Andy_V : 01 - The Variation and Other Things (m/m)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Andy_V : 01 - The Variation and Other Things (m/m)

Post by Canuck100 »

Andy_V's stories
01 - The Variation and Other Things
Story index at the bottom

By Andy_V

Mon Apr 26 09:34:55 UTC+0200 1999

- THE VARIATION AND OTHER THINGS

- BEFOREWORD
Thank you for reading this. Sorry if my English is not so good, but I hope the things I have written here are at least comprehensible. I would like to know all of your comments and opinions about all of this. Do post here anything that comes across your mind. Thank you again!
This is a story and most of the relative comments were born during two chat sessions at Bob857's place.

- THE VARIATION

Well, it happened just once, but it was interesting and amusing. Actually I am talking about a modified version of Hide & Seek game with some Cowboys and Indians sprinkled over it. But let me explain that...

I was about 12 years old and it was a Summer afternoon. Back then I used to play with the neighbors' kids and other kids who were vacationing around our holiday place, and we happened to try out that kind of game (from now on we will call it the Variation). I do not remember who exactly thought of the Variation, unfortunately it was not me. He just said: 'Why don't we find him tied up and gagged because he had just escaped from the Indians' camp?'. OK, OK, realism does not belongs to kids' games. ;-)

So we chose the 'victim' (yes, just one) and proceeded to bind his arms down with a real beauty- a true finger-thick nylon sail rope. No big deal of a tie-up, but he surely would have had to work some to get free without any assistance...

... We had nothing to gag him with, sadly: my handkerchief was very dirty and the other kids had not any. I always say that Kleenexes are so sad. So we chose to pretend that he was gagged. We left his legs free and waited some minutes so he could choose where to be found. So we went after him. Some plus point was that he was free to walk and move from one place to another, thus delaying his 'rescue'. The garden was very large and offered plenty of acceptable hideyholes.

Well, that is just about that. At last we spotted and 'rescued' him. I dare say that it was the less funny part of the Variation. Right after finding him, one of us started questioning him, 'Who did that to you?' but a girl scolded him: he had not ungagged him yet... He had forgotten that the victim was gagged! The remaining part of the Variation had no relevant points: he got untied, we adlibbed some non relevant Cowboy talk and that was it.

The strange thing was that we played this kind of game just once and it sort of got lost. Thinking back again now, I think that there were many new things to try in the Variation's frame. For instance, all victims but two, all the victims with their arms tied down and their mouths gagged, and on the run. And the remaining two kids after them. And the rule that no one could be untied before all the victims were found. Just think: the two searchers find one of the victims and must choose wether take him/her along with them without untying him/her, or leave him/her where they have found him/her with his/her ankles tied, or tying him/her to a tree..! Almost endless possibilities!

- SEQUITUR POINTS

The neighbours' kids surely had some 'penchant' to that kind of games, though. Eventually (hey, just once!) the frightening thing happened. I had the boy neatly tied up the way I liked (wrists behind back and ankles parallel, not his favourite bondage) and then two things happened: 1) I realized that I was not able to untie his wrists, and 2) his Mother called him in to have dinner. I untied his ankles and he had to go home with his hands still tied to be freed by his Mother. Did this ever happen to anu of you? OK, the #1 rule is to have scissors handy, but hey, I was young back then and I thought I was immortal. :-) So go ahead and blame me. It just happened. I think the problem was that I had tied him using not my preferred rope: it was thinner and so more difficult to unknot.

[At this point GillianB tells me that such games were never clandestine for us as kids so it didn't matter if an adult's help was needed. Well, I think the whole thing was someway different here].

I remember that that kid did not like very much to have his hands bound behind him. He preferred being tied back to back with his sister. Well, yes, just a simple back to back of the kind that really sucks when their wrists are not firmly secured.

I remember also that that I once (more, more recently) chatted online with an Italian lady that startled me about a what-if similar to the thing that happened then: I asked her, 'What would you say if one day your son came to you running and with his wrists tied behind him claiming that the neighbours' kid had bound him?' And she answered she would answer him, 'Since you have just been so stupid to let him do that, you will stay like that for a while'. And wait some time before freeing him. [At this point Mason and Hooch remark 'Sounds like a cool mom']. Yes, surprising indeed if you think that she was an ITALIAN Mum- keep in mind that nowadays about ALL commonplaces about Italian people are not true - EXCEPT FOR the ones about Italian Mums. I can just guess that Latin Mums just are different from Anglo-Saxon Mums.