Thoughts on bondage tape?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Ducttaper1996
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Thoughts on bondage tape?

Post by Ducttaper1996 »

So, as the title suggests, I wonder if anyone has tried out using those bondage tapes that apparently stick only to itself. Tape is pretty much my kink but Silver, packing and electrical tape are all a bit of a mess afterwords, especially with stucking to hair, or ruining clothes. So, looking for altrnatives I wonder if anyone has tried those things before and what's their experience?
TapeBondage123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TapeBondage123 »

I didn’t like it very much. It definitely stuck to itself as advertised but I found it was easy to slide my hands out of it and, when used as a gag, was easy to slide it down my face. I’d suggest buying a roll and trying it out as you may like it.

Side note - I found that WD40 works very well for getting residue off of clothing. Tape, particularly silver duct tape, is my kink too.
Duct tape will fix that cut under your nose.
wannabetiedup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wannabetiedup »

It's advertised as reusable too but found that it's definitely better "fresh". I think it's better suited to mummification when a lot is used. Just on wrists ankles or as a gag it does tend to slide eventually.
I love all things bondage. Always up for a chat
Mister The Edge
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mister The Edge »

I've used it when I was a beginner but I've graduated to ropes and ballgags.
methuselah73
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by methuselah73 »

I've used vetwrap which I'm assuming is similar and it's great.
Feel free to PM me about anything
Donjeta_detective
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Donjeta_detective »

For me, the ribbon is the most beautiful kind of bondage. It's very modern. Robbers are currently more likely to prefer the tape.
Donjeta_detective
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Donjeta_detective »

super
silvertejp590
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by silvertejp590 »

I’ve never actually gotten to use it, so I may have a change of heart in the future, but I’ve honestly never been that big a fan of it. I’m a huge duct tape fanatic, and I just find that the vinyl/bundling tape to be a poor substitue aesthetically speaking; it lacks that nice texture and distinct ripping noise that I like.
Lara
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Lara »

icefire1281 wrote: 5 months ago I’m a huge duct tape fanatic, and I just find that the vinyl/bundling tape to be a poor substitue aesthetically speaking; it lacks that nice texture and distinct ripping noise that I like.
Exactly. I totally agree to that part.

I addition to that, the smell of the tape's glue is also a factor for me. Recently, I was blindfolded and got my mouth stuff, then heard that distinctive sound of duct tape. A wave of excitment swept over my body as I was looking forward to a nice tape gag. I love tape gags. Then, just before the tape touched my mouth, the smell of the glue hit my nose and instantly a lot of pleasurable memories got triggered. For me odors easily associate with memories, so they become an important factor. Bondage tape does not smell nice. Not every duct tape smells nice either and sometimes manufacturers change their glue formulas and the smell changes too, often to the worse. Still, it's not too hard to find nice-smelling duct tapes.

Anyway, it's always nice if the sticky tape seals my mouth and I especially love the tape to be wrapped all around my head. Despite the pain, I prefer super-sticky tapes. I don't mind when it pulls on my hair or there are sticky tape residues - actually, I love locking like a wreck after a bondage session: tape residue, spanking marks, ruined makeup and totally messed up hair.
leconteur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by leconteur »

The bondage tape isnt reusable either, its one and done, hard to untangle. PVC tape or microfoam tape are recommended if you must use tape on unprotected skin. Both are easily available online.
33/m/rope bunny Always willing to answer questions and provide guidance where it is requested.
silvertejp590
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by silvertejp590 »

Lara wrote: 5 months ago
icefire1281 wrote: 5 months ago I’m a huge duct tape fanatic, and I just find that the vinyl/bundling tape to be a poor substitue aesthetically speaking; it lacks that nice texture and distinct ripping noise that I like.
Exactly. I totally agree to that part.

I addition to that, the smell of the tape's glue is also a factor for me. Recently, I was blindfolded and got my mouth stuff, then heard that distinctive sound of duct tape. A wave of excitment swept over my body as I was looking forward to a nice tape gag. I love tape gags. Then, just before the tape touched my mouth, the smell of the glue hit my nose and instantly a lot of pleasurable memories got triggered. For me odors easily associate with memories, so they become an important factor. Bondage tape does not smell nice. Not every duct tape smells nice either and sometimes manufacturers change their glue formulas and the smell changes too, often to the worse. Still, it's not too hard to find nice-smelling duct tapes.

Anyway, it's always nice if the sticky tape seals my mouth and I especially love the tape to be wrapped all around my head. Despite the pain, I prefer super-sticky tapes. I don't mind when it pulls on my hair or there are sticky tape residues - actually, I love locking like a wreck after a bondage session: tape residue, spanking marks, ruined makeup and totally messed up hair.
Yes to all of this! I can still recall feeling that weird pleasure when I bought a roll of tape for the first time and was hit with that smell. I’ll always prefer anything that engages multiple senses like that; it’s kind of similar to preferring records over MP3’s in that respect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic