TUG STORIES POLL - Short or Long Chapters

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.

In general, which do you prefer?

Stories that feature long chapters (10+ mins read time), with a rate of about one chapter per week?
42%
Stories that feature shorter chapters (5 mins read time), with a rate of about 2-3 chapters per week?
58%

Total votes: 43

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

TUG STORIES POLL - Short or Long Chapters

Post by bondagefreak »

Just another poll designed to test the audience.
Vote and explain!
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Carson33
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Carson33 »

I feel like some people’s attention span can go only so far especially if it’s very detail oriented or there’s a lot going on. Sometimes it’s best to have shorter chapter so your reader can get a break and understand/comprehend the material.
Tsuhaya
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tsuhaya »

A difficult decision, I love long chapters, but my curiosity suffers from having to wait one week for a chapter, so I'll choose short chapters updated more often. I also think it is preferred by younger readers, since the long chapters can sometimes be scary
Yes, it's me in the picture. What are you waiting for to tie me up and gag me?
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Up to about 2500 words is OK. Any longer and it sometimes demands too much of a person's time when they migt have several stories thay are following.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
BondageKitten
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BondageKitten »

I love to read, so whether the story is long or short makes no difference to me. :D And waiting for the next chapter, be it once weekly or 2 to 3 times a week gives me something to look forward to.
I'm a damsel. I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

I'm definitely good with either- when it comes to more conventional stories I would say short chapters- cuz I often lose focus when reading, though that seems to not be a problem with your stories BondageFreak so long chapters FTW!
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

I prefer shorter chapters, I find them easier to read. (short attention span :lol: )

If the writer posts 2 or 3 chapters a week, it gives us more to visit the site for. Also with more chapters posted, the chance of more replies is probable, giving the writer more feedback, and encouragement. 8-)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Pup wrote: 6 years ago I'm definitely good with either- when it comes to more conventional stories I would say short chapters- cuz I often lose focus when reading, though that seems to not be a problem with your stories BondageFreak so long chapters FTW!
Thanks Pup.
I consider most of my chapters short though, especially in comparison to some of [mention]Jason Toddman[/mention]'s and [mention]Xtc[/mention]'s. I used to write longer chapters in the past, but decided to try and cut back on length and instead focus on frequency.
[mention]Tieup1[/mention] is right. This usually results in more feedback overall.

Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

bondagefreak wrote: 6 years ago
Pup wrote: 6 years ago I'm definitely good with either- when it comes to more conventional stories I would say short chapters- cuz I often lose focus when reading, though that seems to not be a problem with your stories BondageFreak so long chapters FTW!
Thanks Pup.
I consider most of my chapters short though, especially in comparison to some of @Jason Toddman's and @Xtc's. I used to write longer chapters in the past, but decided to try and cut back on length and instead focus on frequency.
@Tieup1 is right. This usually results in more feedback overall.
In my case i generally make the chapters as long as the story itself demands; placing chapter ends at natural cliffhanger points. I never plan chapter lengths any other way than what seems natural for a story's flow.
Fordman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fordman »

I’ll read any good story regardless of length, but I can’t stand it when a story is left unfinished.
squirrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by squirrel »

I definitely prefer reading shorter chapters, but more of them :) It's something like eating the whole pizza or dividing it into smaller pieces :)
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: SQUIRREL'S STORIES

Plueschbabycd
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Plueschbabycd »

Hallo for me is like Jason Toddman, only border I have is 1,5 page under this I fond it to short. :) Byway how many Pages can I post per post ?
Thank your.
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

I prefer shorter chapters, mostly due to my difficulties reading on a computer screen. Five minutes is about all I want to spend at one time.

Another excellent poll question. Thanks for asking.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Carson33 wrote: 6 years ago I feel like some people’s attention span can go only so far especially if it’s very detail oriented or there’s a lot going on. Sometimes it’s best to have shorter chapter so your reader can get a break and understand/comprehend the material.
Excellent point, Carson.
Thanks for the comments and votes everyone. Keep them coming!

Veracity

Post by Veracity »

If I think a chapter is too long I can always stop reading and come back to it later. On the other hand, if the chapters are short I will usually wait until there are three or four chapters before I even start reading. But that's just me. You do you.
wolololobondager
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by wolololobondager »

I usually post by word count, which for me is a minimum of 850 words. But my writing style should pull that off easily, and so does the reading speed of some users here. Anyone else go by a word limit rule?
Stories that involve a group getting themselves trussed up will always be my kryptonite-anyways, I'm a guy it's just my avatar features a female
Cleavegagger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Cleavegagger »

I'm overal more interessed in shorter stories. Most Longer stories make me loose interesse because they bore me with top much detail or i can't keep up with the updates and get stuck with halftold stories
a girl, neatly tied up and gagged is a beautifull sight. a girl, enjoying being tied up and gagged is the most beautifull thing i've ever seen. If you want my kik just ask.
Veracity

Post by Veracity »

No offense, but I don’t understand the concept of “too much detail.”
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Veracity wrote: 5 years ago No offense, but I don’t understand the concept of “too much detail.”
There is no real concept to understand, my friend.
It's purely a question of taste.

Many readers on here have expressed a certain disliking for long, well-develop stories, and for exactly the same reasons [mention]Cleavegagger[/mention] has mentioned. That would explain why longer stories are almost always less popular/commented on than their shorter counterparts.

Also keep in mind that most users do not navigate the board properly and insist on doing so manually instead of using the integrated tools that were designed into these time-proven phpbb systems.

If I did not use the Quick Links tab at the top-left of the forum, I too would be missing all the updates and new chapters on the stories I've started reading, and would most likely fall behind and simply move on to shorter stories.

One thing I have a moderate tolerance for when reading TUG stories on this board, is irrelevant data.
I'm not talking about snippets here and there. But some of the stuff I've read, feature large amounts of irrelevant data, right at the start.

That doesn't work for me. ESPECIALLY when I'm intent on reading something to get some level of sexual gratification.

On another note, ONCE I'm already caught up in the story and start to enjoy the plot and/or connect to the characters, THEN I enjoy the more intricate details.

When it comes to bondage and TUG scenes, I seldom find what I'm looking for.
Most of the stories I've read, feature too-little detail for my taste.

The majority of users seem to prefer reading stories that feature quick descriptions of events, with many tie up scenes unfolding within a paragraph or two. Little time is spent elaborating on the methods, feelings, atmosphere and sensations involved.

I can enjoy that for a bit, but I usually end up losing interest after the first handful of chapters.
I am not usually a fan of fast-paced, repeat, bondage fests. That being said, I do enjoy SOME.

One thing's for certain; we've got lots of different tastes on here!
Thankfully, with the wide range of works being provided by the authors, I'm of the opinion that there's something on here for almost everyone to enjoy...whether it's chapters be short OR long.

Cleavegagger
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Cleavegagger »

[mention]bondagefreak[/mention] that pretty much Sums it up for me. I've should've made it clear it's the details that destract from the stories that bother me. Sometimes you're reading a story and keep wondering "where is this leading too", that are the stories i quit reading. Once your imagination is triggered it can even be a bonus to get into overly details to keep readers in suspence and wondering but i (and this is indeed purely my opinion) pretty much hate Pages and Pages of intro that are only used for (again my opinion) making the storie Longer.

That said, it's clear my knowledge of the English language isn't big enough to express my opinion in here so i Will ignore the tug chat departement from now on and refrain myself to storie reading (which i Will comment if i like the storie).

Wish you all a very good day
a girl, neatly tied up and gagged is a beautifull sight. a girl, enjoying being tied up and gagged is the most beautifull thing i've ever seen. If you want my kik just ask.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Cleavegagger[/mention]
The right to unjustly self-discipline yourself is entirely yours of course.
But know that neither I, nor [mention]Veracity[/mention] have said anything to suggest that you should refrain from expressing yourself.

That is the whole purpose of this section. To discuss, share and exchange thoughts and ideas.

Veracity

Post by Veracity »

bondagefreak wrote: 5 years ago @Cleavegagger
The right to unjustly self-discipline yourself is entirely yours of course.
But know that neither I, nor @Veracity have said anything to suggest that you should refrain from expressing yourself.

That is the whole purpose of this section. To discuss, share and exchange thoughts and ideas.
And @Cleavegagger, the reason I said, "No offense" was precisely because I believe you have the right to your opinion, even when I don't exactly agree with it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic