Best hand restraints for safe self bondage?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Ducttape1234
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Best hand restraints for safe self bondage?

Post by Ducttape1234 »

Hello, I've had this on my mind for a while. I've been wanting to try self bondage again but do not have anything to safely secure my wrists behind my back. I do want it to feel real and feel like I can't get out of it, but, for obvious safety reasons, I want to be able to get out when I need too. I was looking at handcuffs on Amazon as well as zip tie handcuffs, but, I was curious about a lot of things. I don't want to buy just any handcuffs. For a little background, I'm a huge duct tape guy (username probably gave that away lmao) but I'd never want to actually be trapped with my hands taped behind my back so I tend to steer clear of any self taping methods that involve my hands behind me. I have had my hands taped behind me by a partner before and I like that I can move and twist my wrists around, which is why i dont want to settle for just randomly buying handcuffs because it seems like a lot of brands seem pretty straight foward with limited to no mobility. As far as mobility goes though, I want a little slack. I want to be able to be able to have my hands behind my back but still be able to move my wrists around comfortably and easily use a key to unlock myself. Does anyone have any recommendations for handcuffs for beginners? What do you use to bind your hands safely for self bondage? Thanks in advance :)
I'll tie you if you tie me :D
leconteur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by leconteur »

Rope is always ok to use as cuffs if you have a pair of safety shears within reach. I usually go for having two nearby just in case. I recommend using larger gauge 8mm hemp or jute rope, especially if you are a larger form like me. The cuffs are pretty easy to construct and normally have enough slack to them that you can slip one wrist in and out without any rope cutting. However you can anchor the rope cuffs to your chest harness, waist harness, or feet (like a hogtie) and struggle. The natural fiber is a preference for many because it tends to lock together better by itself for these self bondage endeavors. Always keep the shears near though.

Aside from rope, i'd just get some reasonably larger gauge chain cut to about 16" and some smaller padlocks as a stand -in for handcuffs. The rounded links in the chain tend to be much more comfy than simple handcuffs. These can be linked together and attached with rope or cloth to your chest harness or legs as well for a more constraining tie. Always keep both copies of the key near though.
33/m/rope bunny Always willing to answer questions and provide guidance where it is requested.
Unknown.1
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Unknown.1 »

Try magbound on Etsy
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

It's not difficult to tie your hands inescapably crossed behind your back with rope. Here's how I do it:

Take a rope of four meters, give or take. Tie a square knot to create a loop. Now take the rope doubled, loop up about half of it a couple of times and lead the rest of the rope through the bight on the opposite end. Put your hands through from opposite sides, so these loops form the vertical part of the bondage. Pull it tight.

Now the other half of the rope is a long loop hanging down from your hands. Grab one side of it with your fingers, and wrap it around your wrists horizontally, always pulling fairly tight. The last loop will be a bit difficult to get into. Perhaps only one of your hands fits inside. If it isn't tight enough, try moving the square knot to change the length of the rope.

If it's all snugly put in place, you won't be able to free yourself without tools! The rope around your wrists is too far to reach with your fingers, and the knot should be out of your reach, too.

To free yourself, use a hook, a door handle or something similar to grab one of those horizontal loops and slip it over your hands. Then you can undo the bondage.

This will be difficult if you're rolling on the floor in a hogtie. So watch out, it's really easy to checkmate yourself with this! Always have the safety shears at hand to cut the rope in an emergency.
U+101D3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic