Site Down?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Site Down?

Post by harveygasson »

Was it just me, or did the site go down for everyone for a few days?
Tom Ford
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Tom Ford »

IT's not just you. It went down for me too for the past few days.
Tsuhaya
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tsuhaya »

Around here also came down, unfortunately, sites like these still tend to be overturned for reasons often not fair
Yes, it's me in the picture. What are you waiting for to tie me up and gag me?
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

As far as I know, the site was down for everyone and luckily it was not due to internet censors. I am a mod, but I was not part of the inside chat while the site was down, so I was just following Xtc on his DeviantArt and seeing all the comments that were made there. From what I got, it was down due to an unseen but needed administration detail of running and maintaining a site like this and Chad or Xtc will hopefully make comments about it when they are able to do so in the next few days.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Let's not sepculate, folks, the team will have to have a little chat.
There was NOTHING sinister about the "outage", we have returned and shall come up with a strategy to prevent any repeats.

Be prepared to get your hands in your pockets.
This is NOT a cue to say, "I could if I would but . . . ." , such contributions have no value at all.
Perhaps, though, some members might consider making a contribution ONCE a mechanism is in place.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Deleted User 2261

Post by Deleted User 2261 »

Yes. Exactly what [mention]Xtc[/mention] said. This site costs money to run. Those who are upset, and want to continue to keep this wonderful site running, without additional interruptions, please consider making a donation.

[mention]chadmc90[/mention] works very hard to keep this site running, and the members do a WONDERFUL job of posting stories, but sometimes that is not enough. Money is what makes this website continue month to month.

Side note to admins: The only suggestion (And I am sure we talked about this before or you have thought about it as well) is to give admins access to the host so when the site goes down, and someone wants to contribute money, they can do that and the site will come back faster. This solution will also works if the Administrator is MIA, because he is a very busy guy.

Denver
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

Yes. The site was down not for censorship but for financial reasons. I am in a stressful financial situation as of now, and I will likely open up a donation page to prevent future outages. I apologize everyone for the downtime.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks for that, [mention]chadmc90[/mention], there has been some very unhelpful speculation.
I'll pm you.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Tsuhaya
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tsuhaya »

I will be happy to help as much as possible, including donation, I love this site and will do my best to keep it standing
Yes, it's me in the picture. What are you waiting for to tie me up and gag me?
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

I'm happy to pay a little to help out
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic