Burke : 08 - Grounded! (f/mm)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Burke : 08 - Grounded! (f/mm)

Post by Canuck100 »

Burke's stories
08 - Grounded!
Story index at the bottom

By Burke

Thursday November 11th 1999 01:46:06

Grounded!!!

GROUNDED!!! Billy, Ray, and I were grounded. We'd gotten into some cake in the fridge, and eaten it for lunch or a snack, and Mom was not too pleased. (And it was good, too!!)

Our punishment was relatively mild. We could not go out of the house for the next three days. However, we could have friends over, but that was no big deal. No one that we knew wanted to spend a nice summer day inside a house - any house - when there was so much else to do outside.

Naturally, Cathy was gloating over our misfortune. She had escaped the grounding because she had been out at the time we'd gotten into the cake. She didn't say a lot, but we could tell by the twinkle in her eyes, that she thought our situation was terribly funny, and there was little doubt that she was working on a way to make it even worse for us.

Billy and I had been up late, and did not get up until around 9:00 AM. We were surprised to see Cathy still here, as she was usually out the door by 8:00. Ray was on the phone, trying to get one of his friends to come over, but was having no success. Billy took over, and tried to get some of our friends, but his luck was about as good as Ray's. Meanwhile, I poured us both a bowl of cereal, and started to eat.

Suddenly, Ray rushed in, and said that he's talked Mike into coming over for a bit. Mike was a new kid in the neighborhood, who had just turned 10, and whose most distinguishing feature was fire-red hair. (In fact, his nickname was "Firehair.") He'd be here in about 30 minutes. Billy and I finished our cereal, and headed upstairs to get dressed. Then came Cathy's voice, dripping with honey, laced with poison.

"Oh Burke!" "Oh Billy!" We turned, and asked, in unison, "What?"

"I want to take one of my penalties on you before I go out today!" Under our rules, we had to let her do it. She looked over at Ray, and said "You, too!"

She marched us up to Billy's and my bedroom, and found the bag of rope and bandanas in our closet.

"Can we get dressed?" I asked.

Cathy replied that she liked us the way we were - in our sweat pants and T-shirts. (It had been a cool night, and we'd slept in our sweat pants, rather than in pajamas.)

After getting out the rope, she bound our hands behind us, then made Billy and I sit in our desk chairs. She tied our ankles, then tied our upper bodies to the back of the chairs. More rope bound our lower legs to the chair legs, and our upper legs to the chair seat. Since there was only two chairs, she tied Ray to the footboard of Billy's bed. After getting us all tied, she gagged us with bandanas, and headed out the bedroom door.

"Don't go anywhere!" she chirped.

It wasn't likely. First, she had tied us pretty good, and second, since we were all tied to something, we could not get around back to back, to pick each other's knots. We were stuck until she decided to come back and untie us.

Not five minutes after she had left the bedroom, we heard the doorbell. I thought to myself that it was probably Mike, and it was. Knowing Cathy, we imagined the conversation went something like:

"Hi, Cathy. Where's Ray?"

"He and the twins are a little tied up right now, but they asked me to send you right up. Top of the stairs, first door on the right."

The door closed, and a few seconds later, Mike walked in to find the three of us, all wearing sweat pants and T- shirts, helplessly tied and gagged. Mike thought it was funny, and started to laugh.

"Et uff oww uff iss!" I muffled through my gag. Mike laughed some more, then went to Ray, and pulled his gag down.

"What happened to you guys?" he asked. But it was plain that he already knew.

"Untie me!" yelled Ray. Mike got Ray loose, then the two of them untied Billy and me. First order of business: Swear revenge on Cathy. But she was gone, and not likely to return until way late in the afternoon. Meanwhile, Mike continued to giggle, then let slip "Wait 'til I tell the rest of the guys that you were all tied up by a GIRL!! And couldn't get out!!" Ray gave him a dirty look, and said that he'd better not tell anyone, if he wanted to be alive for his 11th birthday.

Mike had planned to spend only an hour or so, but would up spending most of the day. We did the kid things, like watch a game show or two on TV, then played Monopoly, followed by our version of "Hog Tie the Rustler," where we competed against the clock, (I won), and finally, a game of "Hide and Go Seek," where "it" was tied up, and the rest of us had until "it" got loose, to hide. When caught by "it," the captive was taken to the base (our bedroom) and tied. If he could get loose, he could go and hide again, but the rule was that he could not have any help from anyone, not even another captive. He had to get out strictly on his own.

Around 4:00 PM, Mike went home, but before he did, Ray asked him if he would come back tomorrow. Mike was very enthusiastic in his acceptance, and asked two favors: The first, was could he come an hour or so earlier, and the second, was if he could wear Ray's other pair of sweat pants. We thought the second request was odd, but we found out later that the reason was because Mike liked Ray, and, for some reason, admired us, and wanted to be like us, and wear what we wore. It may have been odd, but it was not unreasonable, and Ray agreed - both to letting Mike come early, and to letting him wear the sweat pants.

After Mike had gone, the three of us recoounted the events of the day, and renewed our vow of revenge on Cathy for letting Mike find us all tied and gagged. Ever the optimist, Ray reminded us that it could have been worse.

"How?" we asked. Ray grinned.

"If it had been a warmer night, we'd have been in pajamas, not sweats, and Mike would have found us tht way." Billy snickered, and said that Ray was right.

I gave him a hard look, and said "I don't even want to think about that."

END
Burke