Video Games with Tying up Players

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Video Games with Tying up Players

Post by Starcomet »

Hail all,

I have been a long time luker of the site and read the stories here for years, but never made an account. It is nice to meet you all.

I have been recently researching video games with TUG elements. I know there are many where you the player must capture/arrest other NPCs and can do various things like bound, gag, blindfold etc. and some just have characters getting kidnapped by an evil villain.

But I have only come across two games where it is possible to do this to other players: DayZ and the DarkRP for Garry's Mod. I have been captured by players in these games before, and it is fun, but few actually use this capture mechanic and many prefer to just kill other players rather than do a capture/kidnap rp.

Now I understand that implementing this mechanic in a game can cause balance issues. Unlike AI/NPC characters, players need a way to escape from their bondage to prevent players from trolling them. But if you make it too easy to escape, it defeats the purpose of the mechanic.

What are your thoughts on this? Do any of you know of any other video games where you capture and tie up other players?
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Pretty sure you can in Red Dead Online.

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Starcomet »

Damsel-Dilara-Dee wrote: 1 year ago We have an existing thread here with some cool information from other users! https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4247
Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Pretty sure you can in Red Dead Online.
Thanks you two!
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Should probably mention Nabber's Empire and The Bondage Club as well, which are both based around this.

Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Starcomet »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Should probably mention Nabber's Empire and The Bondage Club as well, which are both based around this.
Oh I never heard of those! Those are also good options, but sadly it is meant for more female focus TUGs since they do not allow any male captives or Guys in Distress (GID).
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Well, you didn't specify that's what you were looking for. 😛

But yeah, it would be nice to see a wider range of games like that to cater to different interests.

Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Starcomet wrote: 1 year ago
Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Should probably mention Nabber's Empire and The Bondage Club as well, which are both based around this.
Oh I never heard of those! Those are also good options, but sadly it is meant for more female focus TUGs since they do not allow any male captives or Guys in Distress (GID).
Yeah this really annoys me about Nabber's Empire what I've heard about. Need a version for males too, While nothing sexual at the same time. Just male kidnappers taking male captives for whatever reason with maybe a RPG element to it also.
Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Starcomet »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Well, you didn't specify that's what you were looking for. 😛

But yeah, it would be nice to see a wider range of games like that to cater to different interests.
Oh I am not complaining lol! It is just all of the games I knew before those two that included Tie up/bondage mechanics were gender neutral and anyone can be captured regardless of gender. I was looking for something along those lines, but these two are still good finds and enticing for me to try!
Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Starcomet »

Terry wrote: 1 year ago
Yeah this really annoys me about Nabber's Empire what I've heard about. Need a version for males too, While nothing sexual at the same time. Just male kidnappers taking male captives for whatever reason with maybe a RPG element to it also.
Indeed, I do not see why they could not allow hostages to also be male. There does not have to be anything sexual at all and can be just the taking hostage for ransom theme or whatever.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Yes, Red Dead Online allows it with lassoes. There's even a bounty hunter role where if you commit enough crimes to get a bounty, other players may periodically try to catch you for the bounty. However, a lot of times they'll just shoot you, especially if they're a lone player. Posses are more likely to take you in alive. You spend a brief time in jail (just a few seconds if you're near the low end of the bounty scale) and then get released with the bounty cleared. You can escape from being tied up, but it does take a few seconds.

There used to be a few tasks you could do from NPCs which featured NPC enemies with lassoes who'd lasso and tie you up, but Rockstar removed them in an update some months back, so now, as far as I'm aware, it's only other players who can do it to you (or you to other players).
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Indeed, I do not see why they could not allow hostages to also be male. There does not have to be anything sexual at all and can be just the taking hostage for ransom theme or whatever.
Well, in the case of The Bondage Club, it's pretty clear. The game has graphical avatars, and many of the assets are hand-drawn. It'd be a ton of work to adapt them for male bodies, and many of the artists might not be interested.

And some people simply don't like seeing males in bondage. It's a shame, but it's true. I'm not so fond of seeing adult males that way myself. It'd be complicated to have to come up with a scheme to segregate the players who don't enjoy that kind of thing from those who do.

Nabber's Empire is mostly text and roleplay based, so it's really just a few pronouns that would need to be fixed. From what I saw when I played some years ago, no one actually minds if you want to roleplay as a male.

I do wish that everyone could have the content they wanted though. TBC is fully open source, so if you found someone to make male assets, it'd be easy enough to adapt. Nabber's Empire is extremely simple, so that wouldn't be too hard either if you found someone willing to host and moderate it.

Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Starcomet »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago

Well, in the case of The Bondage Club, it's pretty clear. The game has graphical avatars, and many of the assets are hand-drawn. It'd be a ton of work to adapt them for male bodies, and many of the artists might not be interested.

And some people simply don't like seeing males in bondage. It's a shame, but it's true. I'm not so fond of seeing adult males that way myself. It'd be complicated to have to come up with a scheme to segregate the players who don't enjoy that kind of thing from those who do.

Nabber's Empire is mostly text and roleplay based, so it's really just a few pronouns that would need to be fixed. From what I saw when I played some years ago, no one actually minds if you want to roleplay as a male.

I do wish that everyone could have the content they wanted though. TBC is fully open source, so if you found someone to make male assets, it'd be easy enough to adapt. Nabber's Empire is extremely simple, so that wouldn't be too hard either if you found someone willing to host and moderate it.
Oh for graphical games like the bondage club I can see the difficulty given it uses artwork and I understand that. But for a largely text based game like nabbers empire, I see no reason why you could not. And you are correct that there could be a version that allows M/M content, but you would need to find someone with the drive to make it. I have been thinking who I know of that would be interested.
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

[mention]Starcomet[/mention] If you hadn't heard, TBC has male avatars now. Right now the implementation is kind of haphazard. All the NPCs still call you "Miss" and "girl", customization is extremely limited (there's like three clothing items to choose from at character creation), And some of the outfits you need for single player stuff are invisible. But it's a start, at least.

Starcomet
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Starcomet »

[mention]Shotrow[/mention] Ah thank!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic