PH : 15 - The Green Rope (mm/m)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

PH : 15 - The Green Rope (mm/m)

Post by Canuck100 »

PH's stories
15 - The Green Rope
Story index at the bottom

By PH

Fri Jun 04 01:29:57 Västra Europa, sommartid 1999

The Green Rope
Part I

I posted my first stories to this board about six months ago. For those of you not familiar with the characters and settings in those first stories, I will give you a short description.

The stories, named "the Boat House Stories" by someone, happened in my early teens, in a small summer-house area where my parents had a house. Ever since my first year we had always spent long summers there. Our house was by a beautiful lake, and in a neighbouring house lived the L. family during the summers. Their oldest son, Joe, was my best friend during these summers, and his younger brothers Peter and Hank often participated in our games. Peter was just a couple of years behind Joe, and Hank was about seven years younger. During part of the summer Joe's two cousins, Sarah and Jenny and their parents, would stay at their house too.

The games we played always took place at Joe's. They had a much bigger house than we did, and a lovely, private beach. Their family still owned much of the forests in the area since some Grandfather had built the house as a summer-place to retreat from his lumber-business during the summers. On the far end of their beach, where the woods started, was an old boat house. It was the kind where you could actually take the boat inside the part of the house that was sticking out in the water. There was a jetty surrounding the boat and in the part of the house that was on the beach there were a lot of storage rooms and a small work-shop. On the upper floor was a big room that we used as "headquarters" in our different games. It contained some old discarded furniture, and we were allowed to sleep over there sometimes.

The stories I posted before were about the summer when I was fourteen. So was Joe and Sarah, Jenny was fifteen and Peter twelve. Our different games started earlier, when I was about ten. We used to play cowboys and Indians, capture each other and the prisoner would be tied up. The girls loved to participate in these games. They were just as good as us boys on hiding, shooting toy-guns and tying. On rainy days and on sleep-overs in the boat house we also practiced different tie-up games where the prisoner would have to escape in a certain time. We "invented" new techniques to tie a prisoner up and Joe practiced his favourite subject, inventing gags.

I was a lover-of-books in those days, and still am. I spent endless days in our hammock, reading adventure-books for boys as well as the most popular comics of those days. Joe's family would arrive at their place a couple of weeks after we did, so I was often alone in the early summer. What I was most interested in when reading these books and comics, was when somebody got tied up. I would carefully read an interesting scene over and over again, and then at an appropriate time in our games, try to put it into the game. At one time when I was about twelve, I read a book about a boy who tried to prove that his teacher was a Russian spy. (Sounds silly but it's true!) The teacher and his spy-pal captures the kid and ties him up in the basement of the school. There were several pages on how they did the tying, gagging and how the kid tried to free himself. (I have always wondered about that author and his feelings about bondage!)

Later that day I was walking along the shore by the public marina near our house. Suddenly I noticed something in the water, a few yards out. It was a long rope, floating in the water. I was an eager collector of any rope I could find, so I waded out in the water and got the rope. It was rather thick, about half an inch, and made of green nylon. It was the kind of rope the people who had their boats in the marina use to tie between their boats and the anchor-buoy. Best of all, it was very, very long. At least seventy-five feet long. It was very harsh and had little cut nylon-strings sticking out everywhere as if it had chafed against something for a long time. I carried the rope home and let it dry behind our wood-shed. This was the perfect rope for one of our tie-up competitions.

On one day of the first week after Joe's family had arrived we were on his beach, searching for whatever boys search for on beaches. The girls and their mother were in the nearby small town for supplies.We talked about what had happened during the year and soon we talked about tie-up games. We had our usual clothes, jeans and T-shirts and were barefoot. During the mid-seventies these silly jeans with wide legs were popular, but Joe and I always had more of the fifties-style jeans with the legs folded up a few times. On the beach we had them folded up just below the knees, so that we could go in the water. Joe told me about his adventures, fighting wars with his buddies back home, and I told him about the Green Rope. I dared him to a competition, using the green rope, and he agreed. I ran home and got the rope while he went to the boat house and got some of his stuff. Joe also had a huge rope-collection, mostly ropes from the boat-house that he had "borrowed".

When I arrived at the boat house with the long rope, nicely coiled over my shoulder, Joe was in the upper room, preparing his collection. He had laid out several long cotton ropes, about a quarter of an inch thick. Peter had also joined us, and was eagerly awaiting the first tie-up competition of the summer. Peter was never so much of a tie-up fanatic as Joe or I were, but he enjoyed being on the side of the captors in our games. Sarah and Jenny had not yet arrived back at the house.

I showed Joe and Peter the Green Rope, they felt it and commented on how ragged and harsh it was. Joe said he was certain the rope would give bad rope-burns if it was used on bare skin. We decided to use it only on the legs and upper-body. Peter ran up to the house and got a long-sleeved shirt for the prisoner to use. I quickly explained the plot from the book I had read, and valiantly volunteered as the first victim. They would tie me up as good as they could, using the long Green Rope to wind around me. Then they would give me one hour to get free. The boy in the story had been in a dark cellar, so I would have to be blindfolded. He had managed to escape by rolling around the room, searching for a sharp object to use on his bindings. Finally he found a file, usually used to file on wood, and used that on his ropes. They would put a similar file somewhere in the room, and I would have to find it.

We agreed on the rules and they started to tie me up. They could use any amount of rope, and whatever way of tying me they wanted, as long as I was able to squirm and roll around. They started by ordering me down on my stomach, hands behind my back. They used the cotton rope for my hands, tying them with the wrists crossed. They wound the rope in an "x-pattern" around my wrists and tried to put the knots as far away from my fingers as possible. The next rope was done with a slip-knot that went over the first rope, then around my stomach and back to the wrists. This was repeated several times, pinning my hands to the small of my back.

They put me in a sitting position and started to tie my ankles and below and above my knees. When this was done it was time for the Green Rope. They tied one end around one of my upper arms and then wound it around my upper body from the shoulders to the wrists, cinching it for every fifth coil. There were still several feet of rope left, so Joe draw the rope-end up to a place between my shoulders and made a knot there. He then brought the rope down again, between my hands and body, under my buttocks and tied it to the rope around my ankles. I sat with my legs bent at the knees, and with the rope tied that way I was unable to stretch my legs. Now it was time for one of Joe's newly invented gags. He took an old kitchen towel and ripped it in two. One piece was stuffed in my mouth and the other tied over it.He carefully put the strip over my mouth and folded it so it went behind my teeth, effectively holding the other piece in my mouth. He then tied the ends in my neck as tight as he dared. Another towel was used as a blindfold and I was now helplessly tied, gagged and blindfolded.

I sat there and listened as they put the file somewhere on the floor. Then Joe told me to start getting free. At this moment I heard a chatter of voices and the sound of bare feet coming up the stairs. Sarah and Jenny had come back from their trip. They laughed as they saw me on the floor, totally cocooned in the Green Rope. Joe told them the rules of the game and they settled down in one of the sofas to watch my escape-act.

I shifted my position from sitting and lay down on my side. I turned to my stomach, and the rope connecting my feet with the bindings of my upper-body made it impossible for my toes to touch the floor. It wasn't a real hog-tie, my legs were only bent about forty-five degrees, but it made it much harder to move. I rolled over on my side again and tried to move like some kind of snake or worm. I moved slowly forward, but at least I moved. They had promised to put the file by one of the walls, so I continued my squirming moves until my head hit the wall. I turned my back to the wall and felt the floor with my hands. I continued like this along the wall but no file. Once in a while I had to stop to rest. The others cheered me on with sarcastic remarks.

Finally Joe said the time was up. I hadn't found the file, instead I had worked myself tired and sweaty. They removed my blindfold and gag and gave me something to drink. Sarah insisted that I as the loser of the game would have to get a punishment. They all agreed and tickled me for a while before releasing me. Even if I lost that game the challenge of it was really funny, and the Green Rope would come to good use again.