Search

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Search

Post by Gagfan »

First off thank you admin and moderators for all your hard work.

Now i dont know how much control you guys have over the site search function, but is there any way at all to improve it? Search strings i specifically want to hunt for like “duct tape” or “sleeping bag” are tossed for words being too common and the search will just look up single words rather than the complete phrase. It makes it hard to specifically hunt for stories that will specifically interest me. Usually I have to resort to using google to search rather than the websites search function
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
freyjaceleste862

Post by freyjaceleste862 »

Gagfan wrote: 5 years ago First off thank you admin and moderators for all your hard work.

Now i dont know how much control you guys have over the site search function, but is there any way at all to improve it? Search strings i specifically want to hunt for like “duct tape” or “sleeping bag” are tossed for words being too common and the search will just look up single words rather than the complete phrase. It makes it hard to specifically hunt for stories that will specifically interest me. Usually I have to resort to using google to search rather than the websites search function
I agree you have to rather use google to search within this site
observer1
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by observer1 »

Hi

For those who don't know how to search this site with google, this is how to search for "sleeping bag":

<"sleeping bag" site:tugstories.com> (without the brackets)

cheers
observer1
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic