Emma : 12 - The time I was the fool (mmmm/f)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Emma : 12 - The time I was the fool (mmmm/f)

Post by Canuck100 »

Emma's stories
12 - The time I was the fool
Story index at the bottom

By Emma

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:43 pm

The time I was the fool

It was a normal day. I was working at my dad's store. I was wearing jeans, and a black polo with his companies logo on it and black flipflops, my normal work attire. It just so happens that it was April first. Of course I don't remember these things, with my awful memory. The date was the last thing i was thinking about.

By the time my lunch break came around I left a note for Chad. He's the seventeen year old son of my dad's partner who was also working there. It said that I would be back in an hour and would be at the cafe. I walked over to this small cafe near the store. I got a coffee and a bagel and relaxed in one of the giant arm chairs, while I listened to the music playing through the room. This had always been one of my favorite places to go and just relax, I always went here on my lunch break, i was a regular i guess. So all my friends and family knew that they could find me there, I've often received phone calls there if I forget my cellphone!

Now that I've established what a loser I am, and how I waste my time in family owned coffee houses that have open mic nights and poetry readings, [i am guilty of attending those =) ] ON WITH THE STORY!

I ate quickly and with plenty of time to spare, so I decided I would sit in the clearing near by until my lunch break ended. I walked around the corner and there was a van there, i didn't think anything of it of course, i mean it's a free country and people can park there vans wherever they want. It was a blue hippie bus, kind of van, my neighbor had one like it once. As i walked past someone moved passed the window, i caught the movement out of the corner of my eye.

The van was kinda right in front of where I was going. I walked around it and passed by it as I walked. What happened was almost in a slow motion that was too fast to control. The doors flung open and three clown masked people jumped out. The clown masks were the halloween "supposed to be scary" kind. The regular clowns that aren't meant to be scary freak me out, so these were horrifying. Being only a foot away from the van, because i was between it and a fence, i didn't get a scream out. With one gloved hand grabbing my wrist and another clamping over my mouth it twisted my wrist behind me and pushed me into the van. The door closed and I felt the cold metal and heard that horrifying click. My other hand met the same fate and i found myself handcuffed. Still nobody said anything, the only noise was my squeals through the hand. I looked around as best i could as one of my captors bound my legs with a bungee cord. The captor behind me was kneeling holding his hand over my mouth, he signaled and the van started moving. I was scared to death.

The gloved hand was removed from my mouth but another clown with a mask that had green eyes and a giant scar across the face turned around with a roll of tape.

"Please! let me go!! please!" I begged.

The clown chuckled and lowered the strip to my face and sealed it over my eyes.

"Don't do this, please" I gasped, barely holding back tears, that were shielded by the tape over my eyes.

The inevitable happened as another strip was pressed over my mouth.

I was so incredibly stressed out by what was happening to me. I thought i was going to be sick. They left me lying on my stomach on the floor of the van. I reached down towards my ankles, as flexible as i was, this was pretty easy. I was feeling around try to untie my ankles when i heard.

"Someone wants to be hogtied!" some voice barked.

"Mphooo!!" I mphed no!

But it was to late, something was pulled up connecting my ankles to the wrist cuffs. I struggled but nothing worked.

As we stopped i was lifted out of the vehicle and carried by someone into a building of some kind. As i was placed on the floor the same voice barked again...

"You're Mike [my last name]'s kid, right? "

In shock i shook my head yes. That was my father.

"Good, need to make sure you're of some use to us..." and the figure walked away.

When he returned he pulled the tape off of my eyes... I looked around and found that i was back at the store. Chad was nowhere in sight.
It looked like everything was in order... but why was i there?

The green haired scar faced clown pulled the tape off of my mouth.

"Where can we find the rest of the cash in this place?" it yelled.

"I--In the safe,, in the office...where's chad??" I whimpered

"Ha." he laughed "your little friend was no help to us..."

"What did you do to him?!" I panicked, thinking the worse...

"That's none of you're concern at this time" the man growled.

"How do i get into this safe of yours?"

"I d-don't know, only my dad and his partner, Chad's dad, know the combination to get into the safe..." i stuttered. That was true... I didn't know the combo to the safe, I had only recently started working at my dad's store because i only recently got my working papers.

"Ahh, you think you'll get out of this by playing dumb, or are you trying to be a hero here girly!"

"No! you don't under-"

"That boy.. chad, you say, he decided to be brave too, ya know!" he chuckled.

"Please, I-I really don't know"

"Honestly... how do expect me to believe you work at you're fathers store and don't know the combonation to his safe.. please spare me this.."
"bu--"
"you do not know who you're messing with!" he snapped and left.

in about a half hour the man came back.

"Interesting.. So Emma, that is you're name, right? i just had a pleasant little chat with that boy Chad." he said.

I had an inner sigh of relief knowing Chad was alive and okay. My idea i came upon, whilst sitting for the half hour was that i knew that as long as we had information he wanted, they wouldn't harm us.

"Well, your little boyfriend said he was sure you knew it... and by some strange way he told us how to get it out of you.."

"He is NOT my boyfriend" i huffed out of what i was used to doing. "What d--did he say??" i panicked.

"Well i said 'what do i have to do to get what i need and leave' and he went on about how I would pay if i hurt you... ha, such resolve when you're young.."

"You sound no older" i muttered.

"Whats that?" he said grabbing my chin and pulling my face making me look into his mask eyes.

"Nothing..., what did chad say?" i stammered.

"He said, that this would make you willing to talk..." he said as he bent down and poked me in the side, i jumped and squeaked.

"Ahh. well then he was not exaggerating..."

I then heard through the office door...

"Emma, don't tell him anything, they won't keep us ali--heyMphhah!!" i heard Chad's voice yell before it was muffled.

"Chad! I don't know the combination, you know that!!" i yelled.

"Maybe, i can refresh your memory" the man boomed and he bent over and lightly brushed his fingers along my sides..

"Ahhh-I-haa-dddont-hahaha-know.. pleasaahhaha!" I shrieked.

Suddenly the office door opened and another man emerged.

"Woah Jerry! what are you doing to the kid.." this voice said, with a thick new yorker accent, you know like "guys and dolls gambler voice".

"This girl is so ticklish, i was barely touching her and she flipped out" Jerry laughed.

"Please! don't do this!" I whimpered.

"You get the combo yet?" the man asked.

"I was working on it, before i was rudely interrupted" Jerry snapped.

"Sorry boss!" he said and went back into the office.

I bit my lip to force back the tears i desperately wanted to cry.

"Now where were we?" he chuckled and returned to my hogtied body.

"Please!" I begged. He then proceeded to tape my eyes again.

"This damn mask!.. you don't need to see me, but i can't stand wearing it."

There was some kind of rope connecting my ankles and the handcuffs. My feet were straight up in the air, up until then i didn't realize one of my flip flops had fallen off. The man leaned behind me and began tapping his fingers on my foot, the same way any ten year old would tap their fingers on their desk before the last bell of the day rang in school.

I immediately broke into bursts of frantic laughter. I struggled scrunching my toes and trying my hardest to keep them from being tickled. My other flip flop was taken off and my captor prepared to tickle any info he wanted out of my feet. I tried to block the inevitable by shoving my feet on top of eachother trying to cover my exposed sole. Jerry, simply grabbed my two big toes with one hand and yanked them back.

"No! pleaaase!!" i begged, before he touched me..

"Do you have anything to tell me??"

"I--uhh--oh god! " and then i felt a finger go down my instep, in between the small space between the two feet and i felt it wiggling around. Then the scratching on the two arches of my small feet. His hands were big enough that it could cover all the ticklish space.

I was in my own isolated tickle hell, until i heard the opening of the song Baba O'riley, Jason's Ringtone on my cell phone. It was on the counter!!

Jerry stood up and picked up my phone.

"Jason huh? whos that?" he said. "Who is it?" he suddenly snapped at me.

"He's uhh.. my boyfriend" i said to the floor.

"Well he'll have to call you back" he laughed.

My head was spinning, i was so scared, i was praying Jason would think something was wrong if i didn't answer my phone, someone always answered it, even if it wasn't me.

After a minute or two of silence..

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Jerry screamed "GET HIM!" and then i heard running all around the store. it was insane.
Then as if on cue it all stopped and everything was silent.

"Hello?? Somebody! Help!" I yelled

The tape on my eyes was removed, when my eyes adjusted I look up to see the huddle of clowns.

"APRIL FOOLS!!" they all screamed.

"Are you fucking kidding me!" i said as my heart practically stopped.

One by one the masks were removed to reveal Jason, Chad, Marco, Zack, and ummm, some other guy i've never seen before.
Jason untied me and helped me to my feet. I immediately smacked them all in the arm and hit Jason and Chad especially hard.

"What the hell was this about."

"April fools babe!" Jason laughed.

We all sat down back at the clearing and they explained to me the details of the "kidnapping"

"This is Jerry, my cousin, by the way.." Jason laughed as he introduced me to the "boss".

"Who was the gangster wannabe?" I asked.

"oh that was Zack, he did a production of guys and dolls freshman year, he got his accent pretty good didn't he?" Marco laughed.

They faked the whole thing, borrowing Jerry's dads van they planned to grab me from the cafe on my walk back to the store. Jerry played the boss because they were sure i would recognise the voices of the others.

They sat around in the office and faked that cry from chad, Jason also called my cell to initiate the "fight" at the end. They went all out to scare the shit out of me. and they did succeed.

"You guys have way much free time on you're hands to plan this kind of thing!" I muttered.

"You're telling me, we've been planning this for weeks. We decided you would be the most fun to prank!" Marco laughed.

"You guys are so mean!" I said and I turned away.

"Come on! it was pretty funny! You know it was! Come on laugh!" Jason said as he grabbed me and pinned me to the ground with my arms above my head. As if reading his mind Marco grabbed my arms and held them while Jason tickled my sides.

"Stahhahap It! Jaahahahason. i haahahahahate thissss!" I howled.

"Tell me it was funny!" he said as he continued.

"Pleaasaaah!" i said.

I felt hands by my legs begin tickling my feet.

"Nohoho! okay it was fuhunny! okay?"

"Alright.." he said and Marco let go of my arms and Zack and chad stopped tickling my feet. I was so exhausted I fell into Jason's arms and he had to carry me all the way to Marco's car that was parked a ways down the street.

Marco drove me home, once i got there i collapsed onto the couch and fell asleep.