Handcuffs

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Handcuffs

Post by David Han »

Safe to use handcuffs as part of a scene? If you do, which kind you use ?
Tie me up and have fun with me
Fesselfan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Fesselfan »

Don't use the cheap ones avaiable for low $ almost everywhere, they are pretty unsafe and prone to hurt the victim if used for real restraining.
They need to have a double lock. If locked properly -by turning the key in the opposite direction after placing it on the victim- they cannot go tighter again even when placed under great pressure.
A good pointer is to check which handcuffs are used by the police.

Cheers

FF
Rope is the sexiest lingerie. And there is only one thing better than rope- even more rope.
radarlove67
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by radarlove67 »

Agree with Fesselfan. I have used them once or twice and reliability is vital.

I much prefer something that is easily removed or can be cut in an emergency. Handcuffs unless high quality are an unknown factor that a TUG can do without imo.
superbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by superbound »

Well, it depends. I've had real handcuffs used on me that police/prison guards use. I've also had some used on me with a release switch.

It really comes down to you and the person you are playing with and experience level.

For me, I play bondage in real life and have since I was 19 and I am well in my 30s, so I enjoy the real stuff.

Those who are just starting or unsure, it would be best to use something less extreme and I suggest the ones with the safety release. It usually has this little switch that you slide to lock/unlock the position, and then on the cuff itself there is a release lever.
I get tied up for real and it's not fantasy for me.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

I have cheap ones ($9 each, with big key) and I have Smith & Weston's, with the small key (similar to what the police uses). the advantage of the cheap ones is that the key is bigger, the keyhole is bigger and it makes it a little easier to unlock. The S&W ones have small keyholes and especially on the black ones, the keyhole can be hard to see if there is no bright light.

The double locking on the S&W ones works much better than the cheap ones.

You can get a decent S&W pair for $50 on Amazon. Also, get one (or two) of the special keys that cops use, the handle is longer and they work easier.
But either way, always play safe.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

There seems to be a small malfunction in getting a comment posted, but one more time:

I'd probably use stage or magicians' handcuffs. They look, feel, and work like the real things, and, like real handcuffs, and be "double locked." Without the key, or without knowing the trick, you can't take them off.

The double lock (and the handcuffs, themselves) can be picked with a piece of spring steel, 1/8th to 3/16ths of an inch wide; 3-4 inches long, (available in foot long lengths from any locksmith). Use wire cutters to clip the spring steel to the shorter length.

It takes a little practice, but with practice, you can get good at it.

They are available in both linked, and hinged, at most magic shops, and on the internet at eBay.

Drawscore
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

I have a pair of heavy duty police-grade Peerless steel handcuffs.
Worth about 40USD.

Asking whether or not they're safe is like asking whether or not crossing the street is safe.
Of course it's safe...IF you know how to use them and choose your playmates correctly.
There's no "yes" or "no". It's always an "if".
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Melanie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Melanie »

It might be a good idea to have some padding around the wrists, be it a long sleeve sweater or wristbands (like tennis players wear). Especially if you play rough.
shyguy92
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by shyguy92 »

Agree with what everyone else has said.

I'll also say in my own experience good police-grade ones (such as Peerless or Smith and Wesson if you live in the U.S. or Canada) are much better than the cheap stuff. The cheap ones tend to have sharp edges, rust faster, and are more likely to get stuck/ break. Which is naturally extra awkward if you happen to be wearing them at the time.
MtnReign
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MtnReign »

Skip cheaper or fuzzy stereotypical ones. Get real double hinged cuffs right off the bat, they'll fair much better over time and actually work.
AbductedAddiction
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by AbductedAddiction »

I only allow police-grade type handcuffs used on me. And everyone is correct, it's a question of HOW they are used or IF the person KNOWS how to use them correctly. If they have no experience, I do not allow them to cuff me. Only experienced. I've been hurt by them before.... and yes they can cut you.
Discord: AbductedAddict#9202
m/m (18+ ONLY)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic