Notifications

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Notifications

Post by drawscore »

How do I delete notifications once they have been read?

Drawscore
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

User Control Panel-> manage notifications->Mark all as read
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago User Control Panel-> manage notifications->Mark all as read
That doesn't remove them however; the notifications just sit there. At least, they do on my screen. They don't even show as marked either once you move to a different page.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Oh, I see what you mean.

I'll look into it tonight. I may have to do something on the admin side.
Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

I could be wrong but I believe notification stay there either indefinitely or until a certain time has passed after viewing them. As far as marking them as read goes i think if you switch tabs you would have to refresh the page and this should update the unread/read status
Plueschbabycd
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Plueschbabycd »

Jason Toddman wrote: 6 years ago
That doesn't remove them however; the notifications just sit there. At least, they do on my screen. They don't even show as marked either once you move to a different page.
Could be that is no option for that. I think we have live with it till the forum mean that is too much.
Andrew
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

The most I can do is decrease the amount of time notifications stay in your history. Sorry, that's all I can offer.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago The most I can do is decrease the amount of time notifications stay in your history. Sorry, that's all I can offer.
Doesn't bother me one bit, actually. I just wanted to point out that your reply to Drawscore wasn't an actual solution to his question. Me, I just ignore the ones i've read since the newest ones are always on top and therefore easy to find regardless.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Jason Toddman wrote: 6 years ago
chadmc90 wrote: 6 years ago The most I can do is decrease the amount of time notifications stay in your history. Sorry, that's all I can offer.
Doesn't bother me one bit, actually. I just wanted to point out that your reply to Drawscore wasn't an actual solution to his question. Me, I just ignore the ones i've read since the newest ones are always on top and therefore easy to find regardless.
Yea I just scanned over his original message and thought he was talking about notifications that were being shown as unread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic