Is this rope any good

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
BondageBoyUK
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Is this rope any good

Post by BondageBoyUK »

So I maybe meeting someone for my first proper bondage experience and was wondering what kind of rope to use. I've posted a link below for some on Amazon I like the look of and was wondering if it be good for it and if it is enough? Any insight greatly appreciated.

Sterling NRW630 Sterling 6mm Braided Nylon Rope 30m, White https://amzn.eu/d/3AgAV9G
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

It might do the job alright but it's not ideal. Material-wise, nylon is kind of stretchy and slippery so it can be harder to get knots to keep properly. I prefer hemp or jute, but cotton tends to be cheaper and can be pretty god.

Size-wise, the width is alright (6mm is probably the most common diameter). It's probably too long - I normally see people use 30 ft / 9m at max length-wise. You could try and cut it in half or thirds, as long as you make sure the ends don't fray. Or just put up with the longer length I guess, not the end of the world.
BondageBoyUK
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BondageBoyUK »

ExcessivelyCurious wrote: 6 days ago It might do the job alright but it's not ideal. Material-wise, nylon is kind of stretchy and slippery so it can be harder to get knots to keep properly. I prefer hemp or jute, but cotton tends to be cheaper and can be pretty god.

Size-wise, the width is alright (6mm is probably the most common diameter). It's probably too long - I normally see people use 30 ft / 9m at max length-wise. You could try and cut it in half or thirds, as long as you make sure the ends don't fray. Or just put up with the longer length I guess, not the end of the world.
Thanks for the advice I'll find something else.
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

When tying someone up for the first time, and you don't want it to be scary, I recommend cotton. It's so soft and gentle! The disadvantage is that it's a bit stretchy, so not very very secure and unescapable.
Today, I prefer hemp, too.
I'd avoid the synthetic ropes.
U+101D3
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

@BondageBoyUK
Hey buddy. I would go with this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aoneky-Soft-Co ... r=8-4&th=1

10MM x 50FT or 100FT of densely-braided cotton rope (as linked above) is my preferred go-to.
Hope this helps.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic