PH : 23 - Playing Cowboys and Indians (mm/ff, ff/mm)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

PH : 23 - Playing Cowboys and Indians (mm/ff, ff/mm)

Post by Canuck100 »

PH's stories
23 - Playing Cowboys and Indians
Story index at the bottom

By PH

Friday October 8th 1999 11:42:30

I believe the way kids play war-games is mostly the same all over the world, and has been the same for many, many decades. Playing Cowboys and Indians, pirates or any other type of "run-hide-shoot-capture-game" is probably one of the most common way of playing within a group of young kids. It's mostly done by boys, but girls join up in these games also, (happy grin).

When I was in my early teens, we used to play Cowboys and Indians or pirates very frequently. These games developed into kidnapping-games and pure tie-up games, but at the age of thirteen, playing Cowboys and Indians was most fun for me. During the summers I spent nearly every second awake with my friend Joe and his cousins Jenny and Sarah. Joe's younger brothers, Peter and Hank joined in our games occasionally, but especially Hank was a bit too small to participate. With a total of five participants, the war-games were often more like Joe and me hiding in the woods and attacking the girls and Peter, who tried to find us.

What I liked mostly about these games was (yes have a guess!) the capturing and tying of a prisoner. It was as funny to tie a prisoner up, making him/her unable to escape, as it was thrilling to have the challenge of being tied up myself, trying to escape. And of course there was the element of "Indian-torture", tickling a tied-up prisoner for fun or to extract some information. I always had a feeling of thrilling sensation in my stomach whenever a tie-up was about to happen. I know both Joe and I sported visual signs of "excitement" on occasion during the tie-up games, and the girls noticed and mocked us about it. But the thrilling feeling of a good tie-up could more be described as that of riding a really good roller-coaster or performing a bungy-jump.

Playing tie-up games with some of your closest friends had the advantage of it "being safe", in other words, you trusted your friends not to hurt you, and you never intended to hurt any of your friends while tying them up. (The same applies to adult bondage, never play with someone you cannot trust completely.) Of course we tried our best to make up the most nasty ways to tie our friends up, not to mention the best ways to tease and torment a bound prisoner. But in the end, you knew you were going to be released within a limited time if you did not escape.

Well, this ranting and babbling on my part will eventually lead to something. (I hope you scrolled if you were bored!)

An ordinary game of Cowboys and Indians during the summer we were thirteen would usually start with some sort of a challenge. Joe and I dared the girls to try and capture us in the woods. We would of course try to ambush them as they came after us. Joe took some nicely shaped small stones from the beach and put them in a tin-box as a treasure. We ran away into the woods and buried the treasure behind an old tree, then went into hiding behind some bushes. After a while Sarah and Jenny came running, pony-tails flapping in the wind, water-pistols ready. They were dressed as usual in jeans and T-shirts, wearing sneakers without socks. Jumping out of the bushes we made two perfect hits with our own guns, soaking their T-shirts. According to the rules they had to surrender.

We ordered them to sit on the ground and remove their sneakers. We produced two lengths of rope and started to tie their hands behind them. Rolling them on to their stomachs, we tied their ankles together and secured the girls' feet to small saplings, placing them about three metres apart. They could not untie each other. Finally came the gags, bandanas with knots in the middle, making our captives pleasantly silent. Two girls on the ground, bound hand and foot and gagged, huge eyes above the gags and muffled angry grunts, what a lovely sight! We used some twigs to tickle their feet a little before we left them there.

Making our way back to the beach we made a bet on how long they would remain tied up. Both girls were really good at escaping, and about fifteen minutes was what we agreed on. On the beach we kicked off our sneakers and spent some time wading in the shallow water, looking for some of the small fish usually staying there. Half an hour went by and still no sign of the girls. Had we managed to tie them up that good? We decided to go back and release them.

Silently, playing the perfect Indian scouts, we went through the woods, our bare feet not making the slightest noise. We came up to the small clearing where we had left the girls and found - a pile of ropes and two discarded gags. Kneeling behind a thick shrubbery we peeked out, searching for our former captives. Then: SPLASH! Water hit us from behind and the triumphant laughter of Jenny and Sarah filled the air. They ordered us to surrender, and we had no option. Soon both Joe and I were sitting on the ground, our hands firmly tied behind us.

Now it was interrogation time. We both knew what that meant. They placed us sitting with our backs to a fallen log and tied our upper bodies to the log. With great effort they dragged a smaller log in front of us and tied our feet on top of it. They had us completely at their mercy, we could not move at all. The interrogation began and of course we tried to keep silent. They tickled us until we finally gave up and told them where the treasure was. After finding it, they gagged us and left us there.

They would not come back until an hour had passed, and we tried our best to escape. My bound hands were pinned between my back and the log, I could not move them at all. There was no slack in the ropes going from my arms and around the thick log and back around my waist. I tried to squirm around a bit to get some slack, but that did not work. My bare feet were firmly secured on top of the smaller log. If I tried to draw my legs backwards and move the log, I only made the rope around my ankles tighter. As I looked at Joe and saw him making the same lame attempts of escape, he gave me a joyful "gmblgh" from behind the gag, but that was all. We sat there waiting to be released.

I thought about what would happen if the girls did not come and untie us. Would we be sitting there bound and gagged for the rest of the day? As the sun set, would wild animals come out and start an evening feast, having us as the main course? I knew wild animals were very rare in these parts of the country, but at night the mosquitos came out. Being eaten alive by mosquitos was not a promising thought. As my thoughts meandered their own way I nearly fell asleep, but was suddenly awakened by the sound of the girls returning.

They mocked us for still being tied up and helpless and they tickled us a bit more before releasing us. We walked back to the beach, already planning the next game of Cowboys and Indians.

That evening we were having a sleep-over in the boat-house. Long after sunset we stayed up and discussed the idea of staging a "real" Cowboys and Indians game. We all agreed that our own games with only a few participants were becoming slightly boring. It would be a real thrill to have an enemy-gang to fight against. We did not know that many kids in the area, but Jenny thought of some kids we had met the year before, during a visit to some of their parents' friends. If we could challenge them for a really thrilling game of Cowboys and Indians! We knew they lived on the northern side of the lake and we decided to go up there and ask them if they wanted to play.

Last edited by Canuck100 3 years ago, edited 9 times in total.
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Friday October 8th 1999 12:00:05

The next day we all prepared for a trip up the lake. We would go in our canoes, in Scandinavia they are called "Canadian canoes". They look like Indian canoes, but ours were made of fiberglass. Dressed in jeans and T-shirts, sneakers left on the beach, we paddled away up the lake. The trip took about an hour and we arrived at a small creek. When we visited the year before they were building a sort of camp made of wooden huts up there. We had talked to them about it being like an Indian camp, but not had time to play any games with them as the visit was a short one. The canoes were tied to trees (but not gagged!) and we followed a path through the woods to where their camp had been. As we arrived at the camp, we were met by several kids our own age. Both girls and boys. Their camp had been improved during the summer and contained several huts made of branches and planks and some tree-houses.

We talked to the kids about their camp and about the games they played there. As we hoped, they usually played Cowboys and Indians. One of the boys even showed us two torture-poles in the middle of the camp. We asked them if they would like to have a game with us as enemies and they agreed. It was decided that we would try to attack their camp the next day and steal their treasure. If we succeeded, they would try and attack us the day after. Taking prisoners would be allowed, and both sides could propose an exchange of prisoners by approaching with a white flag. The game would start at ten in the morning and seize-fire would be at eight in the evening.

The next morning we prepared for our assault at the "evil savage camp". We packed our canoes with some sandwiches and soft-drinks for lunch, lots of ropes for our intended prisoners and our water-pistols. We had all dressed for forest-combat, in jeans, dark long-sleeved shirts and sneakers. Jenny had her long blonde hair in a single braid at the back and a bandana around her head. She looked very much like a blonde Indian girl. Sarah had her hair in braids as usual.

When we arrived at the creek, we hid our canoes under some branches we cut. We split into two pairs, Joe going with Jenny and I with Sarah. We planned to sneak as close to their camp as possible and try to take a prisoner. When Sarah and I came within sight of the camp we noticed that a few of our enemies where standing guard, watching the forest for intruders. Otherwise the camp was silent. Suddenly we heard voices and we crawled behind some thick bushes to hide. Three enemies were coming our way, two boys and a girl. They were probably a scout-patrol. As they continued along the path we followed behind, trying to be as silent as possible. About a mile from the camp they stopped and the girl was told to stay and watch the path as the boys continued.

This was our chance! She was about our age, thirteen or fourteen, and she looked a little scared. She held on to her water pistol tightly and carefully surveyed the area around the path. She was a rather cute girl with shoulder-length black hair and dressed in jeans, a sleeve-less top and sneakers. Sarah and I exchanged silent signs and began to crawl towards our victim. I had a length of rope curled around one of my hands and Sarah had a piece of cloth for a gag.

We jumped her at the same time and got her down on the ground, face down. She was totally surprised and before she thought of screaming, Sarah had stuffed the cloth into her mouth. I pinned her arms behind her back and Sarah tied a bandana over her mouth. Quickly I tied one end of the rope around her wrist and started tying her hands together. She was twisting and turning and starting to make some sounds, but after a few minutes, she was securely tied and helpless. We stood her up and told her to do as we said, otherwise it would be bad for her. She nodded, big brown eyes above the gag showing both excitement and a little fear. Holding her by her arms we marched her down to where the canoes were.

We had made a little camp of our own down by the creek. With some cut branches we had constructed a little hut between a big rock, some thick bushes and a big fir- tree. We pushed our prisoner inside and sat her down with her back to a small pine. I undid the rope tying her hands and retied them behind the tree. We collected some more rope from the canoes and tied her arms and legs. Sarah removed her sneakers and tied her ankles together and then secured them to a root that belonged to another tree. She sat there, wiggling her toes, and looked at us with wide eyes above the gag. We told her we would remove the gag if she promised to be quiet. She nodded happily. When the gag was off we asked her if she was all right and she said yes. The ropes did not hurt, but her nose itched. Sarah scratched it for her. She said her name was Lisa and asked what we were going to do with her. We explained that she was our prisoner, and that she had to tell us about their camp and where their treasure was hidden, otherwise we were going to tickle her. Lisa replied that she was not at all ticklish. She lied.

I started by slowly moving my fingers up and down the soles of her feet. Lisa started to look strange, she bit her lip and wiggled her toes desperately. I continued by tickling her toes and the upper- and outer-sides of her feet and soon she was screaming for me to stop, laughing and giggling helplessly. It did not take much tickling before Lisa had told us all we wanted to know about their camp, and where the treasure was hidden. We gagged her again and told her to sit tight and not to go anywhere. We promised to return her to her friends soon.

Sarah and I started to follow the path back to the enemy-camp. Half-way there we met Joe. He told us Jenny had been taken prisoner by the enemy. They had been hiding near the camp and ambushed Joe and Jenny as they came through the woods. Jenny had been captured, but Joe had escaped. We told him that was not such a very brave thing to do, running away as Jenny was taken prisoner. He said he thought he could help better this way, instead of being prisoner together with Jenny. We decided to sneak up to the camp and see what was happening. Perhaps we could steal their treasure at the same time, it was buried at the far end of the camp according to the very ticklish Lisa. Joe told us it was about an hour ago they took Jenny, and we should perhaps hurry if they started to interrogate her.

As we came close to their camp we saw some kids guarding the camp. We went around them and climbed a steep, rocky hill. On the top we had an excellent view of the camp. Five kids stood in a semi-circle around one of the torture-poles they had shown us earlier. Tied to the pole was Jenny. They had taken off her shoes and tied her hands behind the pole. Lots of rope were bound around her from her shoulders down to her ankles. She was blindfolded.

One of the kids was holding a feather and was tickling Jenny's face with it. She cursed them in an angry voice and they laughed at her. It seemed like the interrogation was in full progress. We watched this for a while, seeing them having fun with the helpless Jenny, tickling her toes and stomach. They had pulled her shirt up. They asked her questions about us, and she answered with words that would have made her Mother blush.

At the end they gave up and left her there, but first they carefully gagged her, using the blindfold to hold a big rag stuffed in her mouth. It was well after noon and we decided to go back to our own camp and have lunch. When we came back, Lisa was sitting tied to the tree as we had left her. We had been gone over an hour and we felt a little pity for her, so we removed the gag and gave her some lemonade to drink. We ate our lunch and even gave our prisoner a sandwich.

We would offer Lisa in exchange for Jenny, and while the exchange was taking place, Joe was going to sneak into the camp from behind and steal the treasure. Joe left for the camp with a white flag on a stick, to propose the exchange. When he came back he said the exchange was going to take place in the clearing outside the camp. Lisa had been sitting tied to the tree for over two hours now, and politely asked us if we could untie her, she needed to go somewhere. She was untied and with relief massaged her wrists. Lisa did what she needed behind some bushes and afterwards we tied her hands behind her again. This time we used some soft cotton-rope and did not tie her too tight. Sarah tied the laces of Lisa's sneakers together and placed them hanging from her neck. She had to walk barefoot back to camp.

With the white flag on the stick Sarah and I walked up to the clearing with the bound Lisa between us. Joe went away to the other side of the camp. At the far end of the clearing were all our enemies. One of them had Jenny beside him. She was barefoot and had her hands tied behind her. She was still gagged and we noticed that her shirt was soaking wet. We released Lisa and she started walking across the clearing, meeting Jenny in the middle. When Jenny came up to us we took off her gag and she started cursing her former captors in a cracked voice. The gag had made her throat very dry. After a sip of lemonade she told us that they had used her for target practice with their water-pistols. We headed back for our camp.

Back at the camp we met Joe, who had successfully taken their treasure with him. No one had noticed him sneaking in to their camp as the exchange of prisoners took place. With Jenny's shirt all wet, we decided that Joe and Jenny would go back home in their canoe, and Sarah and I would stay for a while and clear the camp. We would follow later. Sarah and I waved to Joe and Jenny as they headed away from the shore.

We started to collect our gear from the little camp but suddenly we heard voices and the sound of footsteps on the path. Quickly we dashed behind some bushes and then we saw five or six of the enemies coming down the path to the small creek where our canoe was. Lisa was with them and she showed them where she had been held prisoner. Sarah and I stayed as quiet as possible to avoid being caught. They must have sensed that we were close, because they started looking around, beating the bushes with sticks and looking behind every rock. We tried to run, but they chased after us and after five minutes of running through the thick undergrowth we were caught.

They wrestled us to the ground and with them being two on one we did not stand a chance. I was flat on my stomach with a kid on my back, twisting my arms up behind my back. Another kid got hold of my legs and bent them up towards my buttocks. I noticed Sarah was in the same predicament, with Lisa sitting across her back holding Sarah's arms tightly. We gave up and surrendered. Quickly they started tying our hands behind us, they did not go easy on us, but tied the knots very tight. They took off our sneakers and threw them to the side and then had us on our feet. We were tied together with a long rope and then led away through the woods to their camp.

It was like a scene from a real Indian movie. We were led in to the camp while the kids there cheered and mocked us. With pushes in our backs and tugging on the rope we were directed to the two torture poles. More enemies came and they started tying us to the poles. When they were done we stood there, unable to move, hands tied behind the poles and thick ropes holding our ankles, legs and arms tightly bound to the poles. They gagged us and left us there for the time being.

After what felt like several hours most of the kids gathered around us. Our gags were removed and they started to ask questions about the treasure Joe had stolen. Honestly we could say we did not know where it was, but after some persuasion in the form of tickling with feathers we had to tell them that Joe and Jenny had gone home with it. They decided that they should keep us as hostages until Joe and Jenny came back. After some hours our friends would probably miss us, they thought. In the mean time, they prepared for some Indian torture.

We were untied from the poles, but quickly tied up again, this time on our backs the ground. Our hands were tied above our heads and tied to small trees. Our feet were tied together and ropes connected them to other trees. They pulled my shirt over my head, and Sarah's up to her breasts and started to tickle our stomachs. Lisa was happily dishing out revenge by tickling our feet and all the kids joined in to make our lives miserable. We giggled and laughed so much we must have scared every animal in that forest away.

When they finally were finished with their little Indian torture game, we were untied and we got some soft drinks. Our hands were tied behind us again and our captors started to argue about what to do to us now. It was now late in the day, we had probably been prisoners for a couple of hours. There was not much time left before today's game was over. We hoped they would let us go, but we were not that lucky.

We were taken into one of their small huts. The floor was covered with pine-branches and not nice to walk barefoot on. Inside they started to truss us up like Christmas turkeys. They tied our ankles, knees and thighs very tightly. Thick rope was tied around our arms, starting at our shoulders and winding down across our arms, elbows and fore-arms. For every fifth or tenth coil of rope, they tied it off by cinching it well between our arms and bodies. Finally we were gagged with huge pieces of cloth pushed deep into our mouths and tied over with long strips of cloth. This created gags that made it impossible to communicate. We could only moan softly and say "mgwgh".

Happy with their work they started to leave.

-See you in the morning! Have fun!

A board was slammed over the entrance to the hut and we were left in semi-darkness. Questions started to race in my mind.

Would they really leave us tied up for the entire night?

Neither Sarah or I had ever been tied up for more than a couple of hours, how could we manage the whole night? Tied up for over twelve hours!

Much the same thoughts I had had when Joe and I was sitting tied up the day before. We did not know these kids well enough to trust them to come back and release us. Sarah must have been thinking the same, because she was twisting and turning and grunting. She had already started to try and get free.

Sarah was a very athletic girl who did a lot of sports and gymnastics at school. She twisted and turned on the floor, trying to get up somehow. She managed to get up in a kneeling position. She moved towards me with only her knees and toes to the ground. She placed herself sitting with her bound hands near mine, I had turned on my side. She arched her back and tried to reach my hands with hers. She did not manage to undo any knots before we heard sounds outside. We "mghwhed" and "glmghaged" the best we could and soon the entrance was opened and Jenny and Joe looked in.

-Hello there, having fun without us?, Jenny said.

We were untied and returned home, I will never know if our captors had planned on leaving us tied up the whole night!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic