A MESSAGE TO FORUM LURKERS AND SILENT READERS

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Looks like the forum chat is seeing quite a bit of use from our forum's lurker population.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper or anything, but it would be great if other chat users (besides myself) were to incite those chatty lurkers to introduce themselves and post on the forum before using our chatroom.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Every time I've bumped this thread, a handful of forum lurkers came out of hiding to repent from their sinful ways. Here's to more of you coming out of the shadows and joining our great TUG family ;)

BUMP!

Socklover2.0
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Socklover2.0 »

Glad to see the new site is up and running. So far there’s not too many sex based stories, plus I always found a lot of the stories in the old site rather intriguing. Some
Very well written, kudos. Anywho, I’ll step off the soap box for now.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Swoguy wrote: 6 years ago Glad to see the new site is up and running. So far there’s not too many sex based stories, plus I always found a lot of the stories in the old site rather intriguing. Some
Very well written, kudos. Anywho, I’ll step off the soap box for now.
Welcome onboard, Swoguy!
Glad you're enjoying the site.
Hope you decide to stay and join the family ;)

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

BUMP!

Almost 1600 members!
Would be great to see some more new faces pop around. It's never too late to start posting and commenting folks, so get posting! ;)

Marrin
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Marrin »

I'll admit to be being a lurker and pretty much just sticking to messages that came my way. I was really glad to see this site pop up after the old one went down. I'll try this go around not be a perma-lurker and actually contribute...maybe even get brave enough to post a story or two. :)
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Please do. Welcome aboard.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
MisterMistoffelees
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MisterMistoffelees »

MisterMistoffelees wrote: 6 years ago
BondageKitten wrote: 6 years ago You all seem like a pretty friendly bunch to me. :D I really wish I was talented in the writing or drawing department so I could contribute something of worth. Kudos to all you wonderful peeps! I haven't read a story here I didn't enjoy.
Just as others have pointed out, you can always comment on what you read--in fact (at least from where I'm sitting) one of the major reasons story writers stop posting is the lack of commentary on their threads. Just speaking for myself, it feels like one is shouting into a void when one posts chapter after chapter, and gets no response. Even a few words to let the writer know how you feel is a great encouragement for writers to keep writing.
And as for me, it's right back to this. I think I'm done here.
Welcome to Snowden! Enter at your own risk!
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Looks like [mention]MisterMistoffelees[/mention] was serious when he said he was done.
Sad to see such a prolific author leaves us.

It's been well over six months since this thread has been bumped, and every time we've had one or two shy users come out of the shadows to voice their support.

I've spoken to a LOT of guys on here over the past months, and the recurring excuses for not posting seems to be "lack of time". Trust me, if you're on here browsing stories and reading stuff every day or two, you DEFINITELY have time to leave a quick line of support on the stories you're enjoying ;)

MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

The loss of [mention]MisterMistoffelees[/mention] is a shame. He will be missed and is a perfect example why it's so important to take a moment to say something (ANYTHING) if a story moves you in any way. I'm sorry to admit I never commented on his stories because they didn't involve my particular kinks (he never commented on mine either) but he is an excellent writer. I wish him well. If he reconsiders, I'll be the first to post a comment.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Edited the original message and BUMPING this back into the spotlight.

Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

I can relate to the whole being discouraged by lack of feedback thing. That's why I left for such a long while. Giving it another go but there are still times when i wonder if there's any point to writing anything new for this site when we writers get so little encouragement to do so. But at the same time i'm just as bad as anyone else in one sense; i haven't even been reading anyone's stories here - even the ones i used to closely follow like xtc or bondagefreak. Maybe it's just me but i don't enjoy the stories here like i used to... in part because the ones i liked best were TUGs between adolescents and those no longer seem to be very common here anymore. My own personal experiences I remember most fondly were when I was an adolescent myself interacting with other adolescents, so that probably has a lot to do with it.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Jason Toddman wrote: 3 years ago I can relate to the whole being discouraged by lack of feedback thing.
This really is a multifaceted problem.
The readership is partially to blame here, but the other 50% of the blame falls squarely on the authors themselves.
I've had some long time authors here tell me I'm wrong about that, but they're just in denial and prefer trying it their way even though it fails them every time.

My stories are no better than anyone else's, but one thing I usually excel at is getting attention and getting feedback.
I've posted some tips a while back, but few authors actually use these failproof recipes in unison.

HOW TO GET MORE FEEDBACK

One of the things I've not included there but that also helps a ton are promo banner-signatures.

andrewtied

Post by andrewtied »

i know this is old but i have trying to write more stories and trying to share my kinks which has been proven difficult maybe because being rejected hurts.

(even though some think my kinks is weird and im very picky on fantasy which its my fault in general).

i am currently writing a draft on a new story. sadly my motivation is all over the place. sorry if i haven't contributing on the forum recently that needs to change on my part
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic