Vakira : A Kind of Tragic (F/M)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Vakira : A Kind of Tragic (F/M)

Post by Soraka »

by Vakira » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:12 pm

She stared at her reflection I the bathroom mirror. There was no amount of makeup that would disguise how tired she was. She felt twice her age. She stepped back and gazed upon herself in her pink, sequinned dress. All she could do was tell herself over and over it was worth it. She was doing it for him.
She gathered herself, straightened her dress and exited the bathroom. She entered the living room and despite her best attempt to maintain positivity, her heart sank as soon as her eyes fixed on him.
Chris stood, feverishly unpacking a sack liked a disgruntled boy scout trying to find a missing and essential tent peg.
To the floor fell various ropes, chains padlocks and other assorted apparel. She saw the look on his face. She knew that look. This was going to be a long night.
“Come on.” He didn't even look at her “I've unpacked all this shit so we better get going. The show’s only a week away and I want to get it right without you screwing it up again”
She took a heavy inhale and walked up to him.
“Now this for the big finish, you need the rope for my hands, the chain for my waist and the cuffs for my ankles. Okay?”.
She nodded
“Okay!?” he reiterated. “Yes” she hurriedly replied. “What did I just say?”
“Chains on the wrists…”
“NO! I said ropes on the wrists.”
“Chris please stop shouting. I’m tired and I’m doing my best” She knew he wouldn’t. “Just get on with it, Amy!” She picked up a length of rope and stood behind him, he placed his hands behind him and as she began tying the knots, she was struck with a sudden moment of clarity. She finished fastening the knots. “Ow!” Chris protested. “That’s a bit tight. Have you done it right?” “O yes..” she responded. Chris began twisting his wrists around. “Hold up, this is too tight! I can’t get my hands loose!” and with almighty sarcasm, she answered “You don’t say?”
Amy stood in front of Chris, his face as contorted as his body as he writhed around trying to get free. She pushed him backwards onto a waiting chair. She removed her hair pin and allowed her long brown hair to fall naturally. She closed her eyes, took another breath and brushed her hair out of her eyes. “You know Chris, I have been your ‘assistant’ now for the past 5 years. The smiling, listless eye candy to your hackneyed ‘illusionist’ character. 5 Years of these shitty gigs and scummy venues just to support your delusions of grandeur.” Chris attempted to get up but Amy immediately forced him back onto the chair. “Untie me! Right now Amy!” “No Chris! No more! No more trips to New Jersey in your shitty van! No more kids parties and no more being a dumping ground for your personal shit!” She looked down at the ground to compose herself “I only did all this because I cared about you. You could have treated me better. You should have treated me better.” Chris continued to wriggle around in the chair “You shouldn’t have taken everything out on me” she continued. “And you really shouldn’t have taught me how to tie inescapable knots” She broke into a smile as she began removing her gaudy dress. She picked up her shirt and jeans from the kitchen counter and got dressed
“You’re going to be really sorry when I get out of this!” “WHY!? What are you going to do, Chris? Make m wear another terrible dress? Make me miss my Dad’s birthday? Or my sister’s graduation? AGAIN!!?” She walked up to him and slipped off his bow tie “And you can’t even tie this thing without my help”
She picked up his magician’s jacket and put it on. It was way too big for her, but she decided to wear it anyway. “Okay, okay, Amy…” Chris began. “I’m sorry, just untie me and we can talk about this.” He gave off the most insincere smile.”
“I like this Jacket. I’m wearing this”
“Amy come on” Amy reached into the left sleeve and began pulling out lengths and lengths of knotted scarves. “Oh this is cool” she exclaimed. She waked over to Chris again and knelt in front of him and began tying his feet to the chair legs with the scarves.
“AMY! This is your last warning!” She looped the remaining lengths of the scarves around his body and pulled it so tight she heard the chair creaking.
“There” she declared. “A job well done. Now where’s your hat?”
“STOP!” Chris shouted “Just stop will you? You don’t want to do this!”
“And how the Hell do you know what I want?!” she snapped. Chris continued to struggle. He refused to give up the fight despite his obvious inability to escape. “5 years and you never ONCE asked me if I was happy!” She walked to the kitchen table and picked up his top hat. With a stylish flick she sat it neatly upon her head and went back to clearing the various items from the table. “Left all your shit on top of my acceptance letter. That’s right Chris, I got accepted to college. I’m going to be a nurse! ”
She picked up an apple from the kitchen table and took a small bite. She stood right in front of Chris and with a wicked smile, nuzzled her knee into the centre of his groin. He leant forward, as much as he could and with great force she shoved the apple into his mouth, gagging him.
“You look like a hog roast” She turned and walked into the bedroom only to emerge almost immediately with a duffle bag. “Packed this a while ago. Can’t believe it’s taken me this long just to finally do it”
“MMMmmmmhh” Chris cried. Amy decided to take advantage “What’s that Chris? Smash your I-pod? Well if you insist..” She walked over to the cabinet and picked up a black I-pod. She gave it a brief glance before dropping it on the floor and stomping on it. “MMMMHH MMM mHHHHHHH!!!”
Amy looked up at Chris. “What? Now you want me to pour soda in your PS3?” “MMMMMNNNNNN!!!!!” “AND give your Armani jacket away to Goodwill? Chris what’s gotten into you” Amy Checked the fridge. “Well, the Pepsi is mine, so I don’t want to waste that, but here’s your beer, that will do.”
Chris watched in horror as Amy opened the beer, had a quick sip, then walked over to the TV and poured its contents all over the electrics. With a confident stride she approached Chris, now red in the face. “You’re looking a tad hot. Let me cool you off.” With that, the remainder of the beer was deposited on his head.
“Oh and by the way…” She removed his hat held it in her right hand and plunged her left hand inside. As she withdrew it she pulled out a small, white rabbit and held it to her chest. “I’m keeping Bugs. Fuck you!” She threw his hat away, picked up her bag and walked to the door. Just as she was about to close it she shouted back.
“And the cleaning lady is off tomorrow! Fuck you”
She slammed the door behind vowing never to deal with that obnoxious prick again.