Ranks

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
freyjaceleste862

Ranks

Post by freyjaceleste862 »

Can I ask what are the new ranks for this site? In the old site, I think I was Kidnapper.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

TUG Ranks:
Lurker (No Posts)
Running Around (1 - 49 Posts)
Captured (50 - 99 posts)
Handcuffed (100 - 199 posts)
Duck-tapped (200 - 299 posts)
Sub-In-Training (300 - 399 posts)
Obedient Sub (400 - 499 posts)
Freed (500 - 599 posts)
Amateur Dom(600 - 699 posts)
Experienced Dom(700 - 899 posts)
Master Dominator (900 - 999)
Master (1000+)
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

And the rank images
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freyjaceleste862

Post by freyjaceleste862 »

chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago TUG Ranks:
Lurker (No Posts)
Captured (50 - 99 posts)
Freed (500 - 599 posts)
Master (1000+)
thanks very much
Michael-Colin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Michael-Colin »

And with this post, it seems I have ascended to the rank of "Captured." :)
Banner courtesy of bondagefreak ^_^
Link to story here - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7723
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Hey guys, I've changed the ranks and added new ones. The old rank images were too long for for the website and was being cut off in some cases, so I took off some on the width and added some to the height.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Plueschbabycd
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Plueschbabycd »

Hallo, I know would hard to become my old Rank. After this list it was on Top and till now there more Tethers I would respondent in old forum or I had already so it would make no sense to me do it again.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

If I did yours, it would only be fair I do everyone elses, which I don't even know who had what rank, or if you were even being truthful about yours. Sorry, but you'll have to build it back up again.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

In any case, ranks are meaningless. Especially considering most have "built" them up by posting on the "The last person to post on this thread wins" instead of actually contributing to forum content and/or promoting it's continuity.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

bondagefreak wrote: 6 years ago In any case, ranks are meaningless. Especially considering most have "built" them up by posting on the "The last person to post on this thread wins" instead of actually contributing to forum content and/or promoting it's continuity.
I actually set the role play forum to not add to post count, just to counteract those useless posts. I don't know if it's working, but I hope it is.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

So do I, Brother.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

You know we don't have to base ranks on post count. We can base it on something else entirely.

EDIT:

For example, everyone can have a standard rank, and to get special ranks they will have to do something special, like post a story that gains enough recognition or if they won a contest. We can custom assign ranks to anyone.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago
bondagefreak wrote: 6 years ago In any case, ranks are meaningless. Especially considering most have "built" them up by posting on the "The last person to post on this thread wins" instead of actually contributing to forum content and/or promoting it's continuity.
I actually set the role play forum to not add to post count, just to counteract those useless posts. I don't know if it's working, but I hope it is.
Good. That's definitely a clever move 8-)

Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

bondagefreak wrote: 6 years ago Good. That's definitely a clever move 8-)
You only say that because you would get the highest rank.
Perhaps I should start a new pictures thread- then I might end up outranking you... :lol:
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Pup[/mention] If you're trying to say that I'm one of the members with the least useless posts, then I accept the compliment ;)

[mention]chadmc90[/mention] The post-count countermeasure doesn't seem to be working. Not that it matters much either way.

Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

bondagefreak wrote: 6 years ago If you're trying to say that I'm one of the members with the least useless posts, then I accept the compliment ;)
Something along those lines :P xD
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago TUG Ranks:
Lurker (No Posts)
Captured (50 - 99 posts)
Freed (500 - 599 posts)
Master (1000+)
First off, this is REALLY low priority.
It's just an idea for the future, when things are calmer and have been running for a while.

The ranks are causing some confusion in the membership, more precisely among those of us who define ourselves as Doms, subs and switches.

I've received messages from three members since my 300th post, saying how surprised they were that I described myself as a "Sub-in-Training".
Of course, it takes just a minute or two to explain the default rank system, but it still has the potential to cause confusion later on; with Doms being displayed as being "Sub-in-Training" or "Obedient Sub" and active Sub posters later appearing as "Experienced Dom" or "Master Dominator".

In the future, when things are flowing good and you guys have the time, would editing the rank titles be something that might be considered?

chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Honestly, I've considered doing away with those ranks and making special ranks for story oriented achievements such as "Recgonized Author" or "Recgonized Reviewer." Especially with the profile flair we can give out profile trophies to those who win contests.

But I'll edit them.....eventually, which will probably be when we do away with such ranks completely.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

I don't wish to be tapped by a duct when I reach 200 posts. Duct TAPED would be okay.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

MaxRoper wrote: 6 years ago I don't wish to be tapped by a duct when I reach 200 posts. Duct TAPED would be okay.
They'll be going. We have some new ideas, now we are seeking inspiration. Any suggestions?
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Is there any way to make a limited choice within the system? \
Example: for someone with 50 - 99 posts, they could choose between captive,captor or switch the same way they can chose their gender.
Deleted User 715

Post by Deleted User 715 »

Either make them changeable based on preference, or make generic "TUG Newbie, TUG Expert, etc."
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Jason Toddman wrote: 6 years ago Is there any way to make a limited choice within the system? \
Example: for someone with 50 - 99 posts, they could choose between captive,captor or switch the same way they can chose their gender.
I'll double check again, but as far as I know ranks can only be set in the Admin Control Panel. And since only a select few people have access to that, letting users choose isn't an option.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago
Jason Toddman wrote: 6 years ago Is there any way to make a limited choice within the system? \
I'll double check again, but as far as I know ranks can only be set in the Admin Control Panel. And since only a select few people have access to that, letting users choose isn't an option.
Oh well; it was just an idea.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Actually, I was pointing out the spelling error (tapped vs taped). I like the system keeping track and displaying how many posts I've made but don't really care if there's a rank attached.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic