PM Spam

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Driverman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Driverman »

I received a message from one of his old ones, which I ignored, and then received another one. I informed him I wanted to be left alone and that his spam messages are not appreciated, and he replied with an attempt to escalate me, using vulgar language. I then informed him his petty insults are nothing to me, and he replied he would leave me alone going forward.

Good luck to all, and thank you for all you do, Mods!
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Driverman wrote: 5 years ago I received a message from one of his old ones, which I ignored, and then received another one. I informed him I wanted to be left alone and that his spam messages are not appreciated, and he replied with an attempt to escalate me, using vulgar language. I then informed him his petty insults are nothing to me, and he replied he would leave me alone going forward.

Good luck to all, and thank you for all you do, Mods!
Best to ignore him entirely and inform an admin who it is. Reason is wasted on this idiot.
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

I truly wonder does anyone actually respond to him? It just seems so odd he repeatedly does this with minimal benefit
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

Let's just hope that he got the memo and doesn't come back at all.
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
Cleavegagger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Cleavegagger »

Any chance for the option to Block People in your message box. On other servers i've been on that seems to work pretty Well.
If you receive this sort of mail you just Block the user, taking away his target, he'll be sending mails without ever getting replies (after the Block they never appear in the recipients mailbox).
This has the advantage you can keep him Busy die Longer, he'll be sending mails without knowing they reach someone or not, now, once you banned him he knows he has to make a new account.
PS, i haven't got the slightest clue if this is programmable or not, it's just my experience with how other servers handle these kind of idiots.
a girl, neatly tied up and gagged is a beautifull sight. a girl, enjoying being tied up and gagged is the most beautifull thing i've ever seen. If you want my kik just ask.
Deleted User 1591

Post by Deleted User 1591 »

Cleavegagger wrote: 5 years ago Any chance for the option to Block People in your message box. On other servers i've been on that seems to work pretty Well.
If you receive this sort of mail you just Block the user, taking away his target, he'll be sending mails without ever getting replies (after the Block they never appear in the recipients mailbox).
This has the advantage you can keep him Busy die Longer, he'll be sending mails without knowing they reach someone or not, now, once you banned him he knows he has to make a new account.
PS, i haven't got the slightest clue if this is programmable or not, it's just my experience with how other servers handle these kind of idiots.
Go to the users profile and add him to your foes. Then go to your profile and set up a PM rule to delete messages from foes.
Deleted User 76

Post by Deleted User 76 »

Now that I remember, I also received a message from someone who wanted to do a kind of RP with me, I do not know if I wanted that, but I interpreted it that way, it was new, although I found the message harmless, only that it was of a category that did not I liked, then he deleted his account, I thought he had bothered my answer and he was judged =P, I do not know if it will be the same case
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

Movi wrote: 5 years ago Now that I remember, I also received a message from someone who wanted to do a kind of RP with me, I do not know if I wanted that, but I interpreted it that way, it was new, although I found the message harmless, only that it was of a category that did not I liked, then he deleted his account, I thought he had bothered my answer and he was judged =P, I do not know if it will be the same case
If it involved pretending to be his mom it was almost certainly the same person. If so, he didn't delete his own account; it was deleted for him - likely by me since i've dealt with this idiot dozens of times over the past ear or so.
In any case, i can assure you that this had nothing to do with you. If anything, any response from you - even a total rejection - would have only encouraged him. This fellow isn't bothered by anything as far as I can, so unless you threatened to mutilate him or something you won't have bothered him. In fact, you may hear from him again under a different guise. If so, and if that annoys you, let me or another admin know and we'll engage in a new round of pest control.
Deleted User 76

Post by Deleted User 76 »

Yes, now that you mentioned that was that person, but that more said, because even that he said I did not see it as serious, I thought it was a fetish and I have seen many types of fetish, what other things have said to make many people get angry?
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Had the mom RP message too, made me laugh but I stayed polite 8-) That topic is useful, good to know what's going on.
don't run ! I'm friendly ...
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

Yeah, I also got that message a while ago. Given that in my stories or comments I have never express my interest for pretending to be someone's mom and tying them up, I figured he had chosen me at random so I just ignored him.
Deleted User 650

Post by Deleted User 650 »

Yep, I know exactly who you are talking about. It's the same guy who makes many accounts. I report him every time he messages me and I get him removed.

Den
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Keep reporting him, Den.
I shall cross my fingers while I write that he doesn't seem to have resurfaced lately. (Have you ever tried typing with your fingers crossed?)
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

If I can type with mitts on, you guys can type with your fingers crossed.

I've been lucky with how little spam I've been getting.
Likely due to the great work by the admins and mods. 😁
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic