Real Life v. Fantasied Version of Same Story

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Real Life v. Fantasied Version of Same Story

Post by tiedinbluetights »

There are so many stories on this site, and so little spare time to read them, that I cannot claim that such a story as I'm about to describe has not been already written in this forum. Basically, I've been toying with the idea to write a short story that, in a paragraph or two, would highlight an actual TUG event that involved me (or at least, as close to how the TUG actually happened as is possible, given that memory is far from perfect, and we tend to embroider both pleasant and unpleasant memories), but then also present a fictionalized re-written account (much longer than two paragraphs) from the perspective of how I fantasize it should/could have happened.

The idea came to me in part from a brief discussion on the "Is rope bondage as dangerous as everyone says?" where some posters pointed out that even a lot of the stuff in so called 'true' accounts seems too far fetched and out-right dangerous, while others pointed out the tendency to embroider and not let the actual details spoil an otherwise good story based off memory. I was thinking it might be interesting to see the same story written from memory and then no-holds-barred fantasized. Since in my mind both the 'memorized' version of events and the fantasized version coexist, I'd be curious how each affects the other during the writing process. There is a caveat: I don't believe it is actually possible to write a 100% accurate 'true' account of anything (even if one is a digital computer AI with digital storage as then there would be signal to noise issues and loss of information in analog to digital and back to analog conversions). So, I'm not trying to prove that stories tagged 'true' are true (verisimilitude is a better term and 'true'). I'm just curious to see two things: 1) for myself how writing both accounts influences each other, and 2) for the readers how seeing both accounts one-after-the-other helps highlight the most-likely embroidered elements in the 'true' account and the most-plausibly true elements in the fictionalized account.

Would there be interest in such stories? If there are any on this forum, please feel free to PM me their link or post it here.

If I do write such a story, it will take me some time, given that I have to earn a wage too, but I guess I would post it in the "Fictional Stories" section?
๐Ÿ’™ Love to be tied-up ๐Ÿ’™
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

There is often no way of telling whether a well-written "true" story has been embroidered or not.

Check-out my https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58 and see if you can tell whether it is:
a) totally true
b) mostly true
c) a complete fabrication

If you chose b, which aspects do not believe tiobe true.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Xtc wrote: โ†‘1 year ago There is often no way of telling whether a well-written "true" story has been embroidered or not.

Check-out my https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58 and see if you can tell whether it is:
a) totally true
b) mostly true
c) a complete fabrication

If you chose b, which aspects do not believe tiobe true.
Genius! Brilliant story! I get it; even the title and the repeated images of that element throughout the story is just pure genius. Even if I believed the story to be mostly true, I wouldn't be able to explain clearly why I believe some aspects are totally true over others that I believe to be embroidered or purely fabricated. It would all be pure speculation on my part.

Thanks for the link. I've also started reading another one of yours [mention]Xtc[/mention], recently added to, about the 'real' father Christmas, from the beginning, but that one will take me a long while to read through all of it! Thanks again.
Open to friendly PMs
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

How dare you put 'real' into inverted commas. :o Surely you are not questioning my veracity!? :evil:

Thanks for the support.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Most certainly not questioning anyone's veracity! :oops: I certainly don't want to end up on Farther Christmas's list of whose been a bad boy!
Open to friendly PMs
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic