Public bondage conundrum

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
TheOldPirate
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Public bondage conundrum

Post by TheOldPirate »

You and your partner go to the grocery store with one of you tied up, perhaps on a leash. The store gets enough complaints that the police are called.

So here's the conundrum; If you wind up arrested, what do they do with the tied up individual? Do they untie and then cuff them, or just leave them tied up?
nitronovice
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by nitronovice »

I'd imagine they would cuff the unrestrained one first so they can't resist for the restrained partner . Then cuff the already restrained one which should be easy since they are already tied up. Palms out, key holes up to make escape from any current restraints even harder. They would have to use their own cuffs since they know it hasn't been tampered with.
I personally wouldn't mind if they handcuffed me and left all my restraints on :lol:
TiedAndTaped3D
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TiedAndTaped3D »

I suspect that they would handcuff the one walking around free and leave the other one tied up. I knew someone once who went for a late night walk with their wrists tied behind their back. The cops rolled up on them, left them tied up and took them back to their place to check out their story before finally untying them and letting them off with a warning. Needless to say, that the was their last late-night bondage walk.
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club
Location: Tied up and spanked over your knee, or in the dungeon tormenting you!

Post by JulieG »

I suspect the free partner would be handcuffed first, then the bound partner untied. If they allege abuse they may stay untied, if arrested they’d be handcuffed. Can’t keep,someone just tied up because if they get rope marks, nerve damage etc police are probably liable for not restraint the, in an approved way.
RopePlayer
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by RopePlayer »

What charge could the police use to make an arrest? If the store owner claimed trespass, presumably they would just leave the store. Once outside, along as the “leashee” advised the police that she was a completely consenting adult, what defendable grounds would the police have to make an arrest?
Sian91
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Sian91 »

Who says the leashee is a she?
TheOldPirate
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TheOldPirate »

In my mind there's a lot of fiction potential here. She (in my mind it's a gal) doesn't immediately get released, but is kept in the straitjacket because it's evidence. Indeed, our gal goes through a sort of hell navigating the bureaucratic purgatory due to her being straitjacketed. Meanwhile her partner, who was considerably more interested in this fantasy and pushed her into it, winds up with a suspended sentence.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Why would I, or anyone else, do this in the first place?
TheOldPirate
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TheOldPirate »

Kyle wrote: 3 days ago Why would I, or anyone else, do this in the first place?
For some it's a kink. Not that I'm recommending doing it.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

RopePlayer wrote: 3 days ago What charge could the police use to make an arrest? If the store owner claimed trespass, presumably they would just leave the store. Once outside, along as the “leashee” advised the police that she was a completely consenting adult, what defendable grounds would the police have to make an arrest?
Well, that entirely depends on the jurisdiction; a lot of places have very broad "public nuisance" laws in place, from centuries ago, still on the books and very much applicable on a whim. And even if there is no such law on the books, the arrest can still be made and charges cooked up later. It will be a long while, long after the arrest, before some judge rules the arrest unlawful, if that even ever happens.

And since this thread started out as a hypothetical, it is the premise of some kinky stories. In a fictional setting, it does provide an interesting plot device, of the protagonist (I'm imagining the leashed person as the protagonist) going from being willingly restrained by his or her partner to being unwillingly restrained by the officers sworn to protect people (again, depending on jurisdictions, as in some the police is the last thing one wants to see in any situation).

In real life, I would indeed advise not to attempt to find out. You may be left off with a warning at best, but could also end up with a permanent criminal record on your file, even as the leashed sub.

To me, the real public bondage conundrum is not so much the police intervention itself as the non-consent of every one else, like the store owner and the store's clients, AND just how far those non-consenting individuals would consider an appropriate response to be; they may consider just a police arrest and warning as not enough!

Societal mores are in constant flux: it used to be that a young unmarried couple kissing in public would be grounds for arrest, on the grounds that such a show of affection in public was indecent. Today, even in some places where those laws are still in place, such shows of affection are common and no one bats an eyelash. I'm aware there are large cities with well established kink communities, where tops walking their restrained and leashed bottoms is no more out of place as that young couple from decades ago, but I would definitely not risk it outside the boundaries of those communities.

And, perhaps, one day, one can always fantasize, it will be grounds for arrest to NOT have your consensual sub on a leash ;) (but that is best as pure fantasy)
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

TheOldPirate wrote: 2 days ago
Yeah, this is one I don't understand at all, why people feel the need to do things like this in public. I'm hoping it's just a wild fantasy, but the way people discuss it makes me wonder sometimes. Not everything needs to be public.

If police get involved, and they arrest the leashed/restrained person, too, they'll put them in handcuffs. If someone is handcuffed by a security guard or bounty hunter (uncommon, but some security guards do have handcuffs), the police will put them in their own handcuffs before taking the person in. This is far less "official" than that is.
TiedAndTaped3D
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TiedAndTaped3D »

Kyle wrote: 1 day ago
TheOldPirate wrote: 2 days ago
Yeah, this is one I don't understand at all, why people feel the need to do things like this in public. I'm hoping it's just a wild fantasy, but the way people discuss it makes me wonder sometimes. Not everything needs to be public.
I think part of it is exhibitionism. There was a store in Philly that would do suspension demos on the first Friday of the month. This store used to be a drug store so it had huge windows in the front. Passerbies could see what was going on. I was suspended once and managed to wave to a couple of people as they passed the window just because I thought it was funny. To at least one woman's credit, she waved back.
TheOldPirate
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TheOldPirate »

There was a store in Philly that would do suspension demos on the first Friday of the month. This store used to be a drug store so it had huge windows in the front.

We had a local shop with had a "rope night." We expended a great deal of effort putting up HUGE curtains at the front to block the windows.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic