Mods, Admins, and Owner

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Thatworm
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Mods, Admins, and Owner

Post by Thatworm »

I'm confused on the rule as to why kids (Minors) aren't allowed to be posted on here. I get that a rule is a rule, and it's set for a reason. I just don't get why we should exclude minors being tied up. Can't we show love to minors that have been/were tied up in the past, or are having fun now? Why can't we show love to minors that may be on this website now also? We all love tie ups and tie up games, it should be allowed for everybody. It's kind of hard to not be intimate when all it is, is older teens and adults. Why not have a variety of tie up fun?
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Hi [mention]Thatworm[/mention],
It causes too many problems to have photgraphs of bound minors on the site.
Even innocent pics can attract trouble from those of ill will.
The decision has been arrived at without no little heart-searching and with considerable regret on certain parts.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Thatworm wrote: 5 years ago I'm confused on the rule as to why kids (Minors) aren't allowed to be posted on here. I get that a rule is a rule, and it's set for a reason. I just don't get why we should exclude minors being tied up. Can't we show love to minors that have been/were tied up in the past, or are having fun now? Why can't we show love to minors that may be on this website now also? We all love tie ups and tie up games, it should be allowed for everybody. It's kind of hard to not be intimate when all it is, is older teens and adults. Why not have a variety of tie up fun?
I am neither Mod, Admin or Owner, but since you posted this in the TUG Talk section instead of addressing the matter privately, I will also join in the exchange.

About your question, you're right; a rule is a rule.
There's nothing to be confused about.
Photos of minors are not allowed on this site.

By joining this forum, you basically agreed to these rules back when you signed up in February.
Those that don't like/don't want to abide by the rules, either don't sign up here or they join a community with different rules.

More importantly, I'm not sure what you mean when you say that we're excluding minors and not "showing love" (whatever that means) to minors who've been tied up in the past.

Nothing stops you from writing about minors.
This community is called "www.tugSTORIES.com" for a reason. If the goal of this site was to share pics, then it would be called "www.tugsphotos.com".

The rules only state that photos of minors are now allowed.
So I really don't get this thing about "not showing love...etc".

If you wanna see photos/videos of minors tied up, you can do so at your own discretion by using Google/Bing search bars, or by consulting sites like Youtube and Tumblr.

The reasons why these rules have been put in place, should be pretty damn obvious to anyone who follows local or national news. The site owner is responsible for everything that is posted on this board. All sorts of people frequent the web, many of which are lacking in judgement or common sense.

It only takes a few rotten apples to ruin the basket.
The rest should not be too hard to deduce...
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

boundsub
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by boundsub »

Agree with bondagefreak.

Neither a mod, admin or owner either but this rule is pretty self explanatory IMO and I'm a bit concerned with some members wanting to debate it since it's pretty clear.... images of those under 18- especially those who are obviously below age of consent laws invites trouble legally as well as inviting pedo's to be a bit frank. Despite the light hearted nature of TUG's it's still inherently somewhat suggestive and this need no further explanation as to why photos of minors aren't allowed...

The rule is in place for a very good reason and the site has had problems with certain former members causing issues.
Thatworm
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Thatworm »

I get it now, like it makes sense. The thing is, I just think it's rude that people that aren't of age, can't have fun doing tieupgames. I get that there's problems, I'm not saying or arguing to change the rules. I completely understand. It's just... You know.... The site is strictly adults, I feel like.
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Not sure what you're not getting, dude. Nowhere do they say that minors can't have fun with TUGs. Plenty of stories are about that and it's fine. It's posting PHOTOS of minors that is no good.
Thatworm
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Thatworm »

Nexus wrote: 5 years ago Not sure what you're not getting, dude. Nowhere do they say that minors can't have fun with TUGs. Plenty of stories are about that and it's fine. It's posting PHOTOS of minors that is no good.
It's just my feeling ok, I'm sorry...
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

They are just being careful with laws that's all it is.
There's nothing wrong with them as such, but the site owner decided they are better off playing it safe, which is perfectly reasonable. It's their issue if someone reports something after all . You could argue they are being paranoid, but paranoia is the secret to longevity.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they'r not out to get me!

And with that joke I'm locking this thread.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

And just to add my few cents to the topic before i delete it in a few days:

I own the server to the site. I am the one the police will contact if a picture of a seemingly innocent minor is actually a kidnapped kid.

I know the chances of that are slim, but especially in this day and age where people are sensitive about everything and want every possible excuse to shut down this site, or worse, you cant take any risks. So before you go criticizing us saying we're "rude" about not wanting to go through legal trouble, think before you speak.

And with that, the thread remains locked and this is the end of discussion about this topic.
Locked Previous topicNext topic