How restrictive are zip ties?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
David Han
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

How restrictive are zip ties?

Post by David Han »

How restrictive are zip ties? I never thought of using this as part of bondage until now as I am considering new ways of being tied up by others? So advice please.
Tie me up and have fun with me
zora963

Post by zora963 »

Very much so, they can dig into your limbs. When one struggles with ropes, the binding knots can tighten and make the rope more restrictive; with zipties the knot remains fairly in place but is much less flexible, so it hurts to writhe around in a lot.
Last edited by zora963 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dominik
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Dominik »

zora963 wrote: 3 years ago Very much so, they can dig into your limbs. When one struggles with ropes, the binding knots can tighten and make the rope more restrictive; with zipties the knot remains fairly in place but is much less flexible, so it hurts to write around in a lot.
Not only that, they can also cause serious injuries when pulled too tight or worn too long.

They are however perfect for self-bondage: they can be used to pull your tied tighter; the stronger ones even hold a hogtie.

But never ever wrap them around any part of your body!
Gemscot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gemscot »

Never tried them. Sounds like they are quire dangerous?
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

I've used them while trying some escapes (look it up if you're curious). I'd never recommend using them for any kind of game. They're very easy to pull painfully tight. At best, you're going to end up with some marks on your skin.
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

I have used zip ties over thick hiking socks, that we used to protect the hands and wrists: 2 zip ties over the socks and one shorter one linking the two, basically like handcuffs. Worked very, very well, but I prefer using rope.
Last edited by Canuck100 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Canuck100 wrote: 3 years ago I have used zip tied over thick hiking socks, that we used to protect the hands and wrists: 2 zip ties over the socks and one shorter one linking the two, basically like handcuffs. Worked very, very well, but I prefer using rope.
Were I in the same room? :D
Exactly, both the experience (have been on the receiving end, too) and the preference. 8-)
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Nainur wrote: 3 years ago
Canuck100 wrote: 3 years ago I have used zip tied over thick hiking socks, that we used to protect the hands and wrists: 2 zip ties over the socks and one shorter one linking the two, basically like handcuffs. Worked very, very well, but I prefer using rope.
Were I in the same room? :D
Exactly, both the experience (have been on the receiving end, too) and the preference. 8-)
:D would have been fun to be in the same room I’m sure!

I liked (well, still do!) to use rope over thick socks or mittens (or both!). Makes it very hard to get free.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic