Starting a Bondage Site?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
boundsub
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Starting a Bondage Site?

Post by boundsub »

I'm not sure if we're allowed to even ask this kind of question on the forums or if members have knowledge of this but I thought I'd ask anyway since it's been something I've been thinking about for a while now... With my love for bondage and gear I think it would be nice to create a site like the American version of the now defunct TiedGuyUK. I do see this on a smaller scale with a few doing it on their accounts on DA and Tumblr and have reached out to them to see how they started but received vague, not that helpful answers; possibly because they don't want competition copying them?

Though, there's a bigger question stopping me from doing it. Mainly where to find local guys who are willing to have pics and vids put up on a bondage website? This relates to a question we all ask ourselves which is: how do you go about finding reliable guy's into bondage? CL has banned any type of adult postings and though there are apps and sites revolving around different fetishes though from my experience using them for meetups is they're filled with flakes, fakes and one off's... I heard the person who ran TGUK (which was started before CL and these sites existed) would sometimes would paying guys who he saw when he was out and about. Not only is that incredibly ballsy isn't that also prostitution? :shock: Those who I reached out to of how they did it say they started with "friends."

It seems like a fun idea getting cute guys to have bondage fun with for an indie site but realistically is a huge undertaking filled with things I haven't even considered. After all even TGUK shut his site down for a few reasons which are sad but very legitimate.

Maybe I should just stick to writing bondage stories.... which I don't share here for some strange reason.
Abird
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Abird »

I know TieGuyUK had a Fetlife account, though I'm not sure how many of his models came from that. I've also seen some of the Deviantart and Tumblr crowd use Recon but that's mostly for sex hookups so not sure if you'd have a lot of luck. I know some sites have paid people to model but no idea on the legalities; my hunch is it's probably fine if it's fetish-y but theoretically SFW, not sure otherwise. They all seem to mention model releases, which I assume are a legal necessity. You could maybe try asking TGUK yourself but I'm not sure about that; he follows me on Tumblr but hasn't ever answered a message.
boundsub
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by boundsub »

Thanks for the insight.

Yeah Recon is mostly a hookup, "one and done" app not the best for even finding quality bondage play IMO. I acrtually have reached out to TGUK about how he started a little more than a year ago but he never got back to me.

That's what I'm thinking in terms of SFW content. A lot of sites do this if they're using a YouTube channel to promote themselves in order to effectively fly under the radar. A good example of this are the guys of No_Deo Duo (XTube is more appropriate for that since YT has been banning and taking down anything that hints of adult content. Quite a few of their videos are obviously fetish related despite having SFW content but they might be cashing in on the kinky audience they've attracted) Anything more than SFW needs a release form, I'm not a dom though but it's still needed for legal purposes from what I gather.
boundsub
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by boundsub »

Well, looks like I'll be sticking to writing stories then.... starting a bondage site it does seem like a huge undertaking in terms of both time and financing to compensate guys featured on it. I thought it would be a bit easier and less involved but there are tons of things to consider- opps! :oops:

Haven't considered a few things which are risky not have in place for a bondage website (age verification pop ups, legal disclaimers, the 18 USC 2251 which requires records for the ages of anyone featured on the site, etc...). After a bit more research I'd essentially have to start a business LLC if it's to be done legally since it would be an adult site; SFW content or not.

That makes me wonder about all the small armature sites out there like XanderBeckett and guys behind the *Site Name Removed Penidig investigation by Moderation Team* as well as the tons Tumblr pages. Many don't seem to be aware of all these regulations for adult related content. Or maybe they think they won't get caught or the rules don't apply to them?... seems a bit risky to me since they can get their ISP blocked or site shutdown from what I read.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic