Non tug chat

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Deleted User 236

Non tug chat

Post by Deleted User 236 »

Is this the equivalent of the old non TUG chat? If not lets get one
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Not really. It's for comments and suggestions concerning the site.
So, I suoppose your suggestion counts!
What do other members think? We (Chad, Jason & I) wanted to try to avoid some of the less constuctive threads that were appearing on the old site.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

I’m not sure if I’m being honest. I think it all depends on what the non tug chat would be about. I do agree that at this time in the world, that the political chat does not need to be on here, so in that sense you mods have made the right decision to eliminate it. Some of the stories that I think should not be on the site is the stories that are made to insight a negative response from the reader, like for example the “new” story from drawscore called anger management. I feel like this story because it has nothing to do with tugs, and it’s sole purpose is to insight what I believe as a negative response from the readers. I think this story is a true example of what I do not want to see on this site.
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

A non-TUG chat subforum would be a good addition, I think. If nothing else, than at least something where people can post about non-TUG related problems and ask for help. I remember someone on the old board years ago asked if it was a bad thing that he didn't like to go into clubs, or someone recently asking about what to do after college. This is probably for many people the only place where they can talk about their bondage interests, so it might also be the place where they go to for life advice, like the mentioned questions. Therefore I think a place to ask them is important. Including the possibility to talk about other stuff would be a plus, I think.

Problem is, this forum would have to be well modded, as these topics could get heated, and I understand that the team is understaffed, so that might be a good reason to not include it.

Also, I totally agree with the decision to not have a "Jump in the Fire" subforum, and a ban on politics. I also completely agree with Solarbeast with regards to drawscores "Anger Management". It's clearly just there to stir up emotions (basically, to troll), and I'd prefer to see it deleted.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks for those contributions.
I think "Anger Management" is on its way out.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Felix, I do see your point, but it takes only a few bad apples to ruin something that would otherwise be okay.

We're discussing it, but until we can hire new moderators we will have to put non tugs on hold.

What we absolutely don't want is any more political/flaming topics, and we feel that bringing back non tugs talk will cause those topics to appear.
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Any update on this? I understand the want to avoid heated political debates, but other light hearted topics of conversation are great community builders I feel. I personally enjoyed talking to others who shared my taste in music, sharing concert stories and what not. Movies, video games, food, school...lots of interesting topics for users to get to know each other better. Maybe just make a rule for no politics or bashing each other?
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

There are two major reasons why we decided not to bring back General Chat:
1. To avoid all political arguments and flaming.
2. It distracted from the stories of the board. More people used General Chat than actually posting on the TUGs side of the forum.

Unless the rest of the team change their minds, I won't instantiate this.
Deleted User 715

Post by Deleted User 715 »

Take my experience from the old site: 90% of my moderation duties involved having to read those posts for content... and then almost every time I deleted a post or reprimanded someone it ended in me getting a profanity laden tirade. It's the primary reason I am not a mod over here.

We don't need that kind of trouble here. There were a good dozen users who had well over 600 posts with fewer than 100 being actually TUG related. A good example was the useless "last person to post on this wins," which some people literally made almost 500 posts in. That thread was almost 100 pages, a waste of server space.

Do the world a favor: no non-TUG posts. We have a chatroom for that garbage: http://tugstories.com/app.php/mchat
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I tend to agree!
jayarieldrillowup
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by jayarieldrillowup »

AlexUSA_99 wrote: 6 years ago Take my experience from the old site: 90% of my moderation duties involved having to read those posts for content... and then almost every time I deleted a post or reprimanded someone it ended in me getting a profanity laden tirade. It's the primary reason I am not a mod over here.

We don't need that kind of trouble here. There were a good dozen users who had well over 600 posts with fewer than 100 being actually TUG related. A good example was the useless "last person to post on this wins," which some people literally made almost 500 posts in. That thread was almost 100 pages, a waste of server space.

Do the world a favor: no non-TUG posts. We have a chatroom for that garbage: http://tugstories.com/app.php/mchat
Apologies for quoting you. I was one of the old site members with the rank of 'Master' and yes I am very sorry about my nonTugs related posts there. Thankfully, in my honest opinion, most of my posts and comments on posts were Tugs related. Jason Toddman or even Xtc can vouch for me on this I hope XD. Have a good day though I do wish bondage rping type posts did count here honestly. Jayarieldrillowup out.
'And behold one arose who once was thought to be dead and he spoke saying,"Heaven said I was too evil and hell said I was too good." Now he wanders forever as an immortal with magic as his birthright and as his curse.'
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

jayarieldrillowup wrote: 6 years ago

Thankfully, in my honest opinion, most of my posts and comments on posts were Tugs related. Jason Toddman or even Xtc can vouch for me on this I hope XD.
What's it worth? :evil:

And what's all this EVEN xtc? :twisted:

Thanks for that opinion, mate.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

If we do have a General Chat section, it will be implemented like the Role Play directory where it doesn't add to post count or it doesn't appear in the "New Posts" page. It will also be heavily monitored for content.

Basically, if it does come back we dont want it to hog all the attention like it did on the old site.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic