Private Feedback Forum

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Private Feedback Forum

Post by FelixSH »

In another forum I visit we recently added a subforum for private feedback. The topics that are posted there can only be seen by mods, admins and the user who started the topic. For example, if I would make a topic there, I could see at, as could the whole team, but no other user would see that there is even a topic there.

I find this to be pretty useful. That way, you don't have to contact one specific mod who might not have time in the next few hours, but whichever mod sees the topic first can deal with it. That way the whole mod team can also talk with the topic creator.

How about something like that here? Assuming it is even doable here.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I can see your point but why not just pm the mods simply adding names to the "recipients" list?
That way we all get an instant notification.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

The theory is, that of you post it in public, you invite public comment.

There os another theory, which says "Praise in public; criticize in privte."

Drawscore
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

Xtc wrote: 6 years ago I can see your point but why not just pm the mods simply adding names to the "recipients" list?
That way we all get an instant notification.
To be honest, I forgot that you can simply send PMs to multiple people. But than, there is no easy way to see who the Admin/Mod team even consists of. The butten "The team" on the bottom isn't particularly obvious. It's also easier to just make a new topic than a PM, where you need to add every necessary recepient. Diskussion is probably also way easier in a topic than via PM.

Maybe it's not particularly relevant now, but if the board gets to the size of the old one and we maybe have more mods it would likely make this stuff easier.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

There's actually an extension I saw for contacting the admins. I'll look at it again and add it if it helps with what you want.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic