quiet, Ronald," Matt and myself said in an excited whisper, "or your parents will hear you and you'll have to go home early!" Sharen was not as tactful, "If you make us go home early, I'll beat the mess out of you!"

But the brat stomped his feet, becoming more and more shrill. "I WANT TO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE!!!" He knew full well of what he was doing; by accelerating into a tantrum, he pobably figured we would give in rather than have his parents cut the afternoon short. He used a similar tactic all the time to coerce his mother into pacifying him with a toy on her shopping days.

Angry with the little heathen, I stared him down and sternly said, "If you don't shut up, we'll tie you up and throw you in the closet!"
He obviously did not consider that alternative for he immediately ceased the tantrum. His blue eyes were now big with concern as he sized us up; Sharen and Matt now flanked me on either side with approval, staring the little brat down.

Then Ronald did something dumb. Really, really dumb.

He said, "No, you won't."

Ronald could have swore at the Pope and got a more sympathetic audience; we jumped him and wrestled him down to the floor. He tried to scream, but Sharen gladly clamped his mout shut with her hand. Matt pinned him to the carpet with his hands behind his back and sat on his legs as I went to rummage in the sock drawer. I produced two pairs of calf-highs and went to the closet for the rest.

Our closet was a walk-in type with folding doors; the light switch was located on the wall to the right on the outside of it. As I flipped it on, I could hear Ronald muffle and squirm trying to break free and Sharen said to him, "If you're real good, we won't turn the lights out while you're in there!"

I swung the doors open, immediately going for the pair of plastic handcuffs in the toy box. Finding them, I reached up and selected the leather belt we used to play Cops and Robbers with; having notches from the start of it to the hasp, it could be cinched up all the way to the wrist and secured. I grab another for good measure, then leave the closet with my collection of fetters to bind the brat.

Matt shifted to allow me some room to subdue him; I clamped the cuffs on his wrists, securing them behind his back. I then paid attention to that shrill, grinding mout of his, rolling one of the socks in a tight ball. Holding that object closed to his clamped mouth, I say, "If you scream or spit this out, we'll gag you again and tickle you!" He chose to accept his fate with a nod. Sharen released his mouth and I shoved the sock in, securing it with its mate in a cleave- gag.

Next, I use the other pair of socks to pin his ankles together; I tie one horizontally, using the vertical bind to cinch it tighter (We found out through trial and error that socks could stretch to afford some comfort to the ankles, but not enough to give the victim any slack for escape.) Next came the belts; I select the multi-notched one to wrap around his chest and arms and the other to immobilize his knees and I cinched them tight.

We rise from our captive in triumph and proceed to drag him to his dungeon. (Admittedly, we wanted to literally throw him in, but weren't strong enough, of course.) The gag was indeed a fine work, for he could barely whimper as we slid him inside, left him flat on his belly, and closed him in (but left the light on.) We then 'dusted our hands off,' proud of the action we took. Ah, what blissful silence!

The game board ad been overturned by the melee, so Matt and myself stooped down to straighten it in order to continue playing; Sharen remained standing. I said to her, "C'mon, let's play some more and we'll let him out later." She stared at the closet and stated wickedly, "He's scared of the dark. He'd freak if I..."

Ronald had heard his sister, for I could hear him helplessly whimper. Then, she moved towards the light switch. I yelled "Don't!" but it was too late.

She flipped it off.

If Ronald had not been gagged, the scream within would have been deafening. "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMfft!!!"

Mortified, I sprung to the switch, restoring light to the dungeon as Matt and Sharen rolled hysterically on the floor. The screams within stopped; satisfied that no grown- ups were coming down the hall, I soon joined them in laughter and resumed our game.

After a few minutes, we could hear Ronald trying his best to plead with us through his gag, "ehff eee ohmf (let me go)." We decided that we meted out enough punishment to him, so we released him.

He showed us his gratitude for not tickling him by pouting in the corner for a while, followed by him going to the den and telling on us.

We all got scolded for jumping him and putting him in the closet, Sharen for turning the lights out, and Ronald for being a brat. Yes, we all got in trouble that day (and my father's man-to-man lectures were not pleasant.)

But it was worth it: Ronald never tried that bratty stunt on us again. And, best of all, our parents never told us to quit playing tie-up games.

Tell me what you think! E-mail me at the address shown below!

Kevin J
kbob_1701us@yahoo.com
USA