Viking : My adventures with the rainbow butterflies (Mffff/f)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Viking : My adventures with the rainbow butterflies (Mffff/f)

Post by Soraka »

by viking » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:36 am
it was in the middle of March 2013. i was standing in front 3 groups of scouts that had been competing the entire weekend in various tasks like map reading, first aid and lots of other things that are typical for scouts. i was wearing my scout uniform and stood with the results between Olimar and Austin who had helped out as the judges for the competition. i looked at one of the groups, they where 6 boys everyone of them was in the age 15-16 years old. to bad that some of the boys had been fooling around to much, because 3 of them really wanted to go next to the championship. it's sad how some of the guys in a group can screw it up for everyone else sometimes.
the next group was Caitlin B's group, they where a mixed group of boys and girls age around 13-15. they had been so close to winning with only a few points separating them from the winner.
the last group was 7 girls in the age 13-16. i saw them holding around each other as they waited for me to shout the results.
nobody in this room wanted to go more than them, and they had absolutely pulled out one hell of a fight during the competition.
"and the winner is…" i started saying, i noticed the girls grabbing on to each other even tighter.
"THE RAINBOW BUTTERFLIES!!!"
the girls screamed in happiness while the other teams just turned around disappointed. "OH MY GOD, WE WON, WE WON!" i could hear them shout.
as i walked up to them to congratulate them i saw the tears running down Riley's cheek. but it was not sadness, this was happy tears.
she struggled to find words when i said "congrats, how does it feel to know your group is going to the Norwegian championship in scouting?"
she tried to catch her breath "it is f***ing unbelievable".
Olimar and Austin congratulated them as well.

two weeks later, i was standing outside the scouts meeting house. it was still a lot of snow though it had started to melt away a bit.
the church was at the other side of the street and around the corner i saw a girl with a yellow jacket and curly brown hair walking toward my direction.
it was Riley, the 14 year old patrol leader for the rainbow butterflies. after they had won she had asked me if i could help them train the group so they would be ready for the actual championship. after all they had barely won the nomination, and they knew their weaknesses.
"hello" she greeted me.
"good afternoon. are the others far away?"
"they'll be here any minute"
this was not the first time i had met Riley. if you look back trough my old stories you will find one from a one of my old scout trips where two young girls called Riley and Kate asked me if i could go with them down to the lake for some fishing. somehow it ended up with a few simple TUG's being involved.
i should also introduce the other girls in the group.

since i already have introduced the patrol leader i guess i should introduce the patrol leader assistant next.
her name was Meg, she was a 13 year old girl and the shortest person in the group. she had red-brownish hair to her neck.

then it was Kate. the same girl that been with Riley back when they asked me to come fishing with them. a red-haired 15 year old girl and the tallest of them.

Ellie, 13 years old but soon to be 14. tan skin and long black hair as she had her origins from south-eastern Asia.

Tara, a blonde girl who also would turn 14 soon.

Sabella, a dark skinned 16 year old girl. she didn't show up at any of the meetings i would be having for them, but at least she showed up for the championship.

then the last of the girls, Tanja. i have already introduced her in my previous stories. she's 16 years old and was able to choose if she wanted to be with the rovers or if she wanted to stay with her old group for another year. she had chosen to do both because she wanted to be with the older scouts as she at the same time wanted to be with her friends that still wasn't old enough for joining the rovers.
i found out later that it was actually her suggestion to have Riley ask me to let me train them, i think they preferred having someone who was closer to their age and able to understand them better. after all i was young enough to be their older brother.

back to the story. Riley and i went inside and took of our jackets as we waited for the to others come.
Tara and Sabella did not show up on this meeting, surprisingly Eire had. just like Tanja she was old enough to choose where she wanted to be and had chosen to do both for the very same reasons as Tanja.
but Eire was not technically on this group, so i had to ask "why is Eire here as well?"
"we thought she could be a spare in case we had to switch one of the team members"
"Eire, you are welcome to participate on the meetings i'll be having with the rainbow butterflies, but according to the rules we are not allowed to switch between the members. so you can not go to Oslo with them in june, but if you want to join us on the meetings for the sake of learning that's okay".
she understood what i was saying and agreed.

"now, let's have a look at the list you sent me of things you need to learn and some other things you have to prepare" i said.
it was a lot of things i had to go trough with them, and considering that it was only 10 weeks left until the championship i did not have much time.
"first of all, you'll need something that shows you are all on the same group. something that indicates that you are the rainbow butterflies. that alone will give you extra points in the championship".
"yeah, we already looked at that" Riley spoke "we thought that everyone should be wearing a cap of some kind, we have been looking around and figured out we could order custom made from the internet with our names and group logo on. and what position we have, for an instance you will have scout leader"
wait a minute… did she just say that i would have one of those caps?
"uh, hold on… one for me?"
"yeah if you want one…"
"why would i need one?"
"we talked about it, and we all agreed that we rather have you as our scout leader when we travel to Oslo. but we probably should have asked you first if you are available".
now this was an interesting turn of events, they actually wanted me to be their scout leader for the trip down there too.
not quite what i had signed up for.
"let me check my calendar" i said "well, i'm supposed to travel to Oslo the day after the championship anyway and stay over at my brothers place before we head to England together. i guess i could take an extra day off from my job and stay one night longer at my brother after the championship is over".
"that would be great, we really don't want to travel with any of the other leaders" Meg said from the other side of the table we where sitting around.

and so it was official. i am a metal and punk music enthusiast who's working as a bartender and a chef. have previously worked as a butcher so i am practically used to be covered in blood and at the moment i earn money by serving alcohol. i support anarchy, enjoy whiskey, have tattoos and planned on getting even more.
and now i was also the scout leader for a bunch of girls in the group rainbow butterflies.
am i hardcore or what?

"alright, back to the training" i said "for the first aid, Olimar had promised that he would teach you a lot. the guy is a medic in the army so i can't think of anyone better for teaching you that stuff. map orientation, how is your skills at that stuff?"
the girls looked at each other before Meg spoke "we suck, we only had luck during the nomination"
"okay, i'll see what i can do then. cooking, i'm a chef so i should be able to teach you some basics" i continued speaking "tying ropes, i can teach you a lot of that stuff too".
yep, tying ropes is a basic when it comes to being a scout, i guess we all know where this is heading.
"how about braiding, do you know how to do that?"
Meg looked at me funny "hello, we are girls, of course we know how to do that".
Riley started studying my facial hair as she said "can i try to braid your beard?"
i hadn't been shaving at all for about 2 months now, my friend O-B was trying to describe what my face looked like at the moment and he had called it a bloody christmas tree.
"wait until we are in Oslo, my beard should be even longer by then".

i kept going trough the list of things that they needed to learn more about, and holy diver it was a lot. i had no idea how i should be able to teach them everything considering that i had my job and the rover meetings as well to take care off. if i could manage to have one meeting with the rainbow butterflies once a week i could teach them about everything that was on the list, but some of those things would need more than just one simple meeting. for an instance they would not be able to learn enough about map orientation in just one meeting.
"i'll see what i can do, but be aware about one thing" i said "the things i'll teach you now is only the thing that we are 100% guaranteed that will be among the tasks. half of the tasks are unknown until you actually get them, and i won't be able to train you for that".
they could see my point, they wanted to win this but it was impossible to prepare them for everything.
"now, the judges in Oslo is probably going to be different from the way Olimar, Austin and i was at the nomination. according to Austin he thought that i was way to picky about the scoring system and said that the judges at the actual championship wouldn't even be nearly as strict about everything as i was, but then again Austin says a lot of strange things".
i looked around, the girls were paying close attention to what i was saying.
"another thing you should be prepared for is what some of the judges might say to you. last summer it was a huge mess in the news because a couple of girls had gotten raped at a scout camp by one of the leaders, that was here in Norway. i'm not saying that it will happen now, but you should be aware about it. who knows, one of the judges could come to you and claim he can get you a better score if you let him touch your boobs or something"
Kate's eyes widened "could something like that happen?"
"most likely no, i doubt it will and there is no reason to be scared that something like this could happen. but it has been lot of talk about it in the media so i feel like i should prepare you for a situation like this just in case it actually should happen to any of you"
"and if it does happen, what do we do then?" Meg asked.
"good question, what would you say to him?"
"we tell him no!" Tanja was not doubting on this one at all.
"exactly, and if anything like this happens you tell me at once. find me, let me know who it was and i will kick the f***er so hard in the ass that he'll bleed out of his nose"
"really, you will?" Meg said.
"well, probably not… but i'll take care of him somehow".
Riley smiled "good to know".

as we finally had gotten trough the entire list i decided that we should start practicing what we could now at once.
"let's start with reporting in and reporting out when you get to a task, as you all probably know already when Lord Baden Powell created the scouts he based it on the Indonesian military system. so whenever you'll get to a task you have to report the group to the judges. that is your job Riley, and if Riley's isn't available for some reason then it's your job Meg" i said as i pointed at them.
i had them all line up and showed them exactly how to stand, what to say and how to behave during the report. we had gone trough this at the nomination as well, but not as much in details as i did with them now. and a good thing i did, the girls struggled with staying serious when i stood in front of them pretending to be a judge. most of them laughed trough the entire segment to begin with. i had to switch place with Riley as well and let her pretend to be the judge while i was showing her how she was supposed to do it properly.
after 7 attempts they finally made it without anyone laughing. good, then maybe they have gotten it out of their system.

"okay, i'll guess that should do for now" i said "we still have a lot of time left. do you want to end it for today or should we try to get as much as possible out of this meeting?"
Riley was optimistic "i think we should try to do as much as we can today".
"alright then, i happen to have some ropes laying in the car. do you want to learn a few knots?"
that seemed to be fine with them, i got a few lengths with white cotton rope from my car and went back inside.
i showed them most of the basics, like for an instance the difference between a reef knot and a granny knot. just for showing off i tied a reef knot behind my back and told them when they were able to do the same that's when they had truly mastered it.
i showed them a few other knots i knew, among them a mooring knot that you make by simply pulling two loops over each other with the ending from each tip of the rope inside to form a knot.
to show them how it worked i pulled the loops over Riley and tightened it "like this"
"look guys, i've been moored" she said as i took it off again.

next i showed them the hangman's knot, Riley struggled a lot with this one but Tanja and Kate by the other hand seemed to figure it out rather fast. Riley got annoyed when she didn't figure it out and threw the rope at me "stupid rope" she said.
"behave Riley, or you will be punished" Kate said as she pulled down the loop from the hangman's knot she had made over Riley's head. now she didn't tighten it of course but i told her to be careful with doing something like that anyway just to make sure nobody actually got hanged.
"the ropes are a little long though" Kate stated out "wouldn't it be easier to form the knots if they were shorter?" Kate said as she tied the other end of the rope to a shelf hanging on the wall.
"probably".
meanwhile Riley looked at Kate with an evil eye "i'm not your dog".
"hey Viking, would you mind if we cut the rope a little?" she asked me.
"well, i guess we could cut one of them".
Riley stood up and said "i'll get a knife from the kitchen".
as she was about to walk i started to say "you still have the rope around your…" that's how far i got before Riley got pulled back by the rope around her neck.
"BAH" i heard her say.
"Riley your such an idiot" Kate said.
"the f***ing rope bit me" Riley laughed as she pulled it off.
"okay, seriously… no more hanging each other" i said with an strict voice "i don't want anyone dead… and did you just say that the rope bit you? that doesn't make any sense".
Riley ran upstairs to the kitchen and got back with the knife that she gave to me, i used it to cut one of the ropes into smaller pieces and then we continued the lecture.

we kept on for another 5 minutes, Riley was still trying to figure out the hangman's knot but without any success.
"seriously Riley, you can't figure it out?" Kate said and took the loop from her hangman's knot around Riley's right wrist "see, this is how it's supposed to work".
Riley started to shake her arm.
"hey, get it off me".
all off a sudden Kate jumped on top of Riley and started wrestling with her.
Meg looked at me and said "uh Viking, are you gonna do something about that?"
i thought about it for a little and then said "you know, if you tie her up that would be a good way to test if you have learned how to tie those knots"
Meg and the rest of the girls looked at Riley with an evil grin and jumped her as well. except Eire, she looked at her cell phone and said "my mom is here, so i have to go now".
everybody said goodbye to Eire and then they continued fighting Riley.
"NO! i'm not an animal!" Riley shouted at them as they kept wrestling her.
she pulled off one hell of a fight, i give her that.
as everyone was wrestling with Riley she kept saying "i'm not an animal! i'm not an animal! i'm not an animal! i'm not an animal! i'm not an animal!"
i by the other hand just found myself a nice comfy chair and sat down as i studied the work they were doing.

eventually Riley got tired and the other girls managed to tie her wrists behind her back, then they went down to her feet and started with her ankles as well wrapping another rope around her red pants.
"i'm not an animal! i'm not an animal! i'm not an animal!" she kept saying.
i couldn't resist and just had to say it "well, technically speaking you are since the humans are related to the monkeys".
"how can you let them do this to me? you're supposed to be our leader"
"i think it's a good way for them to learn how to secure the knots they are tying"
"yeah, but i'm not learning anything!"

after tying her feet they seemed to wonder what to do next.
"you should tie her to an object or something, like that chair over there or the support pole in the middle of the room".
"hey b****, stop giving them advices" Riley shouted to me (yeah, she actually called me a that).
they took another rope and started tying it around her body so her arms got pinned to her back as well. 4 against 1, not really a fair number.
next they placed her in the red chair i had pointed out and tied the end of the rope toward the back of it.
i walked up and inspected the work they had done.
"not bad" i said "i got more rope in the car if you want".
Kate, Ellie, Meg and Tanja all said happily "YES PLEASE" while Riley was saying "even more? isn't this enough?"
i walked a short trip to my car and came back with a red rope that was 30 meters long "this should do".
i dropped the rope in front of them, Riley's eyes widened and Kate seemed even more excited than ever, she was just like a kid about to open a christmas present.
"now how are we going to do this?" Kate was wondering.
"my suggestion is that you take her out of the chair and then tie her to the support pole with that rope" i said.
"will shut your f***ing mouth and stop giving them all those cruel ideas?"
"hey, i'm supposed to teach you how to tie knots. how can i do that without telling them what to do?"
"but i'm not learning a d*** s***, and i'm not some f***ing animal!"

by the time she had spoken the other girls had managed to lift her out of the chair and push her back against the pole, they forced her to sit down on the floor and Kate had the honor of tying the rope around Riley's body and the pole.
Riley was staring at Kate and the others with an evil grin on her face "i'm your f***ing patrol leader, you are supposed to threat me with respect".
"to bad i don't f***ing respect you then" Kate smiled back at Riley.
"b***…"

the rope was starting to cover up the logo on Riley's brown sweater, and they still haven't used half of it.
"you know what, i don't feel like walking around in circles anymore with this rope. i think i'll just tie it to the feet of this table" Kate said and also did.
understandable, after all this was the longest rope i had in my car.
"why don't you take a picture? it last longer!" Riley said and the girls pulled out their smartphones and started taking pictures and filming the captive "i didn't mean it!"
Riley studied her bounds and said "are you done? can i try to get free now?"
Kate nodded her head.
one thing that Kate had not thought about was that the rope she had tied around Riley and the pole was not really secured properly, something that Riley discovered as she tried using her feet to push herself to the side.
"hey, i can still rotate" she said with a smile and started rotating around the pole to loosen the rope that held her back to it "hehehe, you failed b***".
Kate was dissapointed "d***it" she said. how could it be she forgot to think about that tiny detail.
but something happened next. the white rope they had used to tie around Riley's arms and body before they tied her to the pole with the red rope was still having the loose end from when they tied her to the chair, and that loose end somehow managed to get stuck to the pole between the red rope.
suddenly Riley stopped and i noticed the white rope had tightened.
"F*** IT!" she shouted.
"what?"
"something is holding me back, i can't move any further"
i pointed at the white rope that held her back and said "that's the reason why, whenever she moves to her left that rope holds her back, and the best part is if she moves to the right she will only tighten the red rope".
Kate was amazed as she shouted "i'm a genius!"

Kate grabbed her phone to take another picture of Riley "hey Riley, your hair is in the way. i can't get a picture of your face".
"maybe i don't want you to see my face"
"i got a hairband" Ellie said.
"me too"
"so do i"
next thing i saw was the girls pulling up Riley's hair and make the hairbands hold it up in the silliest piggy tails i have ever seen.
"so… i guess i should check just to make sure. are you alright?" i asked.
"am i alright? let's see where do i begin… first they kill me, then they beat me up, next they tie me up, and then just to make it worse they f***ing rape my hair".
Kate grinned "poor Riley, we are always so mean to her".
"yeah, you love being mean to me" Riley answered with a childish voice.

next thing a phone started vibrating on the table.
"who's phone is that?" Ellie asked.
"it's mine" Riley responded quickly.
"do you want to answer it?"
"nah, it's just my mom"
"how do you know that?"
"i can tell by the ringing"
Kate looked at Riley with one of her eyebrows raised "but it's on silent".
"i know my mom to well, and beside it's not on silent, it's on vibrator".
Kate looked even funnier at Riley now "your phone is on Vibrator?"
Riley quickly realized what she had said hastily said "I MEANT VIBRATION! it is on vibration… d***it why do i always confuse those two words"
"you little pervert" Kate said to her.

i looked at my clock and figured it was getting late "you should untie her now"
all the ropes they had been using, it took us 10 minutes to untie her completely. when Riley finally was free she crawled under a table where she sat with her feet crossed and gave the others a sad look.
"come on Riley, you we didn't mean it when we said we don't respect you" Kate said.
"yeah, come on… we didn't mean you any harm" Meg said as well.
Riley smiled at them "oh, i can't be mad at you guys" she was about to stand up and then BOOM! she crashed her head in the table she was hiding under.
"Riley, stop hurting yourself" Kate laughed at her.
"i didn't hurt myself, the table hurt myself" she said.

we ended the meeting and i stuffed the ropes back in my car. Riley lived in the same direction as me so i gave her a ride home.
while we were driving we talked a bit about what i planned for the upcoming meetings i would be having with them, also checked if she really was alright after the treatment the others just gave her.
she was fine, didn't really bother her that much even though she acted a little dramatic during the TUG.
meanwhile i had no idea that this was only the beginning.