Rope material and lengths

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
honourthechapter1775

Rope material and lengths

Post by honourthechapter1775 »

A bit of a double question here as I'm curious for others opinions on the matter. What do you think is the best material to use when tying someone. Jute, hemp, cotton, Nylon... ECT?

I myself use cotton and I have used a bit of jute in my time both handle fairly well, I've considered getting some nylon rope in the future but I'm struggling to find a good place that sells it and I'm not sure how it performs I'm worried it'll slip and slide everywhere before I can get knotted. So that is my first question.

My second being what is the largest rope size you have in your collection? Now it's not a competition so don't start comparing sizes with each other 😆. The largest one I have in my collection is about 25 metres in length as i always like to have an excess amount when I move onto tying the chest harness as it gives me plenty to play around with and to make a few patterns as I try to coordinate and match it up on both sides if possible.
Minerva
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Minerva »

Bump.
I don't have any experience....
Yet.

But I want to get some ropes soon, so I might aswell post here and wait for the replies to trickle in. Personally I heard cotton is the most comfy material one can get, so I think I'll get that. As for lengths, it'd also be nice to hear ideal lengths for ropes.
Last edited by Minerva 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DM's always open.
I draw stuff I guess:https://www.deviantart.com/minthebi
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Minerva wrote: 2 years ago Personally I heard cotton is the most comfy material one can get, so I think I'll get that.
I had heard this too, and have stuck with cotton rope for ages now.

As for lengths, here’s what I have:
- 2 lengths at approx. 30 feet, used for chest harnesses.
- 1 length at approx. 20 feet, used for tying knees.
- a bunch of lengths at approx. 15 feet, used for tying wrists and ankles.
- a bunch of lengths at approx. 10 feet, used as “connectors”, like a hogtie rope, or tying a body part to an object.
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

I have enough rope to tie up the entire Dallas Cowboys Cheerleading Squad, various lengths, material thickness etc.

If only I had someone to tie 😔
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic