The Ghost : 01 - The Ghost story (m+/m)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

The Ghost : 01 - The Ghost story (m+/m)

Post by Canuck100 »

The Ghost's stories
01 - The Ghost story
Story index at the bottom

By The Ghost

Wednesday February 16th 2000 12:07:19

Pardon me for starting this relation mid-stream, suffice it to tell you that this was in my days when I was a member that youth group you don't mention. The whole thing started with challenges of who could catch who first and force a surrender,. It was way back in the late 50s early 60s (blimey am I that old).

We had arranged to start the game the following, but I decided to get the drop on them if I could. The I was myself, I was with Denny and Berny - We were up against another group of three lads -
there name will develop. This is a long story so I will probably post it over a few weeks. There is quite a lot I don't actually remember, thoughts are vague, so I have embellished and embroidered the story.

Let me know if I'm over/under doing it.

PS I am a Brit so please forgive any cross-pond interpretations :-)
I hope the HTML works ok.. if not I'll learn.Or you can teach ;-)

I pick up the story as I was trying to locate the enemy site, (before the game had really started remember)

The Ghost's story part one

Something brushed my cheek and I uttered an involuntary exclamation, striking out with my hand, but it was only a cream month. I moved forward again, looking down every half-dozen yards at the compass in my palm; sometimes the light was so poor that the dot of luminous paint which marked north glowed dully. I tried to walk very quietly, avoiding the bushes, making a detour round the clumps of rank weeds, pausing constantly to listen.

Then I suddenly smelt it; the unmistakable scent of woodsmoke. I sucked my finger and held it above my head, for the breeze which bore the scent to my nostrils was so slight and small that I could not tell from which direction it cam. But it chilled the left side of my finger; it was blowing form the east, so the fire must be to my left.I moved with infinite caution now, going from trunk to trunk I approached a small clearing with a haze of grey smoke above the ground, a little pile of warm ashes in a small rectangle cut in the soil. I knew that someone, one of them, would soon be back to fully dampen out the fire and replace the turf . I stepped into the shadow of a large beech tree and sat cross legged, to wait for them.

Something stirred the grass behind me, some small creature of the woods.... Then a cloth was thrown over my eyes and my arms were seized and pinioned. With a sickening jolt of complete surprise I found myself flung face down on the earth. Fighting, kicking, struggling, my cries were quickly muffled and a knee thrust into the small of my back.

The cloth was tied over my eyes and my arms were pulled behind me, my wrists where secured behind my back with a length of sizal. One of my unseen captors pulled my legs together and firmly tied my ankles. Only then did the one kneeling on me get off and rolled me onto my back. I had earth in my mouth and spat it out. "It's no good shouting" one of them said, "If you do we'll only have to gag you"

I was fuming at the indignation of my capture. I could see nothing and the string binding my wrists bit deeply into my skin, the ropes round my feet were not quite as painful as I was wearing thick socks.

"You thought you'd get the drop on us didn't you? Well hard luck on you." one of them said.

"Let's dump him on the other side of the woods, give him more time to realise that we are the best."

I heard one of them come over and untie my feet. I kicked out, but missed. I was pulled to my feet, one either side, and marched me through the woods. All the time I struggled and dragged my feet,
but I was no match for the two of them, they heaved me forward without speaking. Eventually I was pushed to the ground and rolled onto my stomach. I struggled hard but with my wrists firmly tied
behind my back, I had little chance.

One of them held my legs together whist the other bound them at the ankles and just below my knees. I was glad that I was wearing long socks. I then felt yet another passed over my shorts and pulled tightly against my thighs. Finally another rope was tied around my arms securing them to my side.

"There now," one said," that'll hold you for a while then you can go back and tell your mates how rubbish you are so you might as well quit and be our slaves for the rest of the week."

Then everything went quiet.

I laid there for quite a while, 'til I was sure they had gone. Then I started to struggle to get out of the ropes - all I managed to do was make the string on my wrists tighten up. I did manage to bring my knees up and rubbed them against the bandage round my eyes. At last I could see again. Not that that would help me get free, these blighters certainly knew their knots. I had just about given up when my hand rubbed against the hilt of my knife. They must have seen it on my belt when they tied my legs so I assume that they left with me it so I had a chance of escape. Looking around I saw the stump of a large tree. I managed to roll over to it. This was actually quite painful the ground was rough and I was tied at my ankles, knees, thighs, arms and wrists. Rolling some twenty feet or so trussed up rubbed like mad.

Once at the roots I managed to wriggle the knife out of its sheath and wedge it in the ground blade up.

Another five minutes or so I had managed to cut the string from around my wrists, after that I retrieved the knife and quickly cut off the rest of the ropes. Free at last - though I must have been there for a good hour

Boy were they going to pay!

The Ghost
UK