What if bondage was fashionable?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

What if bondage was fashionable?

Post by uemndlr »

In response to this miniature, someone (not sure if you want to be named here?) asked me to elaborate a bit on the scenario: What if bondage was fashionable?

You might know the somewhat similar idea of Restraint World, where women have to be tied up in public, by law. Here, it's different. You can go out unfettered if you like, but you might feel awkward among all the other tied-up people.

I don't think it's all that unrealistic. Look at us on Earth. People wear high-heels which are bad for your back and you almost can't walk in them. People wear corsets, all kind of piercings in any body part, there are those who put plates in their lips, stretch their necks very long with special rings, mutilate their feet or even genitals. A little bit of bondage pales in comparison to such customs!

Children learn it from earliest youth. Just as our little girls play with dressing up, doing their hair, or experimenting with make-up, they would start tying each other up. The basic rules of bondage safety are learned early and always respected: Nothing around the neck, no numb hands, safewords, etc.

Bondage is originally a status symbol. If you're tied up, you're signalling that you don't have to do manual labour. The stricter and more elaborate the bondage, the better. I'd like to see an opera audience!

I imagine a teenager girl dressing up for a party, and then asking her mother or sibling: "Awww, can't you tie me up a little tighter? I can't be the only one with just her hands tied behind her back!" And then she is happily put into a tight torso harness with her hands strictly tied crossed between her shoulder blades, or behind her head. She looks at herself in the mirror and admires the effect this has on her breasts.

Casual bondage at a party?

For the drinks, you will have a straw. For the food, you help each other. But what if you need to go to the bathroom? At the opera, there could be bathroom assistants who will undress your nether parts before the motion. The toilet has a washing function, like they do in Japan or Finland. Afterwards, the assistants redress you and retie a possible crotch rope.

At a teenager party, if they cannot afford hiring bathroom assistants, well, somebody needs to dial back in their bondage, to be able to help the others. It's like the one who cannot drink alcohol because he will drive home. So, your friend who only wears handcuffs in front is the one who accompanies you to the bathroom.

A bondage party is so much fun, you can chat, you can dance...

Of course, a tied woman is not at all a prisoner. They are totally emancipated, in fact their prime minister is a woman. I imagine their neigbour country, where women aren't legally allowed to wear clothes (I think I read something like that in the CMNF biotope), what would happen if their prime ministers met for a state visit? And the two prime ministers look a bit like Kaja Kallas and Sanna Marin (the prime ministers of Estonia and Finland)? Would they both be tied up naked, and one of them would feel a little bit weird because of the nudity, and the other one because of the bondage? Would they distort for the obligate handshake, with their hands tightly tied behind their backs, or replace it by little kisses on the cheek?

Come to think of it, why should only women have the bondage fun; men can be tied up just the same, right?

Any more ideas for this idyllic scenario?
U+101D3
Feet20
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Feet20 »

Oh, I have plenty.

Perhaps if being bound is fasionable, then binding someone is seen as a sign of trust between two people or compassion. I can imagine that some friendships form because some people don't want to be bound and take the rigger role. There may be more people who like being tied than not, but knowledge of rigging and those willing not to be tied in order to help friends is common.

I can also imagine that bondage clothings are a thing: clothes that can bind the wearer. Could be long sleeve shirts with cuffs that can be stuck together, dresses with an armbinder in the back, or even a jacket that can strap you up like a straitjacket. They be self-bondsge capable, so that you don't need help to have clothes on.

I do also imagine some tie-up organizations or clubs being made for people of all ages. Places where people can find their bondage peers, and maybe focusing on specific activities or niches like bondage yoga for instance.
Ovi1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ovi1 »

I would definitely imagine this as a thing that applies to both genders, or at least having crossed the gender line at some point. Like we have in our world with high heels. I can also imagine that we see trends in the knots and the positioning(arms behind, arms in front, wrists crossed, parallel or stacked). Because you don't want your hands tied with an old-people knot. Ofcourse there would be areas where it wouldn't be allowed for safety purposes. Perhaps there you would see people wearing rope with their favorite knot around a single wrist, so they can still show their style a bit while at work or something.

In my currently most elaborate fantasy world, a city reaches a point where at the fancy parties, the women are tied up. Fancy dresses are very much designed to accomodate that, to make sure the colors still match and whatnot, the positoning of the arms is complementary to the dress design, and the ladies are comfortable. The origin for it lies in some magic-related incidents a few decades earlier. Those of you who are equally notorious worldbuilders will understand that there is an overkill level of underpinning for it.
Unfortunately this entire thing is in Dutch, and currently around 50 pages long(the written out part, if I include notes and concepts for the future, it's closer to 70), so I do not expect to ever upload it for you all to see. But if I ever go crazy enough to translate it you will definitely be able to read it here, or at whatever site might replace this one in the future.
I believe you would be a lot more comfortable in ropes
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

[mention]Feet20[/mention] i like the idea of bondage clubs and organizations. It makes sense, as people's tastes in bondage is as varied as their taste in food. I mean, just look at this site. The variety of bondage tastes on here is amazing.

Just as an example of how these clubs would be, I'll give an example of one that would be geared towards "crossdressers in distress", or basically crossdressers who love damsel in distress style bondage. We would get all dressed up for our meetings, share our experiences, invite people to share bondage techniques and ideas, invite women to share bondage fashion tips, etc.

These organizations can not only be for fun, but can be a force for good in the community. For example, the crossdressers in distress club could auction off a bondage session with a professional rigger from a bondage website. The proceeds would then go to a charity or raise money for any number of causes, such as cancer reasearch.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
Feet20
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Feet20 »

[mention]captured_prize[/mention] I now imagine that there are non-profits out there that raise money through bondage. Like auctioning sessions or doing boundathons where people are kept tied up until enough money is raised.

One thing I imagine in this world is that bondage equipment is found in places like playgrounds and office spaces for fun and for employee happiness respecticely. Perhaps schools will now have a box of ropes and such for kids to use during recess. Maybe offices will have team-building exercises where they learn tying skills.
Quintus09

Post by Quintus09 »

[mention]uemndlr[/mention] I like the idea of teenage girls, and boys, asking their mums to tie them tighter before going to a party, and if being barefoot in doors (including school uniform) was the normal behaviour.
Feet20
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Feet20 »

Now I kind of want to write stories set in this world
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic