Amanda: 02 - The Spooky House (self/ff)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Zek_
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Amanda: 02 - The Spooky House (self/ff)

Post by Zek_ »

The Spooky House (self/ff)
By Amanda

One Friday night mom and dad had left me and Sarah alone. This didn't happen to often because my brother Michael is older and watches us. I had been trying to get them to leave us alone for a long time (doing extra chores, making good grades and stuff), now that they had we didn't know what to do. Sarah thought we should play "Spooky House ". We would turn off all the lights. One of us would be the monster, the other would be the detective. If the monster caught you, they could tie you up and you didn't want that to happen. Sarah liked to tickle after she got you. We flipped a coin to see who was who.

I had to be the detective, Sarah was the monster. Before we turned out the lights, we went to Dad's tool room and got some rope and stuff for the monster. After that I got a flashlight so I could have light to see by. It made things more spooky. We turned off all the lights and Sarah went off to hide. I waited for a little while then began searching for the monster.

If I was smart, I'd look for the monster with a gun, but I didn't have a toy gun for this game. I crept around the house pointing my light around and tripping over stuff. It's really weird. You live somewhere forever and you can still trip over stuff in the dark.

I just made it to my dad's study when Sarah came at me with a roar. I screamed and ran away. She chased me for a while and then hid again. I waited, then started again. Sarah was pretty good at this game, which is what made it so much fun.

I made it all the way upstairs when Sarah attacked me again. This time I wasn't getting away. She put the rope around me and pulled me into my mom and dad's bedroom. She wrapped the rope pretty tight around my arms to keep me still then wrapped the rest around my hands. She didn't tie any knots, since it was just pretend so I held the rope to make it feel like I was tied up.

She sat on me and tickled my tummy. I laughed so hard, I thought I'd pass out. When she was finished, I unwrapped the rope and said, "My turn."

Sarah got the flashlight and I got to be the monster. Sarah made a good monster but was a lousy detective. I jumped out of the linen closet and scared her so bad, she just collapsed on the floor shaking and screaming. I wrapped her up in the rope and took her to my bedroom closet.

"What are you doing ?

"The monster's keeping you hostage. Your dad is rich."

"Monsters don't want money."

"This one does."

I put her in the closet and wrapped the rope around the big bar inside.

"I've tied you up in a cell so you can't get out !"

"Help, someone help me !!" Sarah called.

"Be quiet !" I told her.

Sarah wouldn't shut up though so I had to find something to shut her up with. I went to my chest of drawers and found a big bandana I used for a cowgirl outfit. I tied it over her mouth so she was quiet.

"You have to stay here until the other detective comes to get you loose." Sarah looked at me all weird but nodded her head. I closed the door and went downstairs to the kitchen. I got another flashlight so I could be the other detective. I looked all over the dark house, pretending to be searching for Sarah.

She looked real glad to see me when I opened the closet. Sarah hates the dark. I acted scared, " There's a monster around. I need to get you loose before he comes an gets us both."

I took time unwrapping the rope. I took the cloth off her mouth. After her hands were loose, she pointed and screamed.

"Monster !!!"

We ran away and hid from the monster in our imagination. He chased us all over the dark spooky house. He ran down the stair and I tripped on the bottom one. It didn't hurt but he had caught us at last. We went back to my room and wrapped rope around ourselves. He was tying us up to keep us for ransom. He needed to hold me so the cops would stay away. Sarah tied the bandana back over her mouth. Since that was the only one I had, I took a pillowcase off my bed , folded it up and tied it over my mouth.

We sat there and pretended the monster was watching us, pulling on the ropes he had used to capture us. We didn't get loose though, the monster was too smart. We were so into the game that we didn't hear my brother coming home from his date. He turned on the light and found us sitting here, looking like we were tied up. We made noises at him and he came over and pulled the stuff off our mouths.

"What are you two doing ?" he asked.

"A monster came and tied us up." Sarah said, sounding like she was scared.

"Oh really? Then maybe I should leave before he gets me too."

Michael put the cloths back over our mouths and let us keep playing tied up in the spooky house until mom and dad came home. He didn't say anything about it to them either.