classical B&W inspired (M/M)

Post TUG Artwork here. This does NOT include photos of real people.
Note: Remember to cite any source you found online!
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

classical B&W inspired (M/M)

Post by LK3869 »

[media]
BOWERY.jpg
[/media]
First post here :)
Got a DA page ( " LK3869" ) for TUG drawings and a few photomontages, will try not to double-post too much...
Don't know about you but my TUP fantasies didn't come out of nowhere, saw such things in movies and on TV when I was young and it took over my inside world... First one I clearly remember was "the man who knew too much" by Hitchcok: there's a kidnaping plot in it but no real "kidnap scenes" but it left a strong impression on me ( that plus my mother saying something like " don't you have better tings to do than watching films where kids are taken away", very bad move from her, cause from then on, I knew there was something to dig further... )
So, this one is not from Hitch's movie but from a 50's ( i guess ) TV show: too clever and curious kid finds some smugglers who then have to take action...
Tried to render that "danger" feeling so typical of "boy detectives" stories, with looming bad guys and dark warehouse...
Found my ref pics in some footage provided by "smugglerJ", on his Youtube channel. It's full of classical such scenes, from the black and white fifties to the eighties and nineties ( my youth...) Video's called "Bowery", probably from the very old "Bowery kid" mysterie books...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LK3869 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
don't run ! I'm friendly ...
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Good to see your first post on this site.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Yeah, thought that deserved some original work, dit it all this morning ;)
I think I'll post those "TV/movies inspired" drawings here, since they're quite gratuitous and I'm trying other things on DA...
My coming 10 pages or so story inspired by my teen years could fit in here though, cause it's based on reality... You guys thought of a special place for "graphic short stories" ? You know my style, so where do you think I should put them ?
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

As long as it involves tying up, I'm sure it will fit here in the "True Stories" category, adult section.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

That's a wonderful piece of art [mention]LK3869[/mention].
Enchanté de faire votre connaissance.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

Nice work, the artstyle does fit the mood that you want to convey really well. The victim is especilly well done.

I'm also looking forward to your story now. ;)

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

bondagefreak wrote: 6 years ago That's a wonderful piece of art @LK3869.
Enchanté de faire votre connaissance.
Same here
see you're from Quebec, spend 10 months in Montreal in 1998, will post something related soon :)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]LK3869[/mention] Hope you were here for "Le grand verglas de 1998" ;)
Too bad I was just a kid back then. Not having electricity for three weeks in the middle of winter would've been a good excuse to have some friends over and truss them up real good in thick sleeping bags.

LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

bondagefreak wrote: 6 years ago [mention]LK3869[/mention] Hope you were here for "Le grand verglas de 1998" ;)
Too bad I was just a kid back then. Not having electricity for three weeks in the middle of winter would've been a good excuse to have some friends over and truss them up real good in thick sleeping bags.
Was there from 98' summer to 99' summer, so missed the verglas :)
Was 21 myself...
Speaking of sleeping, getting late here, wish to talk in french next time ?
Last edited by LK3869 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]LK3869[/mention]
Yes, it feels a bit strange to be speaking to you in this language, even though we both use it fluently.
However, not communicating in english here would be a impolite to most members.
We can talk via the chatroom and private messaging though.

Bonne nuit. À demain !

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

[quote=bondagefreak post_id=1852 time=1521500964 user_id=73]
@LK3869
Yes, it feels a bit strange to be speaking to you in this language, even though we both use it fluently.
However, not communicating in english here would be a impolite to most members.
We can talk via the chatroom and private messaging though.

[/quot[mention]LK3869[/mention]

Oui, c'est ca, je vous remerci. (Sorry, it's late here too and I can't be arsed to find a cedilla for the c.)
Veracity

Post by Veracity »

This is lovely. I've been enjoying your art at DA as well.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Veracity wrote: 6 years ago This is lovely. I've been enjoying your art at DA as well.
Thanks ! I'll try to stay soft around here and keep my most agressive stuff for DA, have some balance between the two...
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

In the same vein, the first thing I posted on DeviantArt:
French kids book series "Michel" - kind of Hardy boys, except he's alone or with his cousin, same kind of plots, ultra-classical 60s stuff - had wonderfull black and white drawings that fuelled my imagination for years.
It inspired me a "2017" evocation:
[image]
Michel 2017 .jpg
[/image]
Michel 2017 02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LK3869 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Veracity

Post by Veracity »

I love your drawing style. It's very distinctive.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

thanks again...
Call it "rough style" because it tries to bring back those stricking pics in boy detectives books: strong shading, quite sketchy figures... Illustrations are sh.t in kids or "young adults" books these days, if you ask me... They'll never develop the same kinks as we did with this kind of weak-ass "art" :mrgreen:
MisterMistoffelees
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MisterMistoffelees »

Very nice work!
Welcome to Snowden! Enter at your own risk!
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

MisterMistoffelees wrote: 6 years ago Very nice work!
Thanks ! Just saw that girl you posted, nice too !
Veracity

Post by Veracity »

LK3869 wrote: 6 years ago thanks again...
Call it "rough style" because it tries to bring back those stricking pics in boy detectives books: strong shading, quite sketchy figures... Illustrations are sh.t in kids or "young adults" books these days, if you ask me... They'll never develop the same kinks as we did with this kind of weak-ass "art" :mrgreen:
I know what you mean. I’ve been looking at a large horde of illustraions by Pierre Joubert recently. Being American, His work was not a part of my childhood. His boys are so beautiful with long bare legs, in snappy looking scout uniforms, and often shirtless, getting in fights and other genuinely dangerous situations, and getting tied up with some frequency. I think that nothing like this would be allowed now, more’s the pity.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Wonderfully evocative drawings. You have a personal style that tells a story in one scene. I look forward to more.

And thank you Veracity for mentioning Pierre Joubert. I hadn't thought of him for a while but must admit he had a large influence on me. His drawings are subtly erotic and as you say would never be allowed in kid lit today.
Last edited by MaxRoper 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
MisterMistoffelees
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MisterMistoffelees »

LK3869 wrote: 6 years ago
MisterMistoffelees wrote: 6 years ago Very nice work!
Thanks ! Just saw that girl you posted, nice too !
Thanks back at you! Alyssa cleans up pretty nicely, like her friends. :D
Welcome to Snowden! Enter at your own risk!
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

MaxRoper wrote: 6 years ago Wonderfully evocative drawings. You have a personal style that tells a story in one scene. I look forward to more.

And thank you Veracity for mentioning Pierre Joubert. I hadn't thought of him for a while but must admit he had a large influence on me. His drawings are subtly erotic and as you say would never be allowed in kid lit today.
You two said it all !
"Older" kids books or comics: they'd allways go for a stricking scene for cover, young hero(es) tied up, grabbed by the bad guys or in near death perils...
Some stricking exemples ( not really B&W, but you get the idea ):
Kiwi-Blek-le-Roc-N°517-Ed-Lug.jpg
Kiwi-Blek-le-Roc-N°490-Ed-Lug.jpg
Kiwi-Blek-le-Roc-N°293-Ed-Lug.jpg
CasseursRAPT EN FLASHBACK.JPG
326511453_L.jpg
Checked the modern equivalents lately, none of that and childish, non impressive illustrations...
Some of that has somehow migrated to TV shows, I'm thinking of the german show " Die Pfefferkorner", it's full of TUGs, boys and girls...
Veracity

Post by Veracity »

When I visited Montreal some years ago I went into a shop selling bandes-dessinèes and brought home several volumes of work by Jacques Martin and Paul Cuvelier. Now I have all of the volumes of Alix and Corentin, full of adventure and bondage, even though French is not my language, and it takes me forever to read them properly. Last year a new volume of Corentin was published, based on an unused scenario from the 1960s and drawn by Christophe Simon. It is very beautiful and well worth a look.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Veracity wrote: 6 years ago When I visited Montreal some years ago I went into a shop selling bandes-dessinèes and brought home several volumes of work by Jacques Martin and Paul Cuvelier. Now I have all of the volumes of Alix and Corentin, full of adventure and bondage, even though French is not my language, and it takes me forever to read them properly. Last year a new volume of Corentin was published, based on an unused scenario from the 1960s and drawn by Christophe Simon. It is very beautiful and well worth a look.
Forgot those very well drawn stories... You can also check Hermann, he does "Jeremiah" and did some incredible "Bernard Prince" - pure 70s stuff, each pic full of details - light on bondage but with great action scenes and an always present " para-erotic" mood. Did some fanart of that on DeviantArt ( same username ), and of " Blek le roc" featuring Rowdy, my childhood hero ( see 3 first pics of my last post ).
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

Don't think I've ever come across the Kiwi comics but those looked very good
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic