The Vitriol against M/M Material

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
DuctTapeSilence
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by DuctTapeSilence »

I’m sorry you all have to go through that. I prefer F/F, M/F and F/M stories but shy away from M/M. I couldn’t even imagine bashing others for their interests. It takes no effort to ignore the content I don’t like and let others enjoy their interests.
Duct tape can't fix every problem, but it can muffle the sound.
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Hey,

I feel like there is not much to add to what has already been said, but...

I really do think this comes down to societal norms, and to the insecurity of individuals. Like it or not, I think it is hard to disagree that society, and especially the internet, is built primarily (not entirely to be fair/clear) around fulfilling the needs and desires of straight men. Which is why F/F material is generally far more accepted, not to put too fine a point on it (as the 'joke' goes, if one likes ice cream, then why would someone not like having two ice creams?).

You see some of this too when you get to F/M material. A lot of it is very 'male-oriented' despite the ostensible framing, which is probably a big part of the reason there are just not that many dommes (and women that are willing to dom usually are only willing to dom other women). Of course the other half of that is just societal norms/expectations for women (women are expected to be weak and submissive), but that is a whole other can of worms that would be way too off-topic for this thread.

But specifically dealing with M/M material, it really just comes down to the absurd idea of 'masculinity' pushed down the throats of young men by society. Anything homosexual is seen as 'weak' and 'feminine' even if that does not really make much sense. Even showing emotions is seen as weak (and leads to so many problems and so much mental distress). And if they want to be seen as 'real men' then they have to *aggressively* push back against anything seen as non-masculine, lest they be made fun of by their peers.

I do also agree with the point that was brought up that some of it probably comes down to self-conscious bisexual or gay men who are afraid to admit the truth and aggressively push against it (because they feel like they are 'supposed to'). It certainly explains why one would bother seeking out such content in the first place, if they supposedly hate it so much. It is one of the cruelest things society can do to someone, to make them hate themselves (or some part of themselves).

Not that it has not been said about a dozen times already, but I wholly agree that it makes no sense to consume content you do not like, and then spend time complaining about it. There is already not enough time in the day for everything one might want to do, and so much to do and see. Why would one ever waste their time on anything that is not up their alley?

Obviously mere words do not solve the problem, but for that it is worth, I am sorry anyone has to experience this sort of thing. I wish it were different. I hope (although certainly I obviously might not be aware) that this is not something that occurs on this board, although I am certainly aware that it most definitely occurs on the wider internet.

Well, I said originally that there might not be much to add, but apparently there is/was... Even more to be said, but I think it is better to keep things reasonably brief.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic