Search Engine Bots

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Solarbeast

Search Engine Bots

Post by Solarbeast »

I understand the need for this site to allow google bots and bing bots and the like to be active on this site, but I just noticed that baidu [spider] is now active on this site. Possibly like many other actual users of this site I did not know who this person was, and I quickly found out it was a Chinese type search engine bot. I have been educated through experience and the news that these types of other government run type search engine bots are never a good thing. I hope I’m wrong in this thought, but I’m worried that this is a start to the site being inundated with spam and other types of negativity, kind of like how other governments have used different types of phishing techniques to steal good peoples money and overall data. I’m not trying to be political, as that is not what this site should be, but I’m worried that allowing this bot will start to create negativity with both the site and the actual people using the site.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Those actually came preinstalled with phpBB, and I never messed with them. I guess I can disable them if it makes yall uncomfortable, though I assume they are harmless and are just indexing website for search engines.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

The Baiduspider bot does the same indexing work as the Google and Bing bots.
I wouldn't worry too much about it.
If you see lots of Bot activity on the website, it means we're gaining popularity ranking on the different search engines.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

I was more worried about the baidu spider bot because it was a Chinese one and through bad experiences I can no longer trust these types of bots. But the google and the bing bots, and other more well known search engine bots I have no problem with, and in fact I would very much like them to continue to do what they do for this site and many others.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Solarbeast wrote: 6 years ago I was more worried about the baidu spider bot because it was a Chinese one and through bad experiences I can no longer trust these types of bots.
You can no longer trust Chinese bots?
If it puts your mind at rest, Baidu is not some covert operation. It's simply the Chinese equivalent of Google.
An enormous amount of TUGs fans and Bondage-addicts come from China.
I think it would be great for all bondage fans in the far east (who are fluent enough in English) to be able find this place through their own search engine.

Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]bondagefreak[/mention] it wasn’t Chinese bots persay, it was just I kept getting a lot of spam type things coming at me that seemed to originate from China in some way, but if you say it’s ok, then I will trust you on that one.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Solarbeast wrote: 6 years ago @bondagefreak it wasn’t Chinese bots persay, it was just I kept getting a lot of spam type things coming at me that seemed to originate from China in some way, but if you say it’s ok, then I will trust you on that one.
Yes. Bondagefreak knows best 8-)
If ever you need to calm down, just come over and pay me a visit.
I'm sure a few hours of being wrapped up and gagged would do you a ton of good. You'd be able to let all your worries go ;)

Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]bondagefreak[/mention] if you were a female, I would be all for the invitation as that is the kind of bondage I like. But I am personally not a fan of a guy tying me up, or in general any male on male bondage.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Solarbeast wrote: 6 years ago @bondagefreak if you were a female, I would be all for the invitation as that is the kind of bondage I like. But I am personally not a fan of a guy tying me up, or in general any male on male bondage.
I know ;) Don't worry. No hard feelings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic