Site layout change.

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Site layout change.

Post by Pup »

Thought I'd comment on the "Welcome", My Bookmarks, what's new and style switcher sections now on every page of the forum (when on mobile atleast)
If you have a profile picture, the change essentially doubles the size of most pages of the website, and just generally doesn't have any useful purpose as far as I can see given you can access your posts from the top left anyway, and given your style setting saves why would you need to change your website style constantly?

Just curious if this is an intentional change or not.
Thanks

-Worth noting this is on the android chrome browser, don't know if it applies to all.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

This is what it looks like for me atleast, on the bottom of every forum page.
Screenshot_20180723-132308.png
Screenshot_20180723-132314.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I'm still working on it. I saw the extension and wanted to try it out and see what I could do. I'm also planning to modify the list of styles that increase the size of the panels so it won't look jumbled.

The mobile version of the website will be different, unfortunately, with the extension. Again, I'm going to play around with it to see what I can come up with.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

chadmc90 wrote: 5 years ago I'm still working on it. I saw the extension and wanted to try it out and see what I could do. I'm also planning to modify the list of styles that increase the size of the panels so it won't look jumbled.

The mobile version of the website will be different, unfortunately, with the extension. Again, I'm going to play around with it to see what I can come up with.
Ah okay, was just curious.
I'd certainly avoid tacking on too many extra bits on the end of every page. It is quite funny looking at the who is online page, for it to have the who is online widget thing directly under it... xD
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Personal opinion: the new style does niot suit me at all. Sorry!
I prefer to see more threads at once. The right hand panel seems to serve little purpose compared to the amount of space taken up.

Yours,
Mr. Miserable-Sod
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

I'll likely remove the extension anyways. Oh well, it was an idea....
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Things are often worth trying. Maybe others will have a different opinion.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic