YouTube Escape Challenges

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Simon19
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

YouTube Escape Challenges

Post by Simon19 »

Do you think that the people who make escape challenge videos on YT are aware that a lot of their viewers have a thing for bondage? If they aren't it's kinda exploitative that people suggest they do it. What are your guys thoughts?
Ovi1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ovi1 »

Some of them must be aware of it, but I've seen plenty of (smaller) creators who were genuinely surprised when a video with something TUG related in the title suddenly took off like a jet.
I think exploitative is quite a nice word when one or more people who are into TUGs suggest a creator to do an escape challenge while they are clueless about the reason why.
I believe you would be a lot more comfortable in ropes
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Many escape challenge posters are kids, and most don't have a clue about the connection between bondage and sexuality. To them, it's just a game; something fun to do; a challenge or dare, and sex didn't even enter in to it.

At 9-14, we didn't play with the girls too much. Most were . . . well, . . . girlish. Petite, feminine, played 'house,' and with dolls, etc. Pretty much the opposite of us - bold, adventurous, willing to answer dares to spend nights in ghost towns and abandoned mansions, tell each other scary ghost stories, and tie each other up.

Drawscore
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

A lot of people, especially the kids, don't know. I am fairly skeeved out by people suggesting it to them for that reason. If they decide to do it on their own as innocent fun, that's fine; plenty of people on this site did the same. But it too easily gets exploitative.

Some older creators absolutely know it though. There are adult channels who do loads of escape challenge videos. For those ones, I suspect they either understand and are willing to do it for the views, or even enjoy it themselves.
Princess_Stinkfoot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Princess_Stinkfoot »

I actually did one when I was 11 and just created a YouTube channel. I was dared to tape up myself and my friend and we did and we got about 1K views overnight and gained about 50 subscribers all asking us to do a video with our bare feet or tickling, which we did also. Within a couple weeks I had 250 subscribers, all of which were probably pedos... I'm really glad YouTube cracked down on that kind of stuff and that you can't find tickle challenges anymore. °-°
I'm Gabby, but you can call me Princess Stinkfoot! I am known for having super smelly feet! I like tickling others feet and watching their reactions. I am the girlfriend of Piggyboy. ^-^
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

Some do, especially ones who are past the teenage years in age. I saw one a while back where the woman doing the challenge made a snarky comment about it. I think it's becoming more obvious, partly because they've been around so long, and partly because creepy people don't even pretend to be subtle about it anymore. I don't watch a lot of them for a few reasons, and this is one of them.
Quintus09

Post by Quintus09 »

We get taught about online safety at school so I guess we’re all smarter than kids aged 13,14 10 years ago were when YouTube started. I’m not posting pictures of myself here or videos of self bondage. Still it’s sad I can’t watch videos of girls my age tied up and tickled.
Princess_Stinkfoot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

uemndlr wrote: 1 year ago Ok, I'll take the bait and say I'm not so glad Youtube cracked down on this.

I don't think the 250 subscribers were all pedos. I admit I'd enjoy watching videos of cute little girls having "fun with ropes" (my newest favourite song, by the Go-go's, thanks again Emily), but I don't get off on it, e.g. never in my life would I masturbate to that (as I might do with videos of grown-up women). Well, and even if some do, where's the damage?

Of course it's a different thing if their requests start getting creepy and freaking you out. But even then, I'd rather see those creeps being reprimanded than the kids restricting themselves and depriving themselves of their fun with ropes, their freedom of expression and their innocence and well-being.

It's a shame that due to a small minority of creeps who annoy others with their weird requests, and never remember they're talking to real people, we can't have nice things.
That's still really creepy watching little girls "play with ropes" as you say. Most people challenging them I'm sure had fetishes. Tie up challenges are tickle challenges should've never been a thing. But when I looked I'd say 95% of those subscribers were guys in their 20s-50s, and that's not ok. I'm not at all upset that's gone, and the fact you are is kind of concerning. I'm not going to argue with you, but most of the people "suggesting" these challenges did it knowing exactly what they're doing. I did an escape challenge where I was hogtied and barefoot, a feet tickling challenge, and an upper body challenge where we got our hands tied above our heads. We didn't know that was fetishes at the time... They were taking advantage of us for not knowing what we were doing was fetishized and I completely regret everything I ever did on YouTube. There's still a tabletop challenge with two sisters on YouTube with over two hundred thousand views... You think 232K views on a video of two teenage girls tickling their bare feet is good? So yeah, the fact you are upset they're gone and that there's no damage if people get off to these kinds of things concerns the heck out of me... Get help buddy, because it sounds like you REALLY need it... :shock:
I'm Gabby, but you can call me Princess Stinkfoot! I am known for having super smelly feet! I like tickling others feet and watching their reactions. I am the girlfriend of Piggyboy. ^-^
Scottstud94
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Scottstud94 »

There’s a fine line here and it’s a good subject to discuss. There are a lot of creeps who do take things way too far.

If you watch something someone posts on YouTube, fine. If you start commenting like feet videos, etc, and pressuring those under 18 to do these things then yeah that’s not cool.

If it’s sexually explicit under 18 then yeah you have a problem and you need to get help. If it’s an innocent escape challenge, I don’t see the harm unless you’re pushing people to do things they’re uncomfortable with, as was said then you’re talking advantage of them.
meacham6
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by meacham6 »

Most/all of those videos now have comments disabled. It's disturbing to think of the comments they were getting from perverts on what they thought was an innocent video.
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

Thank you [mention]Princess_Stinkfoot[/mention], I don't want to argue either, and what you wrote was very interesting.

First of all, let me clarify that I'm not "upset" that Youtube deleted such videos, and with the people who get off in this I certainly wasn't talking about myself. I just want to point out that as long as they do it privately and don't bother other people with it, they do not harm. Unfortunately, commenting and proposing things, like [mention]Scottstud94[/mention] said, crossing the fine line, is very much causing harm.

The foremost harm is making you feel bad and regretting it deeply, because per se you didn't do anything wrong or bad. But I can imagine you felt ashamed, manipulated, deceived, when you learned about their true intentions. Somewhat like France Gall, when she learned what "Les Sucettes" was about. And that's really awful.

But let's step away from tying or tickling or whatever, because the "children in Youtube" topic is larger than that. Rule 35 says that anything people do, there'll be someone somewhere, getting off on it. Children dancing? Many children love to dance, and you can see a lot of it on Youtube. The "Salsa Baby", a one year old shaking her hips sexily in diapers, has 143000 views. I enjoy that video too, but I agree that if anybody were to get off on that, he's sick and needs help.

The mini playback show, where children dressed up as pop stars and danced, received a negative "prize of the insulted TV viewers" for "turning children into sex objects". I feel that's an exaggeration. The children participated willingly and happily, and once again I think they should have the opportunity to explore their talents and preferences, and it's unfair to deprive them of that, out of moral outrage.

The problem with children in Youtube is for me twofold: Children are often not prepared for what happens when they expose themselves to the whole world, which includes unfortunately a lot of jerks and weirdos. And Youtube cannot always protect them. So, deleting those videos is probably for the best, but allow me to be a bit sad (not upset) about this necessity.

The second problem is they might underestimate the long-term effects. What if you went into politics, became governor, and someone digs out some embarrassing video you published in your childhood? The late-night show hosts and other TV bullies (because that's what they are) would always keep making the same old annoying jokes about it. Which is unfair and double moral, because there's still nothing wrong with it, but it's like Barack Obama in his pirate costume.

And it's not only children; many adults underestimate these dangers too, and get into difficulties for things they publish on Youtube.
U+101D3
Princess_Stinkfoot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

meacham6 wrote: 1 year ago Most/all of those videos now have comments disabled. It's disturbing to think of the comments they were getting from perverts on what they thought was an innocent video.
Oh yeah no for sure there were perverted comments on my videos as were others. I think sites are getting better at cracking down on stuff, but I know places like VK used to have tons of videos of underaged kids doing stuff like mine. They're all deleted now, but VK was a haven for pedos only a couple years ago. I had created an account there only to ask for my videos to be deleted and I had a couple messages from guys asking if I could do more... So not only did people save my deleted videos they still asked me for more... I shudder at the thought that my videos and feet pics from 6-7 years ago are still circulating around on the dark web... We all got taken advantage of and that is just not okay. I kind of liked doing stuff like that, which is why I said okay at the time. What I didn't know was the reasoning behind being asked to do challenges like that. I'm glad it's over on YouTube, but I'm sure there's still sites unbeknownst to me where it's still happening. 😭
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club
Location: Tied up and spanked over your knee, or in the dungeon tormenting you!

Post by JulieG »

It begs an interesting question. How many children posted videos of them selves in pure innocence? If not directly asked/told to by an older man, how many did it as the result of a dare or trend set by those being exploited, thus indirectly exploited themselves. It makes me think even here, are the younger members truly safe even with blocks on person to person videos. I get creepy messages as a 40 something woman in DM but having dealt with creeps for over 20 years in real life it’s no big problem for me. A 13 year old May not have my resilience.
Princess_Stinkfoot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

JulieG wrote: 1 year ago It begs an interesting question. How many children posted videos of them selves in pure innocence? If not directly asked/told to by an older man, how many did it as the result of a dare or trend set by those being exploited, thus indirectly exploited themselves. It makes me think even here, are the younger members truly safe even with blocks on person to person videos. I get creepy messages as a 40 something woman in DM but having dealt with creeps for over 20 years in real life it’s no big problem for me. A 13 year old May not have my resilience.
I can tell you when I first got on here I got tons of messages from creepy guys asking to talk with me and stuff. I had to become friends with some moderators to report them or I just ignored them and the usually went away. But my age was clearly posted on here. Like did you even bother looking. Telling them I was 14 at the time usually scared them off, but some would say stuff like "age is just a number". Yeah, so is the jail sentence you'll receive for being a pedo...

And I think most of the kids who did the challenges did it out of pure innocence and most of us had fun doing them. But now being older realizing all my followers were older guys and the amount of views my challenge videos got vs me signing or something is really scary... I had signing videos and they got maybe 30-40 views, right? My tickle challenge in the two years it was on YouTube got 64K views... That's not ok... As I said earlier, there's still one on YouTube from years ago of two sisters tickling each other's feet. It has 232K views to date. That's so creepy... They were probably in high school, but I remember there being like 10 year olds doing dares because it was the trend at the time. That's why I did them. We all got used by older men for their own selfish reasons. To this day I feel dirty... I'm sure my videos among hundreds of others are still being circulated on the dark web... Same with my photos I got dared you do on Instagram. I'm sure there's still little kids getting dared and tricked to do stuff in their DMs on Insta. That's how it happened to me. They cracked down on public posts, but I don't think they cracked down on their DMs... This whole situation has gotten better, but idk if it'll ever go away.
Bastian
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Bastian »

This is an old thread, but I wanted to share my thoughts about this topic.
Many years ago I saw a couple of these escape challenges and I thought they were just innocent videos. And since many of them were made by kids, I had no interest to watch them. The risks of sharing these videos are a lot and the Princess listed them very well.
But, at the same time, if an adult woman did an escape challenge, I for sure should not complain about it :D .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic