For those who are Switches, what type are you?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.

What type of Switch are you?

Dom-Leaning Switch
27%
Pure Switch
32%
Sub-Leaning Switch
41%

Total votes: 73

Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

For those who are Switches, what type are you?

Post by Starcomet »

I am still shocked by the results of BoundJana's poll that showed that the majority of users on the site are switches counting both male and female together. I usually notice a lot of submissives like me on most sites and communities and only a handful of doms and switches, but that could be because maybe many submissive males are quite...vocal in the desire to find a dom. However, I feel it is best to try and clarify the type of switch an individual is as there are nuances for everyone who considers themself a switch. I have been in the bdsm community long enough and have encountered my fair share of switches and I know there are not many 50/50 "pure" switches.

I have personally run into a lot of switches who, despite advertising themselves as switches, tend to usually end up bound and gagged the most and thus could be considered a sub-leaning switch. I also have encountered people who dom a lot but will only be submissive for the "right" person and thus could be considered dom-leaning.

What do all of you switches consider yourself?
WillHBonney
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by WillHBonney »

I’ve put myself down as a dom leaning switch. Which is funny because originally I was a pure sub when I was younger but I’ve evolved to where I am now.
Although I think it depends on the format. I prefer to writing my stories from a submissive perspective. When RPing I’m happy to do either so I guess I’m a pure switch there. And in person I have more fun dominating. It’s marginal though.
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Sub leaning. Real preference to be tied but can tie if needed
Ducttape1234
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ducttape1234 »

I'm a pure switch lol I love being tied up as much as I love tying others up 😁
I'll tie you if you tie me :D
SwitchStruggle
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SwitchStruggle »

Pure Switch here. I love both tying and being tied up I can’t pick a favorite.
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

Probably just about Dom leaning switch but not much in it.
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

I'm definitely sub-leaning. I prefer to be tied. However, I can still enjoy the dom role. It also depends a bit on my mood, and the other person.

It seems like when I come across opportunities, they're almost always subs or also sub-leaning, which means I end up domming more than I'd probably like. Honestly I'm getting a bit fed up now, need to find a good dominant play partner I suppose.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

I’m pretty much a pure switch, I’d say.

I really enjoy the “drama” of tying someone up / being tied up…the “scenario / story / fantasy” of it.

So it makes it pretty easy to enjoy tying someone up as a kidnapper; as equally as playing the role as hostage.

(never really ever thought of bondage from a “dominant / submissive” perspective…and only very recently learned of the term “switch”. Funny, huh?)
Stef
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stef »

Well it's kinda weird for me... It depends on my mood.

It's like the weather; There are times that I absolutely want to dominate and have the upper hand etc etc. and other times that I love to be the submissive one, bound etc.

But I would lean towards the submissive part for two reasons.

1. I crave it more passionetely and get really excited about it!
2. I haven't been very submissive in the past during my relationships.

Also, I get more submissive during the summer for some strange reason...
TiedupNick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TiedupNick »

In terms of ideal, I'm a sub leaning switch. Though I love love LOVE tying up younger twink type boys, it's usually easier to find doms online or whatever, so by necessity I go sub. Then again, I'm also bisexual, so that may play a part as well.
Tiedupnick - fka nicktie

Kik: bothellboy
DeviantArt: bothellwaboy
Discord: tiedupnick#3839
(feel free to chat for RP, pic trade, tie up instructions, etc...)
lanadelgagged
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by lanadelgagged »

Over time I've come to find out that it all depends on the person I'm engaging in bondage with. With some people, I tend to lean towards being submissive, for others, I adopt a more dominant role. This is why I have never identified with either completely sub-leaning or dom-leaning, but rather more of a pure switch. My mood plays an important role in that too, and responding to my cravings, but generally speaking the other person defines most of my power dynamics.
Bondage writer and graphic designer. https://www.deviantart.com/lanadelgagged
Put a sock in it!
bg23
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by bg23 »

lanadelgagged wrote: 9 months ago Over time I've come to find out that it all depends on the person I'm engaging in bondage with. With some people, I tend to lean towards being submissive, for others, I adopt a more dominant role. This is why I have never identified with either completely sub-leaning or dom-leaning, but rather more of a pure switch. My mood plays an important role in that too, and responding to my cravings, but generally speaking the other person defines most of my power dynamics.
I feel I'm the exact same way! It really depends on the dynamic. Usually, it takes form in the lean of one or the other - but I have had irl partners that equally enjoyed being bound as much as they enjoyed tying me up. In those relationships, it is really more of a case by case, day by day basis!
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

I've held off on answering this until now. Weeks ago I would have basically said I'm 99%, if not totally 100% dom. After a recent extended weekend, I believe dom leaning switch does actually fit me.

Recently, an online friend and myself met up for the 1st time in-person for just a normal vacation to see places we've never been and of course some bondage fun. I knew he was a sub leaning switch and told him not to expect the opportunity to switch with me to come up. Which he was perfectly fine with. I am someone you can very easily trust but I do not equally trust other's as easily. It's nothing personal against anyone, just how I am.

I have been tied up several times, years ago but it was always just escape challenges. I liked those challenges because it was an easy way to get people into to being tied up. And every time I was tied up, I was always able to get out when I wanted out. I never thought I'd like the idea of being tied up to the point of not being able to get out on my own. Yeah that's slightly changed. Having spent a few days together, including numerous times tying him up and without him even asking, I took the plunge and allowed a short-term switch. I shared the same trust he gave me and allowed myself, for the 1st time ever, to be put into a tie, I knew I'd have no way to get out of on my own. While I had more freedom in choosing how to tie him, he honored the agreement and only tied me how I wished.

I can honestly say I'm not mad about making the decision to short-term switch. I did enjoy it. I even allowed it twice more before the trip ended. Though I can without a doubt say I definitely like the dom role way more and will always continue to prefer it 😅
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Red86[/mention]
Awesome news. I'm so glad your week-long meetup was fun and that you've come out of it ever-so-slightly changed.
I look forward to hearing more from the both of you.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

bondagefreak wrote: 9 months ago @Red86
Awesome news. I'm so glad your week-long meetup was fun and that you've come out of it ever-so-slightly changed.
I look forward to hearing more from the both of you.
The keywords are "ever-so-slightly". He's joked many times with me over the past year or so that he'd like the opportunity but knew it wasn't likely. And it was so random that I decided I'd be okay with it as long as he kept his end of the deal, which he did. It was a fun experience and I'm sure on the right occasions, I'll allow it again. Still I prefer to be the one tying, not being tied so maybe instead of being 99 or 100% dom, I'm like 95% 😅
Lucky Lottie
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Lucky Lottie »

I would normally say I'm a pure, bratty sub. On my last holiday to the states I engaged with a few friends and bondsge scenarios including actually doing some bondage modelling.

The more I play the more I crave the game of bondage. It's not enough for me to ask to be tied up anymore, I need the other person to WANT to tie me up. Over the years I've been the Domme in a few situations where the person getting revenge on me has offered that spark I crave.

My last few sessions I found myself actually getting into the full Domme role as the retaliation I receive is amazing. The better a domme I can be the better the bondage I receive after.
In her natural habitat is:
-Giddy when approached
-Passive when suspended
-Bratty when loose
-Obedient when cuddled
-Cheeky when gagged
-Truly happy when tickled
Armbinderdirect
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Armbinderdirect »

Yes
Last edited by Armbinderdirect 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
mountainslam
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by mountainslam »

TiedupNick wrote: 9 months ago In terms of ideal, I'm a sub leaning switch. Though I love love LOVE tying up younger twink type boys, it's usually easier to find doms online or whatever, so by necessity I go sub. Then again, I'm also bisexual, so that may play a part as well.
Ha, I have the opposite experience. I've never found someone willing to dom me, so for now I'm only a switch "in theory". Always thought subbing sounds fun though
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

Pure switch, I guess. Nothing like taking an Alpha, super-confident man down, tying him up, gagging him, and letting him experience giving up control.

And I love when it happens to me!
Flyingvulture
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Flyingvulture »

I went with pure switch because I'm more based on the situation.

Sometimes my partner can look very Dommable, sometimes they look the opposite, or their desires dictate the role as well.
TW: @VultureLeader
Tumblr: Wrapspirit
PM me for our bondage-focused discord server!
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

I'm a dom
0Kay
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by 0Kay »

With men I almost exclusively sub, with women it varies quite a bit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic