Bondage gear recommendations

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
mrc14
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Bondage gear recommendations

Post by mrc14 »

Hi everyone!

I think this topic has been treated before, but I can't find it through the forum, so I'm going to ask again and see if I can get any help.

I'm planning on buying some bondage gear, and I would like to know if you have some recommendations so I can ease my search. I'm thinking mainly in duct tape (the kindest to be used over skin or clothes) and rope, but if you know stores that offer quality handcuffs, blindfolds, gags....that you have in mind I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Open to chat and make new friends (M/F). Love bondage and tickling. Let me tie you tighter, and tighter, and tighter.... ;)
Terry45
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Terry45 »

I recommend The Twisted Monk for bondage rope:

https://twistedmonk.com/collections/rope

Advantages: they offer cotton and hemp rope that is specifically designed for bondage. It's less likely to bruise or cut off circulation than the nylon or polypropylene that's found at the hardware store and it feels softer, but it still very much gets the job done. They offer a variety of colors. Shipping is decently fast--my latest order arrived in about ten days. And it comes in a discreet package with no indication of what's inside.

One disadvantage: it's expensive. No denying that, but I say that if someone is willing to play tugs with me, it is worth the money to get the best and safest rope.
mrc14
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mrc14 »

Thanks for the link, the recommendation and the explanation Terry!

The main thing I'm looking for is that the rope feels comfortable while being effective, so as you say it would probably worth the price.

If I finally buy them I would let you know how it goes, I'm also searching for some duct tape so I could mix both and gradually get more coils :D
Open to chat and make new friends (M/F). Love bondage and tickling. Let me tie you tighter, and tighter, and tighter.... ;)
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

There is this bondage tape which sticks only to itself but not to your skin.
U+101D3
mrc14
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mrc14 »

I actually bought a roll of that tape a few days ago! From LoveHoney, but to be honest I'm skeptic comparing it to the usual tape, let's see if it's effective.

Lot of bondage studios use some specific duct tape that is sticky but doesn't hurt the skin, and they also use it to gag but it goes easily off from long hair, but I'm not really sure which one it is.
Chiclets
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Chiclets »

Instead of duct tape, I recommend microfoam tape. It’s easily available on Amazon (you can get a box of 6 rolls for less than $30). It holds well and stretches with your movements, and it’s a lot friendlier to the skin.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Chiclets wrote: 7 months ago Instead of duct tape, I recommend microfoam tape. It’s easily available on Amazon (you can get a box of 6 rolls for less than $30). It holds well and stretches with your movements, and it’s a lot friendlier to the skin.
I second this. Microfoam tape is definitely worth the money.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
leconteur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by leconteur »

mrc14 wrote: 7 months ago I actually bought a roll of that tape a few days ago! From LoveHoney, but to be honest I'm skeptic comparing it to the usual tape, let's see if it's effective.

Lot of bondage studios use some specific duct tape that is sticky but doesn't hurt the skin, and they also use it to gag but it goes easily off from long hair, but I'm not really sure which one it is.
The tape your thinking of is PVC tape- its just wider electrical tape (that real thin black stuff). Microfoam as others have mentioned is also used but it only comes in white. The pvc tape is almost as gentle as microfoam though not quite as nice but very much better than most duct tape. Gaffing tape can also be a cheaper substitute than either, some of it is not quite so bad as duct tape is on hair and skin. It is of course not as sticky and immobilizing but can be wound around and around to be effective.

I recommend getting high quality rope that has not been treated with jute bailing oil or any other adulterants from a source like rawganique- they have a website and ship free if you buy enough. One can dye this rope with fiber reactive powder from a place like dharma trading co. Always keep cloth cutting EMR shears near for cutting rope in case something happens with your self restraining wrist cinch.
33/m/rope bunny Always willing to answer questions and provide guidance where it is requested.
mrc14
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mrc14 »

Thank you all for your messages and advices!

Yeah, I was talking about both PVC and microfoam tape, but I didn't remember their names, I will keep that in mind if I end up buying some rolls hehe.

Same for the rope, I will try some of them and see how it goes now that I have some options :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic