CYOA stories

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
zerg rush
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

CYOA stories

Post by zerg rush »

How popular are COYA games here? I'm making one now, mainly for me. Don't know if its worth posting when its done.

The idea is, instead of using dice rolls, I'm going to link to mouse skill games. This rules out luck entirely, so success or failure is down to your (in)competence.

Its going to be long. The CYOA games I grew up with went to 400 sections, and it looks like I will at least match that. If I can be concise, we are looking at 500 sections. I still haven't come up with a way of doing a time mechanic other than repeating sections on different branches, which play differently depending on previous choices.

This is the premise. Two friends go to the Rio Carnival on Spring Break. They get robbed and tied up. You control one of them and attempt to untie yourselves. It being set in Brazil, the robbers speak Portuguese. A mechanic will be using an online translator to work out what they say. It wont be required, but it will help a lot. Obviously I will take this bit out if/when the game is posted. It will also be in the everybody section.

So far I've mapped the first 100 sections. I will post updates if enough people want them.
"Wait, why are you taking off my socks? My mouth? But I've worn them all day and they're all sweaty and they're far too big to fi-mmmmpgffph!
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

I think this sounds really interesting.

There have been only a few CYOA stories I've seen here but they seem to be popular. Personally, I'd love to give it a shot when you post it, interactive stories are always fun.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
tickletied84
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tickletied84 »

Agree, this sounds really interesting to try, and I presume could be played repeatedly as you'd get better (hopefully!) at the games!

Looking forward to seeing/reading it.
FoxOne
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by FoxOne »

Yeah, I'm looking forward it too, as I like gamebooks. Will you post it here when you finish?
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

Really excited about this!
Quadpen
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Quadpen »

i have one on my deviantart, it hasn’t really gotten started cause i’m waiting for more comments lol
add me on discord Quadpen#0225
i also have a gid group if you want to join too ;)
Quadpen
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Quadpen »

btw your idea sounds really cool
add me on discord Quadpen#0225
i also have a gid group if you want to join too ;)
harukatsukino
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by harukatsukino »

I played the CYOA 3 times,the one that inspires Escape from Enderon. Each repetition with different character is a story of its own, the best CYOA in my own opinion
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic